How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

01-11-2010
V.I.P.

@EliMizrahi said that the show is at the Lexington Armory again.

01-11-2010
fashion icon

who is Monikangana Dutta? lol

I think it is just the local Indian media getting ahead of themselves. She is likely to be considered for work for VS, but I am pretty saw you need to work for the company before you become an angel . As an aussie I see this sort of stuff happen all the time. Whenever an Australian does catalogue work for VS they call them 'the next angel' and say they are given contracts. When Jess Hart did some catalogue work they said she signed a contract and that she was the next angel, same with Pania Rose, Nicole Trunfio and Jessica Gomes.

In other news I am 99.5% sure that Jessica Hart is not doing the show. She made it to final callbacks but she tweeted that she is on her way to Melbourne, Australia (her hometown). Since the show is on Nov 10 I'm guessing that if she was in the show she would need to stay in NY for fittings, promo ect.. I'm speculating that she would be in Melbourne for longer then a few days.

01-11-2010
fashion icon

Oh no please not Carmen! She had her time

01-11-2010
tfs star

How do you get to attend the show?! Is there a way to buy tickets online?

01-11-2010
V.I.P.

^pssshh I wish i'd save up vacation money to buy it, cause i'm sure that's how much it would cost anyway

01-11-2010
V.I.P.

someone in Jourdan´s thread said she wasn´t picked!
I really hope that rumour is false!......someone else can confirm that?

I guess Chanel is a better choice (with her amazing body*...look at those legs toned^ , what ask for more!!!!...)......

modelinia twitter

01-11-2010
tfs star

for the public attend i think you either have to win tickets from some promotion or attend some charity event/auction and pay like $20,000 lol

01-11-2010
fashion icon

What do VS see in Chanel seriously!!! She has no body. Like I said in a previous post, sure they can photoshop her body in the catalogue, but you cannot do that on the runway . She has the personality, but not the body. I still think she is stuck in between HF and commercial, she needs to decide, she isn't Gisele. If she chooses to focus just on VS, then girl eat and some cake and get some implants lol. I though VS girls were suppose to have curves, shame on you VS.

01-11-2010
V.I.P.

that picture of Chanel is worth a thousand words. I mean come on VS, there are so many other better bodies. Even somebody like Karlie Kloss would be a better choice than Chanel for Pink. Although Karlie would probably leave a trail in the glitter runway, with the way she drags her feet, i mean "walk".

01-11-2010
V.I.P.

Yeah, BeautyIsDiverse has the full cast list and said she's not on it. rockangel, you crack me up!

01-11-2010
V.I.P.

Actually, I think there is only 4 / 5 places for black models ... so I think that those are already awarded:

1.Selita (gorgeous but tacky)
2.Chanel...no words*
3.Aminata (vs loves her)
4.Joan crossed fingers*
5. maybe Lais/Arlenis or Emanuela (latin women...lets see..)

01-11-2010
fashion icon

Wow!! there is already a cast list. To anyone who has it, is there any surprises or is the cast pretty much expected?

ahh can't you guys post it lol, i am so inpatient

01-11-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
A brazilian newspaper reported that Gisele Bundchen might return to VSFS this year. I was thinking it was just another speculation, but on oct 29th Gisele was in NYC! Gisele now lives in Boston and she only flies to NYC to do some work. She made a quick trip into the city... so I guess maybe it could be for a fitting! Well, let's wait and see...
I am not holding my breath, but without Heidi they are missing a name. Without factoring in stuff like "who's too good / too HF," "who's not on good terms with VS," Gisele and Naomi Campbell are the only names I can think of who can fill the Heidi gap.

At the moment, Adriana is the most recognizable VS girl and she is fairly well known, but I wonder if Adriana + Katy Perry + Akon is enough to fill the Heidi plus musical guest gap, perhaps that is why they booked two acts, which I don't think they've done in a while, right? Now VS does have quite a few semi-famous models confirmed or auditioning: Chanel Iman and Alessandra Ambrosio (generally well-known), Lily A. (boyfriend), Selita (Kanye video), Rosie (but do people know who she is now?), Karolina Kurkova (TV and movie appearances, was her movie a hit?), Miranda Kerr (not confirmed - famous husband), anyone else?

01-11-2010
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by agee View Post
I am not holding my breath, but without Heidi they are missing a name. Without factoring in stuff like "who's too good / too HF," "who's not on good terms with VS," Gisele and Naomi Campbell are the only names I can think of who can fill the Heidi gap.

At the moment, Adriana is the most recognizable VS girl and she is fairly well known, but I wonder if Adriana + Katy Perry + Akon is enough to fill the Heidi plus musical guest gap, perhaps that is why they booked two acts, which I don't think they've done in a while, right? Now VS does have quite a few semi-famous models confirmed or auditioning: Chanel Iman and Alessandra Ambrosio (generally well-known), Lily A. (boyfriend), Selita (Kanye video), Rosie (but do people know who she is now?), Karolina Kurkova (TV and movie appearances, was her movie a hit?), Miranda Kerr (not confirmed - famous husband), anyone else?
I don't think Gisele will be in the show, she has moved on, even though VS needs her. I don't think she left on good terms

And Miranda Kerr is 7 months Pregnant, there is absolutely no way she will be doing the show lol (I hope not ) thats why she is not in the confirmed list, same with Doutzen.

01-11-2010
front row

I dont belive gisele would ever do vs again.she doesnt need them but the fact is they dont have a true star .And not to mention all the publicity and marketing with adriana and the bra to bring BIG G back could cause some conflict because all the media attention would be on gisele returing to vs she would steal the show.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, fashion, secret, victoria