How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

01-11-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littleathquakes View Post
Although Karlie would probably leave a trail in the glitter runway, with the way she drags her feet, i mean "walk".
like seriously, Karlie is a better walker than most of those girls who walk VS

01-11-2010
oh! darling

She will not do it again. Gisele has closed that door.

01-11-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiranYana View Post
like seriously, Karlie is a better walker than most of those girls who walk VS
no she's not

01-11-2010
V.I.P.

I doubt Gisele is on bad terms with VS. This is from a very recent interview in Vogue Brazil. Look at one of the people who interviewed Gisele, and her response.

http://forums.thefashionspot.com/sho...&postcount=438

Quote:
Edward Razek, marketing director of Victoria’s Secret You seem to be in the happiest phase of your life. Is this true? How did you meet your husband? Was it a blind date? How did you choose Benjamin’s name? And who was your favorite client in all these years of career?

I am living the most challenging, but also the most rewarding phase of my life and that makes me very happy. And yes, it’s true that I met my husband in a blind date. Tom (American football player Tom Brady) was introduced to me by a very special friend, who knew us both and thought we had a lot in common. He was right. We chose the name Benjamin because we both liked it and it sounded just as good in English as it did in Portuguese. As for clients, I had the opportunity to work with dear, special people. You are certainly one of them, Ed.

01-11-2010
trendsetter

VS would go bankrupt if Gisele did the show. After leaving, I would imagine that VS would demand a ton of $$$ to go back.

01-11-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littleathquakes View Post
no she's not
uhm yes she is , Karlie is one of the best catwalkers today and her signature walk is one of a kind that every model dreams to walk like her

01-11-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiranYana View Post
uhm yes she is , Karlie is one of the best catwalkers today and her signature walk is one of a kind that every model dreams to walk like her
her walk definitely is distinctive, but then again so is Angela Lindvall's, Sasha's "dead arm" walk, Kasia's "baby steps" walk, Trentini's walk/hop, etc. But that doesn't make any of those walks good.

01-11-2010
fashion icon

IMO when Adriana and Ale leave it will be the death of VS. Without them VS would be officially nothing. VS started to loose its x-factor they day Tyra and Gisele departed. Without Adriana and Ale the angel list would be:
-Candice
-Rosie
-Chanel
-Erin
-Lindsey
-Lily
-Behati

this would be the most weakest list ever, none of them are supermodels. Candice is amazing but she is no Adriana, Heldi or Gisele. What has happened to the old VS where SUPERMODELS dominated. VS choices in models has been horrible lately. Lily, Chanel, Erin, and Lindsey are all beautiful, but sexy? I think its just VS trying to get some local faces from USA to represent them. Every year the show gets worser and the budget is downsized. I am hoping for a major turnaround this year.

01-11-2010
scenester

Well, it's been almost 4 years since Gisele is no longer an angel. And after that she didn't worked for VS anymore like the others did. But after Heidi left the brand I think Adriana won't get to take all the responsibility by herself. Alessandra is another big name of course, but she is changing with the time to high fashion and VS is not a priority to her anymore (she didn't renew the contract to be exclusive for swimwear). I think as this year Gisele is celebrating 15 years of career and VS made part of her history maybe her come back has some sense. In january Gisele won't hit the catwalk in Brazil as she is now signing with C&A in Brazil, so maybe she is making this change.... I don't know but I hope to see her back!

01-11-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pen6693 View Post
VS would go bankrupt if Gisele did the show. After leaving, I would imagine that VS would demand a ton of $$$ to go back.
They probably would, but they can afford to Gisele is worth every penny

01-11-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Sneaking a Peak at the Mad Bling of Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

When you watch the Victoria's Secret fashion show, you know there's NO WAY IN HELL that the bras and unmentionables will look the same on you as they do on Adriana Lima, Doutzen Kroes or Bar Refaeli. The jewelry, on the other hand, is a pretty safe bet. We got to preview the sparkly, sparkly trinkets at Pascal Mouawad's showroom on Melrose. It was created especially for the show, but it all looks like it came from a royal family: it's all substantial and VERY EXPENSIVE looking. It's a lot of bling. And we've got to hand it to the VS Angels: walking down the runway wearing next to nothing in 6" heels while you're saturated in 10 pounds of jewelry probably isn't nearly as easy as they make it look. The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show airs on November 30.

la.racked.com

01-11-2010
V.I.P.

it's interesting they show a ring. have the girls worn anything other than earrings and necklaces? I don't remember seeing rings.

01-11-2010
fashion insider

It looks glamorous,

01-11-2010
tfs star

rings are hard to notice... lol. but i'm dying to know the full cast! looking at the models, i feel like we're going to be able to tell if the show is going to be great again, or downright stupid, again... lol.

on karlie's walk, i'm sure she has more than one walk, case in point. she doesn't runway walk everywhere she goes! i'm sure girl can do something sexy with those great legs of hers!

i also believe that VS is going to die because of their inability to produce great models now. i remember when it was just a select 4 or 5 girls that were chosen to be VS angels... now they have like 14 of them! no point in having that many girls and still be able to say that is prestigious when none of them even have star quality...

and alessandra isn't going into high fashion, she's merely going back. all of the angels from the past have had some high fashion work... none of them had the power that gisele had though, she was everywhere! and she's still everywhere!

Last edited by j.cruz146; 01-11-2010 at 09:13 PM.

01-11-2010
backstage pass

Karlie's walk sucks and she has no tits and *** and she looks 13 and she is 17 so why is she even an option...

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, fashion, secret, victoria