How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

05-10-2011
V.I.P.

OMG VS what a horrid angel line-up ...lily, erin behati chanel lindsay...those girls are just pretty normal... TBH, there are most beautiful girls by streets on my country O_o...but I guess they are "filler" angels....seriously, VS is desperate for media attention
but what bothers me is that Lily is only there, because of her boyfriend, she's not the best catwalker, actually her walk sucks!... She lacks of spark enough to be a good spokemodel...not even, cause she's american...just an excellent catalog girl, as long as she does not smile:/
sorry, I've been biting my tongue for a long time and for those "drama queens", is just my opinion

Last edited by rockangel; 05-10-2011 at 02:36 PM.

05-10-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderTMugler View Post
Plus it's not the racial diversity thread (BTW, is there such thing here?)
Actually the topic is related to the show especially in regards to model selection. There's going to be at least 20 other models there besides the 10 angels, and there's nothing wrong with some of us expressing a desire to see more variety amongst the casting filler. Sure, it's a bit of a deeper discussion than talking about hair and make-up, but it's not out of place in this thread.

I think Candice, Chanel or Miranda should open the show. Along with liking how each angel got to wear wings last year, I like how each segment was opened by an angel in 2008, 2009, and 2010. I hope they continue that, and I hope angels are most of the ones to close the segments as well. I like most of the newer angels. Hopefully all of them get three outfits this year. Lily's Christmas lingerie pictures are really good, and I think this is the year that they should take her out of the pink section like they did Candice and Erin last year. Lindsay can probably skip the pink section as well.

05-10-2011
tfs star

IDK if it's just me, but I have never found Chanel Iman attractive in terms of appearance. If you look at the picture on VSallaccess posted before she honestly looks horrible. I haven't seen one shot of her on the VSFS that looks appealing either. I've seen her in person too, I just can't understand how people find her attractive.

Someone give me one picture where she looks STUNNING.

05-10-2011
V.I.P.

^^
she is not dear,tbh i really liked chanel as a HF model but VS ruined her for me

Last edited by alonsoJonathan; 05-10-2011 at 05:35 PM.

05-10-2011
tfs star

And I just want to add that it has to be an unphotoshopped picture! VS can add boobs and curves anywhere they want with photoshop.

05-10-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel29 View Post
I just can't understand how people find her attractive.
Because beauty is subjective. What one person finds attractive, another person does not. A model that one person think is beautiful might fall flat for a different person. We all register looks differently. For example, a million pictures could be posted of Lais, and I'm just not going to find her stunning. It's all a matter of individual opinion.

05-10-2011
fashion elite

Honestly i would love to see:

Ajak Deng - Because of her African look and extraordinary body.
Vlada Roslyakova - She has the face and the body, she ages really beautifully.
Flavia de Oliveira - Has always been one of my top rated at VSFS.
Karmen Pedaru - She's one of my favourites, and has the Body and face for it.
Charlotte Di Calypso - Obvious reasons.

All of this models have great walks, specially Vlada who has gotten pretty fierce lately, and Flavia who has always been a great walker.

05-10-2011
backstage pass

I really can't picture Vlada at a VSFS... not even for pink

05-10-2011
trendsetter

^ she almost made it that one year when the show was in Miami. Plus she has really grown into her looks. I personally wouldn't mind seeing Sasha Pivovarova or Anna Selezneva, mostly for PINK.

Some newcomers I want in would be Marloes Horst, Karmen Pedaru, Anais Mali, Jasmine Tookes, Karlie Kloss, Catherine McNeil, Vanessa Breuer(she has a hint of Gisele, which is always a good thing). Everyone else I would like is probably underage, which is quite sad. And of course I want the veterans to return.

Last edited by Sam12; 05-10-2011 at 10:28 PM.

05-10-2011
backstage pass

^ i love karmen, but tbh i find her to be far to masculine in her upper body.. i don't think she would be suited to VS. but i would still be happy to see one of my favs there :-)

05-10-2011
fashion elite

And i forgot to mention Anna Jagodzinska, i think she has was probably the most beautiful girl in the show to me that year she was in the show.

And i can totally picture Vlada R. she has gain some weight and her body is formidable, it's pretty much the same case of Lily Donaldson, Doll faces and really High Fashion Models, but they might get it because they are beautiful.

And BTW You guys made doubt in my opinion about Karmen P. ahahaha

06-10-2011
V.I.P.

My dream line-up besides Miranda and Candice:

• Jasmine Tookes
• Lucette van Beek
• Natasha Poly
• Gisele Bόndchen
• Edita Vilkeviciute
• Jourdan Dunn
• Magdalena Frackowiak
• Snejana Onopka
• Bianca Balti
• Liu Wen
• Sui He
• Constance Jablonski
• Valentina Zelyaeva
• Hilary Rhoda
• Linda Vojtova
• Anne Vyalitsyna
• Shannan Click
• Rosie Huntington-Whitely
• Emily DiDonato
• Jeisa Chiminazzo
Posted via Mobile Device

06-10-2011
V.I.P.

here's my line up for this year's show:

Returning:
-the Angels, of course
-Isabeli (with wings)
-KK
-Izabel
-Magda
-Lily D
-Eniko - i want her back bad
-Lara Stone
-Anna Maria J
-Liu Wen
-Marisa Miller (I do miss her, actually, despite her awful walk, she has a spark that I can't describe)
-Maryna
-Bianca
-Natasha
-Heather Marks
-Stam

New faces:
-Karlie Kloss
-Sasha P
-Anna S
-Lindsey Wixson
-Alla K
-Hanne Gaby Odiele
-Karmen P
-Natalia V
-Hilary Rhoda
-Coco Rocha
-Fei Fei Sun

06-10-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlg00 View Post
Making it to angel status is difficult for any model - regardless of race. VS essentially has to fall in love with her, and you can't make them do that. They like who they like, love who they love, and they have their reasons for each selection that they've made.
When you get a chance and if you are so inclined, will you share your perspective on what it is that VS likes / loves about the models in the current angel line up, perhaps in the other thread, TIA.

06-10-2011
front row

@Littleathquakes: I would love to see Heather in VS again. But im not sure if her current look would work for VS now. I miss how she looked at the 06 show

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, fashion, post, posting, secret, victoria