How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

20-09-2011
V.I.P.

Go ahead Adri and smile, point and blow some kisses!

youtube/snowkat008

20-09-2011
V.I.P.

Joan's problem is not be that she cannot smile and look accessible, rather it is that truckdriver walk of hers. I really want Joan to walk the VSFS at least once, but ugh at her looking like too many other VS regulars who have a good chance of being cast like Lais, Cris, Gracie and to a lesser extent Chanel and Selita.

20-09-2011
V.I.P.

Serioulsy adri started all this!!
Her been the main angel doing this,the rest followed.
I mean giselle never did it n everything was good.maybe adriana wasnt so confidence n had to do all that to feel a strong opener/ main girl of the show.imo
Posted via Mobile Device

20-09-2011
trendsetter

^ Tyra "Fierce" Banks started the waving/blink/blowing kisses/looking in the crowd like she knew everyone who's front row/out of control thing. And I hate it.

I'm really not a big fan of it. One of those things (accept the out of control) are fine with me... if 1 or 2 models per segment does it,
but sometimes I feel like the models are in competition for acting craziest.

I'm very excited for this years show though..

20-09-2011
front row

Adriana & Tyra didn't start anything, you know who did? CBS, the girls have to do whatever CBS wants them to do which for today's crowd is blow kisses, look cute & smile a lot ... Can't blame Adriana/Tyra/Anyone for that

For new models i would like Marloes Horst, Cintia Dicker, Elsa Hosk, Kate Upton, Karlie Kloss would be perfect for me, also Barbara Palvin will be 18 by the time of the castings so im hoping she can make it

& returning girls of course Izabel Goulart is a must for me, Isabeli, Karolina, Magdalena, Edita, Maryna, Lais, Emanuela, Constance & Gracie ... I hope Selita, Anja & Katsia stay away from VS this year

20-09-2011
trendsetter

I hope for Ali Stephens and Andi Muise!

20-09-2011
V.I.P.

I know it may seem like heresy, but Gisele is the one that looked uncomfortable to me at times on the VS runway especially in the later years, she was great backstage but she looked too intense and "in her head" when she walked VS, particularly when she opened, and don't get me started on the looking down thing.

I don't think that VS wants every single model to wave and point and be playful but I think that the desired overall vibe is to be that way. Personally I do not think that it is a coincidence that after the 2007 show that I linked above where Adriana was very playful that the 2008 show was so Adriana-centric.

Last edited by agee; 20-09-2011 at 05:24 PM.

20-09-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadum_ View Post
^ Tyra "Fierce" Banks started the waving/blink/blowing kisses/looking in the crowd like she knew everyone who's front row/out of control thing. And I hate it.

I'm really not a big fan of it. One of those things (accept the out of control) are fine with me... if 1 or 2 models per segment does it,
but sometimes I feel like the models are in competition for acting craziest.
I'm very excited for this years show though..

soo agreed,back in the day they were competing to see who was more fierce n now is to who gets more attention!

well i take Giselle "looking down thing" 100 times than all the crazy things that girls r doinh right now.

n tyra well that was the only way for her to get attention,because Giselle,Noemi,kk, not even adri or ale were doing those thing!! gosh they were so femme fatale back in the days!! now is just pure party girls i dont know how else to put it!!!

n have notice that most of the the girls who walk the show before 2007 dont really do that.( Isabeli,Doutzen,Miranda,KK,Ale) is mostly the new girl who try to imitate the main girl(adriana)

Last edited by alonsoJonathan; 20-09-2011 at 05:36 PM.

20-09-2011
front row

That's what im saying, before 2007 not even Adriana was on board with the cutesy/cheesy stuff, i really doubt that from one year to another she decided to start doing it all by herself & if you look at the 2007 show that's when the show started taking more of a fun/cute direction instead of sexy/femme fatale like 2003-2006 & you can't blame any model for that, it was VS & CBS decision to take the show on a different direction ... I mean, they even closed with Pink last year

However, i take Gisele "looking down" & "in her head" 100 times before the blowing kisses, waving hands crap because i find it annoying, 2010 was a lot better than the previous 2007-2009 years in that sense & i hope they keep that way this year

20-09-2011
tfs star

Why would Marta say she isn't doing the show this year? Is it just personal choice or she can't go to castings? Sounds strange.

Newcomers, PLEASE Marloes, Cintia Dicker(!!), Hilary Rhoda

What do you guys think of Daniella Sarahyba? I think she would be good:

askmen.com, SI.com

20-09-2011
backstage pass

^^She's pretty, but can she walk?

20-09-2011
V.I.P.

nightclubbing, I completely agree about Anja. she always acts like it is some sort of chore to walk for the VSFS
I could also do without Julia Stegner, Caroline Winberg, and possibly Jessica Stam unless she can get it together
last year Stam looked amazing in backstage pics and then on the runway somehow looked haggard

20-09-2011
trendsetter

Lily D looked kind of 'whatever' when she walked too, and I know she has it in her to do better (hello, the Aldo campaigns!) so I'm hoping she comes back and steps it up like I know she can.

20-09-2011
backstage pass

Cintia Dicker is long overdue! she really NEEDS to be on that show, what a gorgeous woman and not enough redheads at the VSFS!

20-09-2011
tfs star

^ not any for that matter! haha And yes, Cintia is LONG overdue. Come one, can't they give her a chance! They let Dorothea and Anastasia walk for gods sake.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, fashion, post, posting, secret, victoria