How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

26-09-2011
backstage pass

^^ i personally hated lara at VS show, but of course thats just my opinion. i think there are so many models in the shows that all will appeal to someone.

my problem with lara is that i think she can be extremely sexy in print, but in motion...oh...so...awkward. it is such a shame in my opinion.

26-09-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
constructing #swarovski crystal wing panels today for #VSFashionShow .. busy, busy, busy!!
ManikMercian's Twitter

26-09-2011
tfs star

have they ever had a swarovski crystal wing before?

ugh I wish we could join a committee and help design the show. Even though it's not as fashion oriented anymore (blowing kisses) I think majority of us could contribute ideas to make a FREAKING AMAZING SHOW.

27-09-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zann View Post
Yes to Hilary^

If Sasha walked, I am sure they would VS her up as much as they could even though she doesn't need it. I'm talking fake tan, huge weave, and glitter for days.

I am all for girls that don't fit the VS aesthetic to walk. I think I am the only fan of Lara Stone's appearance in the 2008 show. I personally loved it.
I would love to see Sasha walk the VS show just for ****s and giggles, she would be adorable! The gifs that can come from that!

27-09-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zann View Post
have they ever had a swarovski crystal wing before?

ugh I wish we could join a committee and help design the show. Even though it's not as fashion oriented anymore (blowing kisses) I think majority of us could contribute ideas to make a FREAKING AMAZING SHOW.
not sure, what were KK's wings in the 2006 show where she wore the FB? Were those swarovski crystals on those wings?

they should solicit input from tfs. i have a few ideas in mind, on top of the cast lineup

27-09-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larek View Post
Miranda walks the runway with the Fantasy Bra

Kanye comes in: I am sorry Miranda, imma let you finish but Gisele had the best Fantasy bra of all time!
well that might be true though hahahah.

Kanye wanted to perform for VS for years and VS wanted Kanye to perform for years. Unfortunately in 2007 when they finally got him his mother passed away... the following years Kanye wasn't available. I really think they are still trying to get him... but Kanye is the type of person who will go after the models on stage...

As for Enrique: I wouldn't mind seeing him there... his music catchy; he is not the type of artist that will run around the stage to hang around the girls.

As for Adele: No please no. Adele is my favorite artist at the moment but no not for VSFS

As for Kings of Leon or Maroon 5: No I'd prefer a good remix of a song from the bands instead of them performing while their girls walk the runway.

Models: Obviously I want Isabeli to be there.... And I don't mind seeing Ana Beatriz Barros back. I think she's gorgeous and has a good body and personality to do the show! I am still in shock she didn't make it through the casting last year...

27-09-2011
V.I.P.

^supposedly AnaBB didn't walk because they wouldn't pay her enough - but I don't really believe that. I think she just didn't get cast and didn't want to admit it.

speaking of which...how much do the models get paid for walking in a VSFS? is it a normal runway pay or is it increased because it airs on TV in many different countries? also, for models like Adriana and Miranda, is it just in their contract that they walk and don't get paid (b/c they already get so much $$ in their contract) or is it a separate fee...?

just curious if no one knows that's ok

27-09-2011
V.I.P.

good question.

I want to believe that VS would pay more for a runway appearance...i mean they hand out those mega million contracts.

but on the other hand, a model is given so much exposure they could probably leverage that and pay a very low fee...

27-09-2011
fashion elite

For the Angels it's probably in their contract (how I would love to see a copy of one!) and the other models, they probably do it for the3 exposure.

27-09-2011
front row

I don't think VS pays that much to newer girlsfor the show because walking the VS show it's free publicity for a model in the commercial market, it's kind of like doing Sports Illustrated, i know that newer models get little $ for it & then you start getting more $ once you are an established name in the magazine's customers.

As for the Angels it would only make sense to have the show included on their contracts, because what if an Angel decides not to walk just because she doesn't feel like walking one year? It would be stupid not to have the show in the contracts.

27-09-2011
V.I.P.

^ although I'm sure there's a pregnancy clause in that contract

30-09-2011
fashion icon

I could totally see Jessica Hart in the line up. She has recently appeared in the catalogues again so maybe she is a chance.

30-09-2011
backstage pass

^ yes, i think she was restricted under her seafolly contract, but i have hope she might walk now thats over and she has appeared in their catalogues again.

i can't see her ever hitting big with VS (too many blondes atm that are more established there), and i don't see her as particular sexy, despite her killer body.

but i think if she ever appears it will be this year!

30-09-2011
tfs star

I would love to see Valentina Zeliaeva walk the show!

30-09-2011
trendsetter

^ that would be a dream come true, but RL will never let it happen, unless of course VSFS goes to Paris or Milan or somewhere else.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, fashion, post, posting, secret, victoria