How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

04-10-2011
trendsetter

(vsholic.com)

04-10-2011
backstage pass

2011 Angel Line-Up Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

all pics from - vsallaccess.com

04-10-2011
fashion icon

No Rosie? I guess she is a movie star now

04-10-2011
V.I.P.

TEN? entirely too many "angels"

04-10-2011
backstage pass

^ Well this is the first year with the new angels that there hasn't been someone on mat leave so I guess it adds up aha

04-10-2011
fashion elite

It's because Behati and Lindsey are now angels. With that many girls there really should be more diversity in looks.

04-10-2011
V.I.P.

I guess the voices have been heard in Columbus, OH and Victoria's Secret has finally given people what they've been asking for, a list of the Victoria's Secret Angels.

Last edited by agee; 04-10-2011 at 10:33 AM.

04-10-2011
fashion elite

Cut it in half and we are golden!

Seriously, I hope they have strong make up for the girls next year, last years was so bland.

04-10-2011
tfs star

Why oh WHY is Lindsay now on the angel line up?! She's pretty, but boring, and most people won't know the difference between her and Erin. Chanel is a terrible miscast compared to the other 'true' angels (Ale, Adriana, Doutzen, Miranda) and NEEDS to be replaced with Lais ASAP.

For there to be 10 girls, it's a bit depressing that there isn't much diversity. Holding out for an awesome cast to make up for it.

04-10-2011
V.I.P.

take out chanel,erin,behati,lindsay,lily n the line up is PERFECTION!!!

oh n of course just add a black model in the line up! Joan will be Perfect i had a problem with her walk before but this season she walked so womanly really i think now she is VSFS ready!

btw lily pic is really poor girl she just cant match the rest

Last edited by alonsoJonathan; 04-10-2011 at 05:10 PM.

04-10-2011
front row

Replace Lily with Lais
Get rid of Candice, Lindsay or Erin ... They look like triplets

Adriana, Ale, Miranda, Doutzen, Behati & Chanel are just fine to me

04-10-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonsoJonathan View Post

btw lily pic is really poor girl she just cant match the rest
I saw her Rag and Bone outakes, they are not pleasant, she's very limited.

04-10-2011
backstage pass

Having three similar blondes in Candice, Erin, and Lindsay is no different than when VS had three similar brunettes in Adriana, Alessandra, and Izabel.

I liked how all the angels got wings last year. It would be cool if each angel got to wear wings again this year - even the old ones that I don't like.

04-10-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlg00 View Post
Having three similar blondes in Candice, Erin, and Lindsay is no different than when VS had three similar brunettes in Adriana, Alessandra, and Izabel.
Preach!
And I don't know why we are putting to much account on what vsallaccess.com says the linup is anyways...they still have Marissa on there

04-10-2011
backstage pass

It's interesting how people are like "There's no diversity" when they want to replace the one black angel with another black model - still leaving just one. How is that more diverse? A couple of us were having a discussion about the lack of diversity in the shows in general a few posts back and talking about the black models that have made the show and more options, but people obviously don't want to discuss that because they kept changing the topic back to hair extensions and bad runway walks.

If people really wanted to discuss diversity within Victoria's Secret, then it could actually be an interesting conversation. The one angel of color is one individual topic, but there are other things that can be discussed from VS's focus on Afro Latinas, the model selection for their catalog covers, even amongst the nine white angels the different nationalities, cutural differences and importance of speaking English could be discussed.

Unfortunately, any VS discussion or angel discussion always turns into "I don't like this angel. Replace her with this model instead. So and so is sexier." When you talk about diversifying, it's not about replacing this black model with that black model. It's also not about taking out the white models that you don't like and replacing them with some different white models that you might find "sexier" or have a different hair color. A trio of Candice, Maryna, and Edita wouldn't be diverse either.

A few of us tend to dominate the VS threads and the same topics tend to get discussed over and over again. In the few times that something different is brought up it's usually ignored and people go right back to the same things over and over again. Do people really want to talk about diversity or do they want to talk about "So and so is sexy?" It tends to be the second option more often than not.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, fashion, post, posting, secret, victoria