How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

09-11-2011
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WerbowyStegner View Post
^Um sorry but it IS important in the FASHION world. Sure VSFS is 'bigger' but H&M for versace is a once in a life time show and almost ALL of the high fashion elite (editors etc) will be there - including Linda Evangelista and Gemma Ward! The versace for H&M campaign has gained A LOT of publicity worldwide as well - besides we're talking about FUTURE campaigns for versace etc , its really the idea about walking for something affiliated with versace in general and the fact that majority of the fashion editors will be there maybe even seeking girls for future eds etc whereas what about VSFS? It's more about the CELEBRITIES there.

Why is this even being argued? Both are important int heir own respects. VSFS for the comemrcial world and Versace for H&M those particularly interested in fashion.
I agree 100% you cannot discredit the other. And if a model would rather do the Versace show it is her personal choice. Not every model aspires to do the VSFS, even if its your fave and you want to see them there.

anyway, I can either Lily A or Chanel closing the show. I know that Chanel is in the middle of the pink section but we know it is subject to change. She didn't do that bad last year, and I think it's a little odd VS haven't given her an open or a close. If they change Behati's outfit, maybe she will be the closer, she has a lot of energy. I don't see it being Elsa

09-11-2011
scenester

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd2fxGWvT58

09-11-2011
V.I.P.

So - quick question for everyone! How are we gonna do it once pics of backstage start coming out? I know there's a separate thread for pics only, but last year everyone was posting pics here and discussing them, and then using the Photos Only thread to post the sets of HQs later on, mostly. Shall we do it again this year? It's confusing to post a photo in the other thread, and then come back here to discuss it - half the people would end up asking what we're talking about, etc. Ideas, opinions? These threads move so fast lol!

09-11-2011
V.I.P.

^They closed the photos thread anyway, I think. So you'll probably have to do it here.

09-11-2011
backstage pass

here
can't wait for the craziness

09-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaglam View Post
^They closed the photos thread anyway, I think. So you'll probably have to do it here.
Oh hah, hadn't even noticed that! Happy days, less confusion. Right, I'll be around until late tonite to post HQs from Getty, Wire, Film, and a ton of others as they're released. I can do Landov MQ as well if needed. Can't wait for pics to start showing!

09-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kournikov View Post
I'm pretty sure the VSFS show is a much BIGGER show than the Versace/H&M show.
It is, plus it is Versace for H&M, they are both commercial fashion shows, and H&M is following the same model as VS, which is do gimmicky stuff to attract attention, although in the Versace for H&M case they are trying to promote a specific collection whereas with VS it is more about the overall brand. Versace for H&M may be a one time deal, but last year it was Lanvin for H&M and next year it is going to be another high end label.

As I stated before, while the H&M shows garner attention, it is still itty-bitty compared to the world-wide attention that the VSFS garners, maybe that will change in a few years but that is the deal now. From a model standpoint, in general, VS is still the bigger get, but when you get down to individual models, models like Abbey and Lindsey (not that she is a contender for the VSFS because of her age) have strong relationships with Versace, and Edita has a strong relationship with H&M, so for them the Versace for H&M may be a more desirable booking for them.

09-11-2011
trendsetter

Darn it. I have an art exam tomorrow so I can't stay up and party with you all. Nothingless, if you could post photos that would be amazing! I hope you all have a great night and fingers crossed for some stunning outfits, lighting and sets!
Posted via Mobile Device

09-11-2011
scenester

I'm So Excited for this VSFS +_+

Começa Logoo!!!

09-11-2011
fashion elite

OMG are you serious? Versace 4 H&M more important than Victoria's Secret? I hope everybody is joking
Victoria's Secret is the event of the year, the most important supermodels in the world (Gisele, Tyra, Naomi are walked the show) and an H&M show is more relavant?
If you love Edita ok, but if you look at the cast you can see how ridicolous was! I'm Natasha Poly's fan & i don't understand why she was there! (A big let down 4 my self). Not going to VS casting and going there (sadness)! Abbey at least had the campaign so it's not that atrocious! Anyway cannot wait for tonight yeeeeeee

09-11-2011
V.I.P.

I think we can wait for the official show to rule out any one not being there due to Versace.

if Nikki Minaj can perform at the H&M show and VSFS, surely the model (the ones who aren't staying behind for any after show fulfillments) can too. i would think a rehearsal for Minaj, who will be performing, would be a lot more involved than a rehearsal for a model.

Last edited by Littleathquakes; 09-11-2011 at 07:14 AM.

09-11-2011
backstage pass

They both are very important IMO

I hope VS gets a decent finale, last year's was horrible. I prefer girls walking at the end not just staying, waving or dancing. A straight runaway needs a decent walk at the end(just like in 2006 )!!

09-11-2011
V.I.P.

so i'm crossing my fingers for Edita. still hoping Eniko is going to pop up.

is Caroline Winberg confirmed?

09-11-2011
V.I.P.

Eniko isn't going to be in the show, which bums me out!, she was at the Kanye/Jay-Z show last night.

09-11-2011
V.I.P.

models do things when they have a more established relationship... hence why the models who are doing Versace or VS have better relationships with one or the other (ex. Natasha with Donatella and H&M or Maryna with Victoria's Secret) Edita has done the show before it's nothing to her now, she isn't Jessica C. or Karlie...

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, 2011, fashion, post, posting, secret, victoria