How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

07-11-2011
Automated Thread Manager

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2011 - *Please see first post before posting* - #3
Moderator Reminder:

Thread Rules:
1. No model bashing.
2. Negative opinions about models are allowed, but you must back up any negative opinion with precise facts about why you feel that way.
3. State that opinion only once, then move on ... do not mention it again.
4. All other tFS apply as usual, please keep in mind that just because this is the Victoria'sSecret Thread does not mean that weight talk in any way/shape/form is allowed.

Thank You

There will be no "Pictures Only Thread" instead we suggest:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nothingless View Post
Suggestion: I'm tagging all my posts - use 'Search This Thread' at the top of the page to see all posts: #HQPhotos #MQPhotos #Photos (whichever tags are applicable) - if everyone does it, it'll be easy for people to filter the thread for just the photo posts!
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Last edited by HeatherAnne; 09-11-2011 at 02:15 PM.

07-11-2011
rising star

I think this years could possibly be one of the best shows ever...

07-11-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
can u imagine girls like Lindsay,Lily,Chanel wearing those outfits

Quote from Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2011 #2 Post 995
Um, actually I can.

Lily's wearing the exact same red and black outfit for Very Sexy Seduction. Clearly VS thought Lily worked for it considering that the picture of her in the outfit was used as the main picture for the advertising for that campaign on the website, and she's also wearing the commercial where she looked amazing. It's highly disappointing that she might not end up wearing it in the show.

source - victoriassecret.com

Last edited by tlg00; 07-11-2011 at 10:48 AM.

07-11-2011
V.I.P.

^
yeah well that is in Pictures everyone looks good in Pictures. n her even more been a catalogue model. in runway not so much,there a reason why she still doing Pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKfan View Post
I think this years could possibly be one of the best shows ever...
you think so? with so many new models?

i think it will be like 2005 a lot of new girls. but then again not many of this new girls can touch the 05 Cast.that was just the best. n of course there was no Pink segment.

Last edited by alonsoJonathan; 07-11-2011 at 10:50 AM.

07-11-2011
rising star

^ It wont be the best like 2005, but i think it might surprise us. If not, then i will eat my words haha.

07-11-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonsoJonathan View Post
yeah well that is in Pictures everyone looks good in Pictures.
Everyone doesn't look good in pictures - particularly Victoria's Secret pictures given their styling and photography, but as pointed out, Lily's also wearing it in the commercial that was released, so it's not just pictures.

Quote:
n her even more been a catalogue model.
Well Victoria's Secret is a catalog company.

07-11-2011
V.I.P.

#799 Adriana's superhero outfit is questionable, but I think she can pull it off. The red and black outfit is nice, but I'm not sure if it looks amazing on Adriana. I think it might look better on Lily Aldridge. The purple outfit I like, but the striped stockings need to go.
#804 Toni's outfit is cute in that last picture. She looks like a butterfly wearing a babydoll. :p

I am excited for this years show! Magdalena, Lily D, Karlie Kloss and Toni Garrn!

Last edited by wickedcrazyness; 07-11-2011 at 11:33 AM.

07-11-2011
front row

I am so excited cant wait for the show,has any pics of ales outfits been released.......i have not seen any of her looks.

07-11-2011
V.I.P.

First: i don't think Marloes isn't cast (if she isn't) because she look likes Erin.
Lily D and Bregje are also both in the show, and if some models could confuse the audience it would be those two.

Second: Erin is pretty, but Marloes is a bombshell. I really can't see the big deal in Erin (or Chanel or Lily A etc), That picture posted in the previous thread wasn't really a fair race against Erins, there are wayyyyy sexier pictures from Marloes. I would cast Marloes any time over a lot of models icl. Erin. And no I'm not saying that because I like Marloes, I just think she got way more sex-appeal.

About Shanina Shaik: not impressed.

Milou Sluis: 100% confirmed, she won't be at VSFH....

Last edited by Forrest; 07-11-2011 at 11:42 AM.

07-11-2011
trendsetter

^^ I haven't seen any of Ale's looks, I'm also curious about what looks Erin has as well.

Last edited by nightclubbing; 07-11-2011 at 11:39 AM.

07-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
^
yeah well that is in Pictures everyone looks good in Pictures. n her even more been a catalogue model. in runway not so much,there a reason why she still doing Pink
and here it is the reposted pic again

I really hope CBS cut Lily A out! as they always do ...I don't want to see her AWFUL walk it hurts my eyes...not even Marisa was as bad as her :/ ...
A catalog model should be just a "Catalog Model"

07-11-2011
backstage pass

I think, what needs to be realized is that VS is not only trying to appeal to one brand of sexy with their angels. Lily is very girl next door, Lindsay is that Bambi/innocent looking one, Erin has a sort of sexy tomboy thing going on, Candice is just sexy period, Adriana is that darker edgy sexy, Ale is sexy, but looks approachable and fun, Behati is supposed to be that cool, kinda earthy girl and Chanel is the young, fun one. Doutzen is the beauty, and Miranda is the cutsey girl. Everyone here has a least one angel they think is sexy, and therefore VS is doing their job correct in picking them!

Last edited by breebee; 07-11-2011 at 12:10 PM.

07-11-2011
V.I.P.

^^I can't agree more

BTW I believe the brown haired missing girl on the casting board to id (at the corner)...is actually Jessica Clarke and not Anna J
so don't get your hopes up

07-11-2011
front row

I'm happy that Nicki Minaj will be performing! Her music will fit the PINK segment well.

07-11-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightclubbing View Post
^^ I haven't seen any of Ale's looks, I'm also curious about what looks Erin has as well.
I'm also wondering about Erin's outfits. She did a good job opening her segment last year, so hopefully she gets another opportunity this year. I can see her opening the "I Put A Spell On You" segment since I believe she said she had larger wings this year. I also hope that's Erin coming out in the second spot in the opening segment. To have Candice - Erin - Lily - Old Angel - Chanel so prominently at the beginning of the show would be major. If it hasn't already been made evident by the advertising and promotion of the new angels, then that would be the official annointing of the new era.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, 2011, fashion, post, posting, secret, victoria