How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

10-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Dale View Post
I'm not talking about Karlie being the new Gisele or replacing Gisele or whatever. The biggest thing VS ever had on their roster of angels was Gisele. Forget Heidi, Tyra, or whoever with their pointy fingers and bouncy flouncy waving. Gisele was another category. Not necessarily a better or worse category, but a different category. She had grace, elegance, sex and knew how to switch the flirtiness on and off at the right moments. What I can judge from Karlie's pictures and the energy she is giving in them, she could develop into the next girl that has all those qualities. A combination of qualities that neither of the current Angels have. They're just flirty and sexy, which works fine for them. I'm not saying that she's battling Gisele or the other veterans right now, but Karlie's potential is just so obvious. It's up to VS to milk that cow and make it happen.

Oh and I am not talking about her leading the Pink army in the future...I'm talking about the entire Angel army :p If VS does it right.
she has a look that as of right now VS still needs. the new angeles.Candice,erin,chanel,lily,lindsay.
3 blondes. Lily will be out in 2 yrs if not sooner. chanel will b out too.
soo from the Blondes i think only Candice will Survive. chanel n lily will go soon.
n Karlie cann be the brunette one one, n they will just need another black angel.

so as i see it is CANDICE,KARLIE,______(BLACK ANGEL) AS THE future of VS.

10-11-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockangel View Post
I don't excited about the show anymore ... the music SUCKS!
So do i !

10-11-2011
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonsoJonathan View Post
she has a look that as of right now VS still needs. the new angeles.Candice,erin,chanel,lily,lindsay.
3 blondes. Lily will be out in 2 yrs if not sooner. chanel will b out too.
soo from the Blondes i think only Candice will Survive. chanel n lily will go soon.
n Karlie cann be the brunette one one, n they will just need another black angel.

so as i see it is CANDICE,KARLIE,______(BLACK ANGEL) AS THE future of VS.
really?

Anyhow, isn't Behati still with them?

10-11-2011
fashion icon

Quote:
I'm not talking about Karlie being the new Gisele or replacing Gisele or whatever. The biggest thing VS ever had on their roster of angels was Gisele. Forget Heidi, Tyra, or whoever with their pointy fingers and bouncy flouncy waving. Gisele was another category. Not necessarily a better or worse category, but a different category. She had grace, elegance, sex and knew how to switch the flirtiness on and off at the right moments. What I can judge from Karlie's pictures and the energy she is giving in them, she could develop into the next girl that has all those qualities. A combination of qualities that neither of the current Angels have. They're just flirty and sexy, which works fine for them. I'm not saying that she's battling Gisele or the other veterans right now, but Karlie's potential is just so obvious. It's up to VS to milk that cow and make it happen.

Oh and I am not talking about her leading the Pink army in the future...I'm talking about the entire Angel army :p If VS does it right.
I agree, VS Manage her right she would be something really special to the brand. She is only 19-20, she is only young. She has the whole package. Perfect spokesmodel, genuine personality, tall, good body, and fantastic walk. Plus there are a lot of teenage girls who look up to Karlie. That video of her walking and posing in front of Kanye, shows the girl has starpower.

She will never be Heidi, Tyra, Gisele, Adriana. She will be Karlie :p

10-11-2011
V.I.P.

And here I am with Jay-Z (@JayZ) last night. He surprised everyone by singing at the show with Kanye West. I was so glad to meet both him and Beyoncé...they are such lovely people. We will see each other again soon!

Love,
Adriana

Adriana's fbpage

10-11-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purpledinosaurxo View Post
She will never be Heidi, Tyra, Gisele, Adriana. She will be Karlie :p
THANK YOU

i don't expect her to be the next anything. she can stand on her own regardless of your opinion of her. she was the most successful model of last year IIRC, and even if she doesn't do anything else with VS...i don't think she'll have anything to worry about.

anyway, she looks fantastic. perfect for pink, such long lovely legs. so many girls classing it up with their presence alone...Anais, Sui, Liu, Constance, Toni, Lily D, Bregje....even if everything else about the show is bad, this is one of the best casts of new girls i could hope for, so i'm happy.

10-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:

Think Karlie has a prettier face than Gisele

10-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillianS View Post
really?

Anyhow, isn't Behati still with them?

well they need a black angel,there ahs always been one.
i just hope this time they dont rush like they did with chanel.

hope they give us a GOOD ONE

Lias,Joan in fact all the balck girlrs that were in the show were GORGEOUS even tough i dont really now all of their names

10-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonsoJonathan View Post
well they need a black angel,there ahs always been one.
i just hope this time they dont rush like they did with chanel.

hope they give us a GOOD ONE

Lias,Joan in fact all the balck girlrs that were in the show were GORGEOUS even tough i dont really now all of their names
What about Emanuela as their 'black angel'
I think she's stunning and has a fab body...with actual bum and boobs...
I hate how she only got one outfit

She looked amazing last yr too:

image from bellazon

10-11-2011
V.I.P.

Youtube.com/mariejoelleparent

10-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanessaxox View Post
What about Emanuela as their 'black angel'
I think she's stunning and has a fab body...with actual bum and boobs...
I hate how she only got one outfit

She looked amazing last yr too:

image from bellazon
PERFECT! i give her the GREEN LIGHT

Last edited by saann; 10-11-2011 at 07:51 PM. Reason: DON'T QUOTE PICTURES

10-11-2011
front row

Oh goooooosh, it took me HOURS to read all the threads/posts, hahaha. But here I am.

Anyway. I don't really know what to expect of the show... I'll save my comments for after I see it. Actually, I'm not really raising my expectations - I expect it to be in the same level as the 2008-2010 shows: not that flattering.

The outfits... Well, not as nice as they've been, but that's exactly what we got for the past few years. At least, the cast was GREAT. I really loved Joan Smalls and Shanina Shaik! They were awesome additions IMO. I actually see a future for Shanina with VS, she has the looks. I also liked Toni, Karmen, Bregje (?) and Lily D! OMG, now I get the appeal from Lily, she looked really great! What I don't get is all this hype around Karlie :/ She's definitely not one of my favorites, but after all these 3 outfits/closing the show thing I can see her getting a huge contract with VS and even becoming an angel in a near future. Not nice. Or maybe I'm wrong and she'll surprise me if that really happens. But no, not at all, she's not the next Gisele in ANY way. Gisele is a goddess, the biggest model from Brazil not to say from the whole world.

10-11-2011
fashion insider

I adore Emanuela!
Honestly a variety of girls would be awesome. They are so predictable right now.

....A severely pale redhead! No fake tan!

10-11-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillianS View Post
I have to say she looked much better in motion than in the still photos. Mostly because she is such an amazing catwalker!
Awww, please, I should see the video with Karlie walking!..

10-11-2011
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlgaMaria View Post
Also they became kinda lazy with the set design and music (2005 and 2006 remixes still give me so much life).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie02 View Post
This show had so much potential with the outfits, then they go ruin it with all that music. The preview made my ears bleed. The VS Show is becoming so lazy. The music producer is hired for a reason, and he/she should be making remixes. They really need to fire the music producer.
Here's the thing, the same guy who did those remixes in 03 and 05 is the same guy who's working today.

The ideas for the music changed when Hamish and Co. got rid of Alex de Betak and their group. Alex has a great eye for music even though he's a fashion director. Once he left, those ideas went with him.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, 2011, fashion, post, posting, secret, victoria