How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

13-11-2011
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by damore View Post
Am I the only one that missed the photo ops they usually do before the show? I would've loved if they even did one with the Angels and not the whole cast. Also, I haven't seen ANY photos of Erin backstage save for the ones of her doing her make up. I'm kind of bummed.
i totally agree - i feel like photographers and companies must be hoarding all of my favorite models pre-show photos this year.

13-11-2011
tfs star

Taking my "fan" out of the equation of Adriana, Candice just isn't a good option for opening. She just doesn't have the pow that is needed. It was okay, but I found myself after watching Adriana come out with Kanye almost forgetting the entire first segment. Sure, Adriana doesn't open it subtly like Gisele did but both have their own style of opening and BOTH work, but for the public CBS and VS is catering to Adriana seems to be a better fit. Alessandra would have even been better, while I don't feel like she has the presence to open the show she at least has the star power and history with the company. My guess is next year Adriana will be their opener once again, because part of me tells me this was a trial run on Candice's part and while she seems to do no wrong with the company part of me tells me she was given this because rightfully they couldn't have Adriana open the show three years in a row (the shows she was in 2007,2008, and 2010) Candice has a great walk, as does Ale but both don't have the BANG they need for a show opening like this.

13-11-2011
V.I.P.

i'm not really a fan of Adriana's style of runway in general (arms flapping, winking, big faces, etc) - but i can't deny that she really does energize the place during the opening. she does a great job of getting everyone excited and starting the show off with a *bang*. and she's without question the biggest star that VS has right now. so it wouldn't surprise me to see her open again next year.

13-11-2011
backstage pass

Clearly! from the few videos we saw, the opening should clearly have been done by Adriana!
and I don't understand the first segment at all: opening the show with a ballet segment? opening with Candice? followed by Anja and Lily? Why?

14-11-2011
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoutureChic View Post
They still use that. It's broken glass made to look like glitter...they use it every year.

Also about Adriana, yes it was stated by several people backstage and interviewers she apologized for having a cold and losing her voice.
I don't recall them using broken glass in 03-07. If they were the case, Natasha would have cut her feet up in 05 and KK would have ruined hers as well in 06.

Heidi said that they were using just very thick amounts of glitter when she was doing the show. If it was glass back then, I'm sure she would have said so. Or at least I hope she would. Ouch.

14-11-2011
tfs star

The production team uses it every time, they've stated it. It's ground up very well, and the girls have shown their feet cut up several times. Plus you figure if it's ground up enough to be a glitter AND glass concoction like they use there are only going to be a few pieces that aren't small enough...

14-11-2011
tfs star

I LOVED Natasha's appearances at the VSFS shows!!!, plus she went in the best years 2005/2006

14-11-2011
V.I.P.

Was this posted already?:

Just in case it didn't embed. I can't tell: http://vimeo.com/31988619

Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by vivaglam; 14-11-2011 at 02:28 AM.

14-11-2011
Looking Up

^ From that video, Karlie's smile looks really fake. She gives a giant smile, then just retracts it in a millisecond.
Meanwhile, Joan... DAAAAAAAAAMN! That chick has got it goin' ON!

14-11-2011
V.I.P.

for me in that vid, ALL the forerunner-girls have more charisma and have a more natural appearance than Karlie - sorry, I do not like her entrance in the direct comparison -

14-11-2011
tfs star

I like that Joan changed her walk for the show

14-11-2011
front row

I like the song and segment. Wish they'd opened with this. Ballet seems cute, but this one's more fun, and the outfits are stunning. I'm a sucker for these segments where the girls look like ethereal angels. Constance's walk and body -- yowza. I'm impressed. Hope she comes back next year and gets more outfits. Wish Flavia could've been on this segment. She was glorious during Heavenly Bodies last year. Miranda looks beautiful, and I have to admit that Anne V. and the guy were cute. Lots of energy with her and a body to match. I'm surprised she's not angel. Really liked Joan, too. Great walk, pose, and smile.

14-11-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squizree View Post
^ From that video, Karlie's smile looks really fake. She gives a giant smile, then just retracts it in a millisecond.
Meanwhile, Joan... DAAAAAAAAAMN! That chick has got it goin' ON!
Retracts it into...another smile? Just not as toothy.

Joan does look great tho, and Constance looked amazing.

14-11-2011
front row

nobody seems to mention how amazing Maryna Linchuk looks, she's got such a great sexy walk.

14-11-2011
tfs star

I gotta say that I LOVE the fact they have fans at the end of the runway this year. It'll make for some really fierce head shots and slow-mos (not too many hopefully!) during the final airing. Plus I feel like it makes the poses more powerful and 'come to life'.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#5, 2011, fashion, post, posting, secret, victoria