How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

14-11-2011
front row

^interesting,thanks!

14-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Karlie next year: fantasy bra + open + close
Quote:
If Karlie were to ever get the FB, Alessandra would need to get it first.
[Sigh], sometimes I accept that Ale will not get the fantasy bra and other times I have hope. I am currently in a hopeful phase. I think that next year Ale should get it (and maybe even open the show with it) and after that pass the torch to Candice, Erin, Karlie (maybe) and the rest. I am certainly not saying that Ale (and Adri) should retire / hang up their wings, but VS has been going through a transition for some time now and I hope that VS does that one last thing before letting the young'uns officially take over.

Last edited by agee; 14-11-2011 at 08:40 AM.

14-11-2011
fashion icon

Wow, Joan really commands attention in that video, doesn't she? Someone is going have to replace Adriana & Allesandra at some point, and I think Joan & Candice would be their best successors. I think Joan pulled off the long extensions better than most of the girls innthat segment, too.

14-11-2011
tfs star

Can anyone put the video for download? Since I got a mac, I don't know how to do anything anymore.
What I noticed from the video was that the majority of the attendees were looking at Maroon 5, not the models.

14-11-2011
trendsetter

Frankly, I don't think Candice can be a good replacement for Adriana or Alessandra.

Candice might have a great body, and heaven knows she's got the best his to waist ratio, but she's not got the presence or energy of Adriana or the height of Alessandra.

Candice opening the show was one of the weakest points this year. She was simply overwhelmed by her costume/wings etc. She looked tiny and didn't have much of a presence on the runway. Contrast that to Adriana's and Candice comes a cropper. Candice is good for print work, but she isn't the most memorable angel on the runway.

But VS have been promoting Candice more than their other angels, and it does appear as though she might be Adriana/Alessandra's successor. I thought Rosie was perfect for the brand - she had a stonking good body and wasn't so narrowly built to be overshadowed by those gargantuan wings and the various other fripperies the girls are required to sport. It's a pity she chose to opt out. I really don't see her making a mark for herself in films anytime soon, and also do not believe that doing VS is in any way a bit of an infra-dig. It would've garnered her a lot of attention and it's a good way of being in the news, even when nothing seems to be happening in her career. If she does manage to establish herself as an actress, then she very obviously can c0ck a snook at VS, but that looks very unlikely to happen.

Last edited by pavonine; 14-11-2011 at 11:42 AM.

14-11-2011
V.I.P.

Joan Smalls Gorgeous!!!
nice she change her walk n it looks really good!

Constace wow her body,her walk! really she fit those great VS years!

Karlie doesnt not look as good as the other segment,but i bet she will look better than she does in this video.

So i guess Maryna is the new jessica stam,getting the worse outfits

14-11-2011
tfs star

Another view of the finale
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN-z3DZ07wg

14-11-2011
fashion icon

Can't wait for the Angels singing Moves like Jagger ! Last year's Firework was a-mazin-g!!

14-11-2011
front row

I'm hoping VS doesn't sign Karlie, i honestly don't see what she could bring to the table & i don't think she fits the brand at all, here's hoping they don't go crazy over her, & if they do i hope she gets signed just for Pink because i might day if i see her doing the mainline

However, Joan is a whole different thing, i think she is perfect for VS, amazing body, fierce walk, she would be perfect for the mainline & i have to say that the fact that she is latin makes me go in her favor too, I've been wanting VS to get a latin-not Brazilian girl for a while & it would make a lot of sense now that VS is opening stores in the Caribbean & South America

14-11-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLimaVzla View Post
i honestly don't see what she could bring to the table & i don't think she fits the brand at all
I agree with you on this one, but sadly it's VS bosses (and not us ) who chose which girls fit the brand and which do not. And I personally don't understand their logics, I think they're gone the wrong way, exchanging girls of Karen Mulder and Heidi type to ones like Karlie and Caroline BN (Seems like they aren't afraid of loosing a significant part of male spectators.)

Karlie's body may be amazing for HF, but the lingerie brand?!... I prefer to see curvier women...

14-11-2011
V.I.P.

VS currently has 10 angels on its roster, I can see them adding maybe one person if they really want to snatch her up and they are afraid that she will get away, and like it or not, Karlie seems to be the one that they are most interested in. I don't see them doing too much adding on until they clean house of the existing roster. I don't give a doggone how awesome you are on the runway, VS does not give three outfits to a model, let her close a segment and close the show if one, she is not already an Angel (or close to being one), and they are trying to promote her and give her visibility, or at worst, they are trying to woo her to the company and are giving her a taste of what its like to be an Angel to see if she and her management are interested and can handle the gig, but the more I think about it, Karlie is already an Angel or is thisclose to being one.

I don't get the sense that VS is desperately interested in Joan, I think that the best thing that she has to offer that they may not already have enough of is that she is a Spanish speaking Latina. I would never say never, provided that she is even free to be signed by VS (and willing to change her name back to Rodriguez :p), but I just don't think that they are chomping at the bit for Joan, perhaps because they are already heavily using two doppelgangers of hers: Lais and Gracie.

14-11-2011
backstage pass

I really love Joan Smalls in VSFS, she look so flirty cute with her smiles on rather than her usual angry look in runway shows.
Constance look alil boring to me, and her outfit always remind me of Givenchy HC FW2010 collection. =/

14-11-2011
V.I.P.

14-11-2011
fashion icon

Oh God, please!! VS is going down with Karlie as an Angel .. She is not beautiful, has no charm or anything else

14-11-2011
fashion icon

I get that Joan hasn't been heavily used for VS, but after this show, I think they've got their eye on her now. I mean, who would have thought she would look THAT good? Plus, they haven't even let Joan model their sexy lingerie in catalogues, yet. I think they are beginning to see her VS potential now.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#5, 2011, fashion, post, posting, secret, victoria