How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

14-11-2011
V.I.P.

14-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agee View Post
VS currently has 10 angels on its roster, I can see them adding maybe one person if they really want to snatch her up and they are afraid that she will get away, and like it or not, Karlie seems to be the one that they are most interested in. I don't see them doing too much adding on until they clean house of the existing roster. I don't give a doggone how awesome you are on the runway, VS does not give three outfits to a model, let her close a segment and close the show if one, she is not already an Angel (or close to being one), and they are trying to promote her and give her visibility, or at worst, they are trying to woo her to the company and are giving her a taste of what its like to be an Angel to see if she and her management are interested and can handle the gig, but the more I think about it, Karlie is already an Angel or is thisclose to being one.

I don't get the sense that VS is desperately interested in Joan, I think that the best thing that she has to offer that they may not already have enough of is that she is a Spanish speaking Latina. I would never say never, provided that she is even free to be signed by VS (and willing to change her name back to Rodriguez :p), but I just don't think that they are chomping at the bit for Joan, perhaps because they are already heavily using two doppelgangers of hers: Lais and Gracie.
well i dont think many of them are lasting for much longer specially with the new girls Lindsay,behati n chanel .(who didnt really had that much do in the show this yr
i dont see Candice n Erin going any where soon. along with the Main Angels n Karlie( yes Karlie) they were the main girls in the show
n lily well im not sure about her. i whish she go but i dont know,i just hope what happen to Marissa happen to her too

n the "Main Angels" who knows! but yeah Joan should be an Angel ASAP!

14-11-2011
V.I.P.

BTW i feel the Opening line up was REALLY weak!!!

14-11-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by valliaddict View Post
I get that Joan hasn't been heavily used for VS, but after this show, I think they've got their eye on her now.
If that's the case, then they have their eye on more than 20 different models. Joan doesn't scream frontrunner for angel status to me, not the way Karlie does.

14-11-2011
front row

Funny how some people complain that Chanel or Lindsay are not curvy or womanly enough, but loooove Karlie. Hypocrites much?

14-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibizahippie View Post
Funny how some people complain that Chanel or Lindsay are not curvy or womanly enough, but loooove Karlie. Hypocrites much?
well Lindsay n chanel do NOT have the charisma that Karlie has.
or the Walk.
or the Presence.

if you do not have the body for VS at least those thing can help you,but if u dont have the body or any of those things then WTF are u doing?

n Karlie is a top model everyone love her.

14-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonsoJonathan View Post
well i dont think many of them are lasting for much longer specially with the new girls Lindsay,behati n chanel .(who didnt really had that much do in the show this yr
i dont see Candice n Erin going any where soon. along with the Main Angels n Karlie( yes Karlie) they were the main girls in the show
n lily well im not sure about her. i whish she go but i dont know,i just hope what happen to Marissa happen to her too

n the "Main Angels" who knows! but yeah Joan should be an Angel ASAP!
I stated that VS may be cleaning house in my previous post and that they will probably not add too many until they've trimmed. Here's the thing, being a main girl in the show is an indicator (also being the main girl in the show has a lot to do with how you are edited for the broadcast show, and in addition to outfits a model gets, there's also how many soundbites, and does she get a lot of camera shots on the runway and backstage, etc.), however how VS uses a model in print is even more important and as I've mentioned before (with corrections from tlg00) their main print girls are Candice and then Erin, and then Lily, Lindsay and Ale. Adriana, Candice, Erin, Lily and Lindsay seem to get the commercials and Chanel makes appearances for PINK and unless Chanel has done something to irk TPTB, I don't think that she will be replaced for PINK any time soon, they may add someone to PINK but they need time to get experience as a PINK spokesmodel. IMO the vulnerable ones are Behati, Doutzen and maybe Miranda.

14-11-2011
V.I.P.

^Behati said she wasn't going anywhere today on her Twitter. She must read here.
Posted via Mobile Device

14-11-2011
trendsetter

I really don't see Miranda or Doutzen going anywhere. They may not have been featured heavily in print - maybe partly due to the fact that they took months off to have their babies - but they are much bigger stars than Lily or Erin or Lindsay.

Miranda is arguably the most famous angel, at par with Adriana. She's also famous outside the fashion and lingerie world, if you know I mean. Candice may be a wonderful model, but Miranda is streets ahead of her as far as popularity goes.

And Doutzen is incredibly famous in Europe, and she's certainly a household name in the Netherlands, if I'm not very much mistaken. She's also very well suited for VS - she's arguably the most beautiful angel around. After Rosie's departure, I just can't see VS dropping two of their four most famous angels anytime soon.

14-11-2011
trendsetter

For someone like Miranda I don't see it as VS dropping her, but her parting from the company to do her own thing.

14-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaglam View Post
^Behati said she wasn't going anywhere today on her Twitter. She must read here.
Posted via Mobile Device

I am actually glad to hear that, I just wish they would use her more in print for both PINK and the mainline, and I really wish that they used her more for appearances, she has great energy and I like her interviews too. I like Doutzen too (she's so freaking gorgeous) for the same reasons that I noted for Behati, I run hot and cold on Miranda, I like her more as a personality and an entrepreneur than as a VS Angel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightclubbing View Post
For someone like Miranda I don't see it as VS dropping her, but her parting from the company to do her own thing.
Who knows but I am not too worried about Doutzen or Miranda because they both seem to have other good clients / projects lined up in addition to VS. Don't get me wrong VS is a great gig, probably the best, but I don't think that their babies are going to starve if they are no longer Angels.

Last edited by agee; 14-11-2011 at 03:53 PM.

14-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edita View Post
Oh God, please!! VS is going down with Karlie as an Angel .. She is not beautiful, has no charm or anything else
yeah, if she were to become an angel, she would ruined the sexy bombshell look vs has for its brand.

14-11-2011
tfs star

I think the best word to describe this year's show is RANDOM. Seriously, many things make absolutely no sense.

The first is Candice opening. Fine, she's their go-to girl and she is down right sexy, but she really struggles with giving off energy on the runway. I'm doubtful that she will open again next year. I feel like this is more of a trial like Adriana in VSFS 2003 rather than a staple. The theme of the first segment is so random too, as they normally open with high energy, sharp themes. This one seems rather slow and dreamy. Also, why would they cover Candice's body so much (with the exception of her ***) for the first look?! Candice's best feature is no doubt her hips and torso area, and they just happen to think it would be a good idea to cover it.

Also, WTF is with Anja coming out second, then Lily A?! Are they trying to first scare people with Anja's hollow face and then Lily's awkward walk and posing?! In all the previous shows, the first 3 or so models have always been either angels and/or models that are downright hot to the public. This time it's neither. I find it so strange how the first segment is so 'covering'. No torsos are shown. Isn't it supposed to be the 'hook' of the show?

WTF is up with the music too? Like the songs themselves are okay, but some of them are so random! Like for passion play one would expect upbeat Spanish music like the dangerous segment in VSFS 2008, but they play a pointless Rihanna song. Although I love the song Moves like Jagger, it's so random for an aquatic segment too. Although I have to hand it to them, the aquatic segment had PHENOMENAL outfits. Probably the best outfits since VSFS 2006.

Erin H opening PINK was very random too. It's like, why? Behati rarely does anything for VS outside from opening the PINK segment at the VSFS, why would they take that away? PINK is Behati's thing, and she does an amazing job with opening the segment.

The next is some of the model choices/outfit numbers. My mind is so boggled at how in the world Anja got 3 looks. IDK if it's apparent to the VS people, but the girl looks like a corpse in the face. I don't think I could show a guy (or a teenage girl for that matter) a picture of Anja this year at the show and have them say she's attractive. Her outfits should have been divided among girls who got 1 look. She got more looks than Chanel and Lily, who are 'angels'. Although I don't blame VS for just sticking them in the lame PINK segment and opening segment. I think it's obvious to VS that Lily and Chanel don't deliver on runway. Lily for her awkward walking/posing, Chanel for the fact that she's can't actually wear lingerie and look good. There were also many random castings for PINK this year. When you have models like Cintia Dicker, Marija Vujovic, Eniko, Jourdan Dunn, Michaela, Bianca Balti that attend castings, you can't dare cast CBN.

14-11-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaglam View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
atta girl behati!

14-11-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonsoJonathan View Post
well Lindsay n chanel do NOT have the charisma that Karlie has.
or the Walk.
or the Presence.

if you do not have the body for VS at least those thing can help you,but if u dont have the body or any of those things then WTF are u doing?

n Karlie is a top model everyone love her.
I agree on this one. Lindsay may be beautiful for someone else but she doesn't have the charisma! She is just a random girl who doesn't deserve to be an angel IMO. I think Constance, Joan, Shanina, Tori are more beautiful.. However, although i do not like Karlie, I would prefer to see her as an angel instead of Lindsay/Chanel

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#5, 2011, fashion, post, posting, secret, victoria