How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

14-11-2011
rising star

I love Behati, im glad she cleared that one up. If i was her though, id want to know why there giving me ugly outfits and only 2 ugly ones at that!

Im also really confused by this show too, i think the Opening segment should be swapped during editing. It should be the Super Hero segment first with Adriana opening and Kanye performing.

14-11-2011
V.I.P.

^LMAO Imagine if they did that.
Posted via Mobile Device

14-11-2011
rising star

It would make for a MUCH better show haha

14-11-2011
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKfan View Post
It would make for a MUCH better show haha
Remember, the world of editing is a beautiful thing.

I'm sure they'll splice the segment with all the energy of back stage.

I remember seeing raw footage of 2003 and 2005's show and it looked good, but the editing gave it more energy than was seen on the raw footage.

We'll see.

14-11-2011
tfs star

LOL If they did actually switch the segments in editing. It would be a huge slap in the face for Candice haha. But seriously, Adriana in that segment was effing fierce. That's a fashion show walk. Her body shape at the end of the runway was phenomenal too. Gah, I just wish they didn't pull her hair to the side on the runway. It looks slightly juvenile/high school haha.

Not that I'm complaining, but talk about a downgrade for Chanel. She went from 3 looks (2 wings, 1 was giant) last year, opening a segment with musical guest and closing the show. Now she only has two outfits, 1 barely counting as wings and is placed randomly in 2 segments haha. And is it just me, or does she ALWAYS get the worst outfits?! Her most decent look was from the Akon segment last year, which isn't saying much. Probably because they have to cover her up all the time.

Last edited by Gabriel29; 14-11-2011 at 07:31 PM.

14-11-2011
fashion icon

Here is an interview with Shanina Shaik talking about VSFS

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/the-morning-s...as-big-secret/

14-11-2011
front row

Why is everyone saying Karlie will be the star of the show? She got three outfits yeah but what if she gets 3 seconds of screentime? Before the show everyone was "Candice is opening, she's soooo going to be their maingirl this year" now everyone think it will be Karlie. Remember, VS & CBS will edit the s*** out the show. Just look at the 60sec preview VS itself released, it's basically their Angels & Anne/Adam.

This Karlie thing happened already with Emanuela, she was everywhere in 2008 even in their biggest campaign of the year & she didn't get signed. I wouldn't be surprised if VS is over Karlie in the next six months. As for new Angels, i think some contracts are going to be up in 2012 because if not bad the new girls Candice, Erin, Chanel & Lindsay all got signed in 2009 for three years so that leaves them all up for renewal in 2012 & i don't think VS will keep them all around. Lily has another whole year because she was signed in 2010. & i stick to what i said, if they get new girls they should get someone who actually brings someone new, not more of the same we already have (& we've already been complaining a lot about)

14-11-2011
tfs star

^You're right about them editing the show like crazy. But I think the difference with Karlie is, VS has gone out of their way to get her in their show. She didn't go to casting, they've gone on record saying they've BEEN waiting for her to turn 18 so she could be cast, and they gave her three looks, let her close one segment, then let her close the entire show.

VS is definitely interesting in Karlie. They're the ones who've publicly been hyping her up.

14-11-2011
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by á la Balenciaga View Post
yeah, if she were to become an angel, she would ruined the sexy bombshell look vs has for its brand.
Chanel already ruined it

14-11-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLimaVzla View Post
Lily has another whole year because she was signed in 2010.
Lily's barely been an angel for a year though. Based on a couple of interviews she's done, it sounds like she didn't become one until around the time she was placed on the site which was November 2010. The details of the contracts aren't public, but if she signed a three-year contract, then she might have closer to two years left.

I'm definitely pro-Karlie as an angel though. VS has started using her outside of pink, she got primo positioning at the show, and her look would fit in well with the rest of the new angel brigade. Plus, I'm always for signing more Americans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by á la Balenciaga View Post
she would ruined the sexy bombshell look vs has for its brand.
VS moved away from that as their primary focus years ago. I think any model who has "sexy bombshell" as her main thing might have difficulty getting signed by VS these days. I don't think it's a coincidence that when VS said they felt they were getting too sexy, some of the first angels dropped were Selita and Izabel. Marisa was gone the following year, and Emanuela's invisible angel status evaporated into thin air. I would describe all of them as the traditionally sexier type of model, and while it's not a bad thing, it is a look that VS seems to have moved away from for the most part. They still have their sexier product lines, but that style doesn't dominate the brand the way it used to.

14-11-2011
fashion elite

I just hope they switched Chanel Iman for Joan Smalls. But because of her estee lauder contract don't think that would be posible

BTW people !! wether you like it or not, Lindsay it's the total girl next door, she's extremely beautiful, maybe she's not as outgoing as other models, but i know if you put to a any man the picture of karlie and Lindsay, they would defenitely find more attractive Lindsay, so stop talking bad about her performance.

14-11-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewtee View Post
Retracts it into...another smile? Just not as toothy.

Joan does look great tho, and Constance looked amazing.
Yes her walked and Body

14-11-2011
V.I.P.

OMG I would first feel bad for Candice if they switched the opening segment, cause I like her. but then I'd laugh cause anybody who paid any attention to Candice's walk would've seen this coming a mile away.

She's a good walker, she's very graceful and soft - but she does not do over-the-top that's required for the opening walk. and between Ale in 2009 and Candice this year, no one's really done it better than Adriana and Gisele, who is a phenomenal walker and was royally fierce. Adriana is like the firecracker that gets the crowd going.

14-11-2011
tfs star

well VS is known to switch segments in the final edit..jussssst never the opening segment!

I guess it's a year for firsts? hahaha

14-11-2011
backstage pass

I really hope for Candice they don't do that. And Segment one has more Angels than the second one so with or without Adriana I don't think they will switch the segments... I really hope for Candice because that would hurt pretty bad...

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#5, 2011, fashion, post, posting, secret, victoria