How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

14-11-2011
trendsetter

I am surprised seeing Tanya at VSFS after party

guestofaguest

14-11-2011
fashion elite

Really Tanya ? That's such a great surprise, maybe they got consider her for any work. Who knows ?

14-11-2011
trendsetter

I know, I was shocked when I was looking at the pictures. I was like she looks familiar, and then I saw she was credited as Tanya Dee. Just never really expected her to turn up anywhere near VS, but so glad she did. She would be perfect for Pink.

Last edited by Sam12; 14-11-2011 at 09:26 PM.

14-11-2011
V.I.P.

14-11-2011
tfs star

so basically they have strobe lights at the end of the runway to make it look like photographers flashes or were those real photogs at the rehearsal?

14-11-2011
fashion elite

14-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littleathquakes View Post
OMG I would first feel bad for Candice if they switched the opening segment, cause I like her. but then I'd laugh cause anybody who paid any attention to Candice's walk would've seen this coming a mile away.

That is why I hope that they don't change it because it was so obvious that it was going to play out this way. I just wonder if VS / the production team knows what will captivate the audience (or not lose the audience) because I am also struck at how they also loaded the opening segment with pretty newbies in addition to the Angels, they seemed to favor pretty over power, not that there was not power / charisma in the segment like Doutzen, Ale, Miranda and dare I say Chanel, but it was not merely that Candice opened but that the overall segment was a departure from previous openings. From what I have seen thus far, I like the segment and also think that the music was the best of the non-performance selections, but it represents a different type of show opener for the VSFS.

Last edited by agee; 14-11-2011 at 10:41 PM.

14-11-2011
V.I.P.

I just watched that Swarovski film and I <3 those wings that Ale wore in the Passion segment even more, the details are spectacular, a true work of art! I was not surprised when the designer said that it was the best piece that she has ever made.

stylebistro

Re Karlie not living up to VS' bombshell legacy, I think that she does:

trendhunter

14-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrllaless View Post
^You're right about them editing the show like crazy. But I think the difference with Karlie is, VS has gone out of their way to get her in their show. She didn't go to casting, they've gone on record saying they've BEEN waiting for her to turn 18 so she could be cast, and they gave her three looks, let her close one segment, then let her close the entire show.

VS is definitely interesting in Karlie. They're the ones who've publicly been hyping her up.
Bregje was hyped up just as much, in fact last year they wanted her probably even more, Karlie is just more known to the general public because she is everywhere.

I actually had hopes before her sudden disappearance from this year's show that Magdalena has potential to be an angel. Her personality and the way she speaks (gives better interviews than most of these girls) is perfect. Plus she has been al over the PINK stores and sections in the NY

I honestly think Karlie is just a tactic to make VS seem as though they can be seen as high fashion as well. Look at their line up this year... CBN and they are only holding on to Anja because the VS woman is every kind of woman

I think everyone is mistaking no personality for lack of intelligence. Let's be honest, we have all watched FashionTV interviews and the girls who give the best interviews are usually the most intelligent ones. When someone is self concious about their intelligence or sounding stupid, they will tend to give interviews that have no substance and aren't memorable. Chanel and Lily fall right under this category. Nothing kills me more than someone who can't speak in front of a camera. Edita, Magdalena, Maryna, and Lais are my next angel frontrunners

14-11-2011
fashion elite

^^I'm still not seeing it with Karlie. She looks beautiful, but not VS beautiful. She looks more like a Lauren Bacall-esque fashion model. Jer beauty is regal, but not sexy to me. Just my opinion.

14-11-2011
tfs star

yeah Ale's wings are without a doubt the best wings at this years VSFS or dare to say in the past couple of years!

14-11-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREVOFASHIONISTO View Post
Lais are my next angel frontrunners
I agree with this. She has the right mix of playful/sexy that the Angels of the past had. And they've been using her a lot lately in print work, she made the holiday commercial, and is all over the website.

I'm not even totally sure yet if I think Karlie will be a great fit for the brand, I just think at this point VS is heavily interested. I can't recall recently, a new model (and such a well known model) to the show receiving so much attention (and granted, my memory is not the best, LOL, so if anyone can remind me, LOL).

Vogue.com covered her and Joan for their website. Other fashion outlets have given coverage to it. Whether Karlie for VS pans out in the end, this year's show was at the very least, a test run.

14-11-2011
backstage pass

those wings were absolutely stunning

15-11-2011
Looking Up

So when will the full video be available?

15-11-2011
tfs star

Is it just me or anybody else dissappointed by the wings this year? Most of them don't look really well structured.. Lindsay E. and Erin H. wings looked so.. Floppy? in that video.. Like they were going to break any minute.. And anybody else notice that all of the wings that light up from the Pink section all had wires sticking out of them and stuff.. And then Erin's wing mishap already.. I don't know.. Seems all weird how they hype them and then only maybe like three are actually beautiful..

Can anybody make a list of all the girls that made it this year and how many outfits they got? And wings if applicable.. Thanks!

And Karlie would make a great spokes person for VS in my opinion.. She's a sweet girl with a sweet personality that just entraces you.. People just need to accept that the girl has a toothy smile, which, in my opinion, is a great smile! Not like she has Lindsey Wixson's smile..

And yes, Brigje was also highlightes as one of the girls to watch this year, but nobody really hyped her.. Anywhere.. Yet, Karlie was all the talks for a while now to be in the show since she's been doing work for them.. And more work is coming out from her for VS as well because I think it was like a month ago that Terry (I think) said something about shooting her and Magdalena for the site..

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#5, 2011, fashion, post, posting, secret, victoria