How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

13-11-2011
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKfan View Post
I think the 2006 set was the biggest set they ever had.

Maybe 2009 beat it slightly but i THINK 2006 had the biggest set but she shortest runway...
2006's set (and 07s) wasn't as big as you'd think. It was shot in the Kodak theatre in Hollywood, and like all things in Hollywood, everything is not what is seems. The way that theater is set up, anything that's there seems huge and it really isn't.

2009 probably had the biggest set and seating venue, strange, like you said, it had the shortest and in my opinion, the most disappointing runway.

2008 had the longest runway. Even though it ran side to side like a traditional theater stage and not straight down like regular fashion runways, I was surprised that the girls didn't run out of breath walking it.

13-11-2011
tfs star

Yes 2006 and 2007's runway looked the same size but 2007 set took up a lot of space and was almost up against the runway so the girls literally walked out and they were on the runway. The 2006 set was farther back away from the runway so the girls got to walk a couple of paces before they set foot on the runway. Those little differences on top of others made the show (in my opinion).

I think the 2010 and 2011 sets beat the 2003 set.

But the 2005 set will remain my favorite. 2008's was nice too even though i hated the one sided view

13-11-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaglam View Post
I just realized Izabel basically got the same outfit this year as up there with the stripes.
YES!!! I was going to post this, but I felt like I already posted too many references back to previous shows

13-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zann View Post
that picture in post #78 of adriana and ale doing the heart thing is ADORABLE. I am glad that they are at the end of the runway.
Some have complained that the closing is too similar to last year but I don't mind because I like it very much especially Ale and Adri.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minimoon27 View Post
[Candice's opening] was ok, she lacks a bit of energy on the runway for my taste.
See that's why VS should've called me because I've been saying that about Candice for months. Candice is absolutely lovely and has been VS' go to girl for a while and I don't see that changing in the foreseeable future, but her VSFS walks are hit and miss because she runs out of steam and / or is too soft. Candice tends to be much better on the high fashion runways because the runways are not as long and they are less personality base. Nevertheless, from what I've seen, I agree with characterizing the opening as OK as opposed to bad, Candice is very, very pretty and the costume and production values are nice and I think that the song works as well, I think that was the best music choice for the segments that did not have a performer.

Quote:
Fluxxx: Izabel's last VSFS as an Angel was 07. In 2008 she wasn't included in the Angel opening credits. She might have been included in the 08 Esquire. I'm not sure though.
The VSFS occurs late in the year so she may have still been an angel when she shot Esquire.

ETA:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larek View Post
well we already know Erin's wing did not work it look so awkward... I hope it was only for 1 taping...
Yeah I don't know why that made the final cut of the preview videos that have been released.

Quote:
Did Joan also have a remote control? In that youtube video of the Superhero segment, She's walking down the catwalk, there is no cape, but when she is walk back, her cape appears.
Yeah I noticed that and thought that she must've had a remote control or rip cord of some sort. I always wondered how Ale pulled off the glitter last year, if you pay attention you see her pulling from the wing and her closed fists, but that barely noticeable and was still very well done.

Last edited by agee; 13-11-2011 at 03:21 AM.

13-11-2011
V.I.P.

yeah - from what it looks like, anyway, Candice's opening will be a bit lackluster to some years gone by.

so ... here's a question: which do you think were the strongest openings ever?

here are my Top 3:

3. Adriana in 2003 - the Batman music was epic, her walk was fierce, the costume was SO cool, the lighting was brilliant.

2. KK in 2001 - such a sexy outfit, first real introduction of KK to the VSFS, insanely sexy walk, so much presence. she just came out and strutted. all bouncy and curvy hips. and the pose at the end and turn-around. perfect!

1. Gisele in 2005 - the build-up, with the christmas box opening and the models standing there. that was sublime. and then Gisele just KILLED IT. so much swagger. love the fantasy bra opening. her hair, the colour of the outfit. everything was perfect.

i'll also add -- my favourite mini-segment opening was also in the 2003 show. and it's when Tyra comes out after that red-haired girl they were trying to make into something. the music kicks in, "it's almost over now, almost over now ... " then the song was spectacular. "Rockstar" by N.E.R.D and Tyra ... what a DIVA. omg. that walk is surreal. so much woman, know what i mean? and her fierce stare at the end! amazing.

13-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by breebee View Post
^What was the Poly/KK tragedy? Is it in a video somewhere?
Natasha:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUqhPj3ivOg

KK's overhyped. Yes she also lost the shoe and all but Natasha was first and handled it awesomely. I feel like "KKs case" is a bit staged after Natasha's original one.

13-11-2011
V.I.P.

Speaking of Natasha , she was truly amazing . She needs to come back

13-11-2011
V.I.P.

Add me to those loving the "Natasha loses her shoe" moment, it was far from tragic. I am not sure if KK losing her shoe was was tragic either, but KK did have a tragic moment in 2008 (I think) when she had some kind of wardrobe malfunction.

Last edited by agee; 13-11-2011 at 06:03 AM.

13-11-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by agee View Post
Add me to those loving the "Natasha loses her shoe" moment, it was far from tragic. I am not sure if KK losing her shoe was was tragic either, but KK did have a tragic moment in 2008 (I think) when she had some kind of wardrobe malfunction.
I was so annoyed with VS about that cos she didn't walk one of the tapings due to her outfit breaking but did walk the other and they didn't edit it into the final show that aired. I know it's drama and chaos which makes interesting tv but incorporating the backstage havoc and her good walk would've been better in the final cut.

And as for my all-time favorite opening walks: I agree with those who said Gisele in 2005 and KK in 2001. Wow.

I agree that Candice was flat and there was no pizazz in her opening walk (judging by the photos), but I don't think her outfit was a good decision to open the show. I just felt as though it didn't work well as the show-opener as it was soft and dreamy instead of sharp and crazy as we've seen in previous shows.
Posted via Mobile Device

13-11-2011
backstage pass

Adriana still the best!

13-11-2011
backstage pass

^agree.

13-11-2011
fashion elite

Agree, Natasha definetely needs to come back to VS, but i don't think it's in her plans for the moments.

13-11-2011
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by models_vlada View Post
I still can't see why is everyone so blown away with Karlie...
She has a nice strut.

13-11-2011
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycanadian View Post
yeah - from what it looks like, anyway, Candice's opening will be a bit lackluster to some years gone by.

so ... here's a question: which do you think were the strongest openings ever?

here are my Top 3:

3. Adriana in 2003 - the Batman music was epic, her walk was fierce, the costume was SO cool, the lighting was brilliant.

2. KK in 2001 - such a sexy outfit, first real introduction of KK to the VSFS, insanely sexy walk, so much presence. she just came out and strutted. all bouncy and curvy hips. and the pose at the end and turn-around. perfect!

1. Gisele in 2005 - the build-up, with the christmas box opening and the models standing there. that was sublime. and then Gisele just KILLED IT. so much swagger. love the fantasy bra opening. her hair, the colour of the outfit. everything was perfect.

i'll also add -- my favourite mini-segment opening was also in the 2003 show. and it's when Tyra comes out after that red-haired girl they were trying to make into something. the music kicks in, "it's almost over now, almost over now ... " then the song was spectacular. "Rockstar" by N.E.R.D and Tyra ... what a DIVA. omg. that walk is surreal. so much woman, know what i mean? and her fierce stare at the end! amazing.
Those are my favorite openings as well.

I truly do miss Gisele, Tyra and KK.

I remember KK opening the segment in 03 with the music of Bilitis and brought so much energy and it wasn't a big, frantic segment.

13-11-2011
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie02 View Post
I was so annoyed with VS about that cos she didn't walk one of the tapings due to her outfit breaking but did walk the other and they didn't edit it into the final show that aired. I know it's drama and chaos which makes interesting tv but incorporating the backstage havoc and her good walk would've been better in the final cut.
That 2008 show was a mess for KK. Didn't she cut her leg pretty bad in 2008 during rehearsals because, inexplicably, the producers of the show thought it was a good idea to use BROKEN GLASS on the runway instead of glitter?

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#5, 2011, fashion, post, posting, secret, victoria