How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-11-2013
front row

Jac will most probably be in the Pink section
Quote:
Monika Jac Jagaciak ‏@JacMonikaJac
There will be some OMG moment on runway this Wednesday. #literally #justwait
Quote:
Degen submitted knitwear samples covered in OMGs, emoticons and LOLs, which were a huge hit with the brass at Victoria's Secret.
http://www.cosmopolitan.com/celebrit...per-sexy-knits
The whole Pink section will be a horror. I can tell

13-11-2013
backstage pass

can you anybody post the outfit pictures we have so far?

13-11-2013
backstage pass

do you know when the show is being shot?
as I can remember they always shoot the show somewhat in november for better close-ups and stuff.. and on dec. 10th this year they do the live thing.

front row

Taping is tomorrow. There is never a live show. They do the show twice and film it, and then those two shows are edited together for broadcast on Dec. 10th.

13-11-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderTMugler View Post
Can we make a list of the segments and which models are in it from the previews... who else has hinted at specific sections?

British Invasion: Candice, Adriana, Karlie, Behati

Shipwrecked: Alessandra, Doutzen

Birds of Paradise: Alessandra, Izabel

Pink: Jessica H, Sara S,

Parisian Nights: Alessandra, Adriana

Snow Angels: Lindsay, Lily A, Adriana
Judging from this pic I'd say Constance, Ale, Karlie and Candice are also in "Snow Angels".

instagram/karliekloss

Edit: Doutzen's outfit we've seen from the fittings, is also for Snow Angels. So you can count her in as well.

Last edited by Fascination90; 13-11-2013 at 03:31 AM.
13-11-2013
rising star

Wow, Lily A may be awful on the runway but she's such a natural beauty. She looks gorgeous in that pic in what I'm assuming is minimal makeup.

And LOL at Karlie's legs coming up to Ale's waist!

13-11-2013
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by navyvelvetbowtie View Post
Isn't it sort of counter-productive to bring new girls that walk bad though? Specially If they'll end up editing most of their appearances, on the other hand Cara's presence was because of her hype and she is recognised to a certain extent on social media.
I think you answered your question. The pros of having Cara in the show outweigh the cons. She has a bad walk, the con is that they'll have to edit her, but on the pro side Cara's really popular right now.

The big key with VSFS is we can't forget it's a television show essentially. The network wants to make money, and they make that money from the ads they run at commercial breaks.

For whatever reason advertisers will pay the most money for shows that rate high with the 18-49 year old demo, the younger skewing within that demo, the better.

And Cara's probably the most well known model to those who are in that lower age range within the 18-49 demo.

I'm not saying Cara's on some household name status yet, but she's arguably the most well known model in the bunch of VSFS girls this year due to the amount of non fashion related media coverage she gets. Doesn't matter if it's tabloid coverage or gossip blog coverage, it makes her known to an audience who might not really pay attention to models.

13-11-2013
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrllaless View Post
I think you answered your question. The pros of having Cara in the show outweigh the cons. She has a bad walk, the con is that they'll have to edit her, but on the pro side Cara's really popular right now.

The big key with VSFS is we can't forget it's a television show essentially. The network wants to make money, and they make that money from the ads they run at commercial breaks.

For whatever reason advertisers will pay the most money for shows that rate high with the 18-49 year old demo, the younger skewing within that demo, the better.

And Cara's probably the most well known model to those who are in that lower age range within the 18-49 demo.

I'm not saying Cara's on some household name status yet, but she's arguably the most well known model in the bunch of VSFS girls this year due to the amount of non fashion related media coverage she gets. Doesn't matter if it's tabloid coverage or gossip blog coverage, it makes her known to an audience who might not really pay attention to models.
The exception is that Victoria's Secret isn't a TV show, it's an ad that happens to run for that whole hour. CBS will not make money from it, they will have a deal where VS runs their commercials in their channel on top of the hour and the VS show attracts a new audience to their stale demo. During that hour CBS will not care about other advertisers, they might schedule their state wide local ads that each state branch has landed and include VS on top of them.

Personally, VS would be better off in a different network, after Janet Jacksons nipple scandal at the Superbowl in 2004, the show has not been the same, that was the reason there was no show in 2004 and afterwards it's been edited like crazy.

13-11-2013
fashion elite

Miranda Kerr just happens to have a highly publicized trip out of the country on the day the VS show is taped and she sends all her love and kisses to the Angels via this photoshopped photo

vogue.com

mirandakerr.instagram

13-11-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fascination90 View Post
Judging from this pic I'd say Constance, Ale, Karlie and Candice are also in "Snow Angels".

instagram/karliekloss

Edit: Doutzen's outfit we've seen from the fittings, is also for Snow Angels. So you can count her in as well.
Those wings look more like they belong in the shipwrecked section

backstage pass

VS have been increasing in their commercial presence in the UK and Cara's inclusion makes a lot of sense in this context. She's close to a household name over here (at least with the 15-30 demographic which Pink targets) and her presence will definitely attract attention to the show in the British press. I wouldn't be surprised if some newspapers, especially 'less highbrow' publications, include a picture of Cara at the show come Thursday. This is good for VS' brand awareness in the UK, I think.

I'm unbelievably excited to see Jac (Monika) walk in the show! The cast looks really, really good this year although I do think that the 'main' Angels aren't diverse enough or representative of different beauty types at the moment. I'm also surprised that Bregje and Barbara Palvin haven't been included. Do we know why Barbara P isn't walking?

Wonder how they'll match up the music to the segments?

Last edited by mimirose; 13-11-2013 at 05:43 AM.
13-11-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightclubbing View Post
You mean Constance's? Yeah I thought so too, but her shoes look like they belong to "Snow Angels". Maybe she's in both segments...We'll see.

Btw at what time does the first show starts?

Edit: Ok, I found out myself. First show is at 4 pm, second at 8 pm

Last edited by Fascination90; 13-11-2013 at 06:21 AM.
13-11-2013
tfs star

Looking back at the casting video.. I wonder who the "girls that we definitely thought would be back are not" are..

13-11-2013
V.I.P.

Bregje and Shanina.. For example

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightclubbing View Post
Karlie and Ale's shoes are from Shipwrecked probably. Constance and Candice's are from Snow Angels.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, fashion, secret, victoria