How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
21-06-2006
  166
V.I.P.
 
eword's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: italia
Gender: femme
Posts: 3,624
hey, i don't want to insult anyone... (wrong icon!)
i don't understand why every time i say my opinion you guys get annoyed! discussion is an exchange of opinions, i listen to yours, i say mine.
and i could say that also yours is a typical comeback... we can't make anuy step this way.

i'm not saying that the supers were trash or low culture, it's that if you look at the entertainment information nowadays it's generally rubbish. that's a matter of fact.

i have some difficulties to understand you, guys, i must confess. :uns:

__________________
i used to have a blog on daria werbowy http://darialogist.wordpress.com
  Reply With Quote
 
21-06-2006
  167
fashion insider
 
Joseph26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by eword
the new girls don't want to get the media attention, it's different. they want to be anonymous cos being in the media. rubbish.
really, that's why they don't get American covers? aha, no way! it's very easy, they don't have another option, even if they want to get the media attention it is impossible!!!!

  Reply With Quote
21-06-2006
  168
V.I.P.
 
J'ador-DioR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: UK
Gender: femme
Posts: 6,489
The only true supermodel to me is Naomi. The rest from that era are just average to incredibly bad and boring models. Naomi has proven herself and is still doing what she does best. Non of the girls from her time have the appeal she has or even come close it!.

What I love about the current models is that they remain reserved and their public business is unknown which to me makes them that much more interesting!. I love the versatility of the current models and their ability to transform and mold themselves into whatever. I haven' t seen this in any model from the supermodel era aside from Naomi. The supermodels back then were became known to the public based who they were dating that certain week and not because of their abilities as true high fashion models.

__________________
"We should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once. And we should call every truth false which was not accompanied by at least one laugh"
  Reply With Quote
21-06-2006
  169
fashion insider
 
Joseph26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by eword
^ gentle as usual!

anyway, comparing the supers to micheal jackson is quite dangerous... since how he ended up... a hint to an excess of botox?

apart from kidding, the supers' era is definitely over. thanks to god.
i still love christy though. she's an evergreen icon.

Michael Jackson could be whatever you want but he's an icon of the 80's

POP HISTORY
80's = Michael Jackson and Madonna
90's = SUPERMODELS
00's = Paris Hilton, Olsen Twins, Lindsay Lohan, Britney .....

  Reply With Quote
21-06-2006
  170
V.I.P.
 
OMIFAN9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: USA
Gender: femme
Posts: 8,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by eword
hey, i don't want to insult anyone... (wrong icon!)
i don't understand why every time i say my opinion you guys get annoyed! discussion is an exchange of opinions, i listen to yours, i say mine.
and i could say that also yours is a typical comeback... we can't make anuy step this way.

i'm not saying that the supers were trash or low culture, it's that if you look at the entertainment information nowadays it's generally rubbish. that's a matter of fact.

i have some difficulties to understand you, guys, i must confess. :uns:
You are really getting upset aren't you? It's like you say these things that are bold and than when someone disagree's you say they're 'mad' or whatever. I'm not mad,we're exchanging our views. It's just somethings don't make commonsense and than one of us says something about it. You can make your point without having to try to bring down others. You know nothing of them these people personally only of what you hear. We're talking about work and longevity,not 'Well so and so' or 'this person doesn't want attention(or so you think)'. So don't get bothered of frustrated,were not Cindy and the gang have done their jobs to the fullest and are known.

__________________
eyes that hypnotize
  Reply With Quote
21-06-2006
  171
V.I.P.
 
eword's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: italia
Gender: femme
Posts: 3,624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph26
really, that's why they don't get American covers? aha, no way! it's very easy, they don't have another option, even if they want to get the media attention it is impossible!!!!
are you really so eager to get an extra-fashion cover? do you really measure the talent of a model counting the commercial covers? or even vogue, seen the starlets who got the cover recently. it must be a matter of mentality.
i don't know the names of the gossip mags in america, but me, i would be disgusted if daria caught some of the equivalent italians. or even vanity fair italy, seen who got it recently.

__________________
i used to have a blog on daria werbowy http://darialogist.wordpress.com
  Reply With Quote
21-06-2006
  172
V.I.P.
 
OMIFAN9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: USA
Gender: femme
Posts: 8,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by J'ador-DioR
The only true supermodel to me is Naomi. The rest from that era are just average to incredibly bad and boring models. Naomi has proven herself and is still doing what she does best. Non of the girls from her time have the appeal she has or even come close it!.

What I love about the current models is that they remain reserved and their public business is unknown which to me makes them that much more interesting!. I love the versatility of the current models and their ability to transform and mold themselves into whatever. I haven' t seen this in any model from the supermodel era aside from Naomi. The supermodels back then were became known to the public based who they were dating that certain week and not because of their abilities as true high fashion models.
You know I love you,and that's your opinion but they had lives yes but also were great models as well they could go fashion,commerical,speak to you or whatever. They produced a great era of work as well,everyone on down to the legendary photographers Scavullo,Ritts,Demarchelier,Lindbergh,Elgort,etc will tell you this. There was substance with the flair,now today you might just have some substance.

__________________
eyes that hypnotize

Last edited by OMIFAN9; 21-06-2006 at 01:39 PM.
  Reply With Quote
21-06-2006
  173
fashion insider
 
Joseph26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by J'ador-DioR
The supermodels back then were became known to the public based who they were dating that certain week and not because of their abilities as true high fashion models.
you are SO wrong, the Supermodel era was a movement, there was a man whose name was GIANNI VERSACE? do you know him? there were a roster of Superphotographers like Meisel, Ritts and Lindbergh, do you know them? and there was music videos in Mtv, Freedom 90, Wicked Game, In the Closet ..................... have you seen them?

J'ador-Dior, I strongly recommend you to buy some fashion history books, you need them.

  Reply With Quote
21-06-2006
  174
V.I.P.
 
eword's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: italia
Gender: femme
Posts: 3,624
well, it's difficult to talk about longevity about ppl who are 22-23!

anyway, i think that anyone reading these posts can easily understand who's got upset and aggressive.

__________________
i used to have a blog on daria werbowy http://darialogist.wordpress.com
  Reply With Quote
21-06-2006
  175
fashion insider
 
Joseph26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by J'ador-DioR
The supermodels back then were became known to the public based who they were dating that certain week and not because of their abilities as true high fashion models.
Isn't Linda Evangelista a true high fashion model? the best joke ever.

  Reply With Quote
21-06-2006
  176
V.I.P.
 
OMIFAN9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: USA
Gender: femme
Posts: 8,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by eword
it must be a matter of mentality.
There it goes, you might wanna leave you're just making our day, and seemingly getting more angry and confused as you go.
What a waste of time,you go all over the place to try to make a point.

__________________
eyes that hypnotize

Last edited by OMIFAN9; 21-06-2006 at 01:42 PM.
  Reply With Quote
21-06-2006
  177
V.I.P.
 
OMIFAN9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: USA
Gender: femme
Posts: 8,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph26
Isn't Linda Evangelista a true high fashion model? the best joke ever.
No Joe,not anymore that goes to rat,cm & e, now that deserves a laugh.

__________________
eyes that hypnotize
  Reply With Quote
21-06-2006
  178
fashion insider
 
Joseph26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by eword

anyway, i think that anyone reading these posts can easily understand who's got upset and aggressive.
I know it too, it's you!!!! you are so jealous and frustrated about Daria being nothing. sorry Eword, buy old Vogue magazines if you wanna have a Supermodel feeling in your life

  Reply With Quote
21-06-2006
  179
V.I.P.
 
eword's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: italia
Gender: femme
Posts: 3,624
^ your comment speaks about itself. no need to add anything.

and i've to go to the cinema. i'm going to see "top gun"... ops, i forgot! we are in 2006!

ps: i was referring to omifan, but i can add also joseph, since you're twins.

__________________
i used to have a blog on daria werbowy http://darialogist.wordpress.com

Last edited by eword; 21-06-2006 at 01:48 PM.
  Reply With Quote
21-06-2006
  180
V.I.P.
 
OMIFAN9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: USA
Gender: femme
Posts: 8,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by eword
we are in 2006!
Yeah,thanks for reminding us,so sad. Seriously E-word you need to relax,all this constant pulling out of just stuff from everywhere to try to make a point. Nothing has changed, but thanks for giving us a walk down memory lane with you pulling out Michael and Topgun and all. At least there is something to remember there,wonder what we'll say of this time since there isn't much to show for it with no mags,no attention,not alot/any admiration,etc.

__________________
eyes that hypnotize

Last edited by OMIFAN9; 21-06-2006 at 02:00 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
makes, supermodel
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:01 PM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. 2014 All rights reserved.