How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-06-2006
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by eword

and i've to go to the cinema. i'm going to see "top gun"... ops, i forgot! we are in 2006!
Top gun= Tom Cruise = Icon
Freedom 90 = Supermodels = Icon
nothing = Daria = nothing

21-06-2006
V.I.P.

It' s getting way off topic now

Back to "what makes a supermodel"!. Although that era is done and dusted . I think Karolina Kurkova is on her way to supermodel status. From the current top high fashion models Daria has the most potential followed by Isabeli Fontana!.

Seductress in Eden

I can say i am truely jealous of supermodels so maybe when i become truely jealous of a model shes well on her way

21-06-2006
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'ador-DioR
It' s getting way off topic now

Back to "what makes a supermodel"!. Although that era is done and dusted . I think Karolina Kurkova is on her way to supermodel status. From the current top high fashion models Daria has the most potential followed by Isabeli Fontana!.
Karolina is not a Supermodel, she was a Top Model 5 years ago, now she's a panties model, just like Tyra Banks.

The last girl with Supermodel status is GISELE, period.

21-06-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoni~Heiress
I can say i am truely jealous of supermodels so maybe when i become truely jealous of a model shes well on her way
You know it! BTW I love that avatar.

fashion insider

Quote:
the woman in your avatar is a real SUPERMODEL, it's great.

Last edited by Joseph26; 21-06-2006 at 01:19 PM.
21-06-2006
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMIFAN9
You know it! BTW I love that avatar.
we wrote almost the same at the same time, we really are cyber-twins.

21-06-2006
Seductress in Eden

omg i am a mixture of being jealous and weirdly in love which supermodels

21-06-2006
scenester

I think there are two ways to measure success. The first one, is: you can pay all of your bills by only modeling. The other is, do people know your name, or at least recognize you from a certain campaign?

21-06-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeUpJunkie
You arent going to change my opinion.

And I said my definition before, and there will never be another supermodel. At least another good one. Thats like calling Caprice a supermodel. A real modeling career does not mean that 99% of the time you are in your underwear.
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for saying that! Caprice is NOT a super, not even close. Most people don't know who she is.

I feel that "super" and "top" have different meanings nowadays. There was a time when super meant that your were a huge celebrity, and top just meant successful. I think that the definition of super is any model, male or female, that is a household name on a first name basis w/ doing all kinds of work, not just high fashion. And top, top is like gemma, paid like a super but not as famous. <<sigh>> I wish I had been old enough in the 90s to have remembered the super era. Hey, I heard someone once say that the times have swung the another style, but they are waiting for it to swing back. Does this mean a new supermodel era is at our finger tips????????!!!!!! Ahh, if God would be so kind....................

21-06-2006
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelbehavior228
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for saying that! Caprice is NOT a super, not even close. Most people don't know who she is.

I feel that "super" and "top" have different meanings nowadays. There was a time when super meant that your were a huge celebrity, and top just meant successful. I think that the definition of super is any model, male or female, that is a household name on a first name basis w/ doing all kinds of work, not just high fashion. And top, top is like gemma, paid like a super but not as famous. <<sigh>> I wish I had been old enough in the 90s to have remembered the super era. Hey, I heard someone once say that the times have swung the another style, but they are waiting for it to swing back. Does this mean a new supermodel era is at our finger tips????????!!!!!! Ahh, if God would be so kind....................
that's right, you know it, I feel so good when I read a smart comment like yours, KARMA 4 YOU.

21-06-2006
Seductress in Eden

do supermodel have to do nude photos

21-06-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph26
Karolina is not a Supermodel, she was a Top Model 5 years ago, now she's a panties model, just like Tyra Banks.
then why is she still getting international Vogue & W covers as well as recent edits in both US Vogue & Elle magazines? She's already done more high fashion work than any of her fellow Victoria's Secret models (aside from the ubiquitous Gisele, of course) and been photographed by every major photographer thats out there now. Plus, she's the only high fashion model (again, aside from Gisele) out right now with any sort of mainstream fame. perhaps she's not as "SUPER" as the girls from the early 90s, but NOBODY is, and her and Gisele are as close as it gets nowadays.

V.I.P.

Quote:
do supermodel have to do nude photos
Absolutely not, only if she wants to and it's done tastefully.

Seductress in Eden

I think Karolina is become more famous today... she seems different than 5 years ago...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
makes, supermodel