How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-03-2013
rising star

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valeria_Mazza

27-03-2013
rising star

Valeria did Zeki Triko too

27-03-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsession1990 View Post

fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsession1990 View Post
Are you her agent? You seem to be trying really hard to convince us of her relevance, when she barely has any. Hardly any of us die-hard model stanners have even heard of her....

Last edited by valliaddict; 27-03-2013 at 11:56 AM.
27-03-2013
V.I.P.

I have literally never head the name Valeria Mazza in my entire life, and I know of 14 year old Russian girls from the middle of Siberia who have never stepped foot on a runway in their lives.

27-03-2013
V.I.P.

Valeria Mazza was quite well-known back in the 90's, similarly as to how 'famous' models like Liu Wen and Constance Jablonksi are these days. Recognizable but definitely not household names. And certainly no supermodel status. I guess the fact that many of you don't know who she is is simply because you were too young when her career peaked. But had she been a real supermodel then people who follow fashion would still know her name now, so I definitely agree that she's no supermodel. But to be fair, icons like Kristen McMenamy, Guinevere van Seenus and Malgosia Bela who have also been working since the 90's probably also wouldn't be famous now if they weren't still working so much today. Valeria's career was fairly short-lived and very commercial, it absolutely doesn't compare to the careers of Naomi, Kate, Claudia et al.

27-03-2013
front row

WTF is any of this foolery!?!?!??

V.I.P.

TFS is also in a black hole, because most model fans have no clue about earlier models. That being said Valeria is not a supermodel.

27-03-2013
rising star

To be or not to be a supermodel IS A FACT. It's doesn't matter who agree or disagree. She's considered a supermodel by the industry, the media, etc. Deal with it! Face it! It's a fact.

27-03-2013
rising star

"From the hinterlands of Argentina to the spotlight of the catwalk, where she was quickly consecrated as one of the top supermodels of the 1990s, Valeria Mazza's charisma is still fully intact today"

Source:

www.vogue.it ( VOGUE, yes, VOGUE )

27-03-2013
fashion elite

I think Valeria's case is similar to Nadège Du Bospertus. Probably no one or few of you know her but she was very famous in the 80s/90s and now they're both well known in Italy, they just have been retired very early because of their family and now the young people don't know them but they were well known in the industry many years ago. With that said they are far from Naomi, Linda, Cindy, Claudia or Christy.

27-03-2013
front row

Guys, this is becoming a funny game. Valeria Mazza is an invention of Pancho Dotto, an controversial argentine manager. I was still living in Uruguay when this girl started her career. Is true, she did some outstanding works (Versace, some Vogue editorials, and good fashion shows), but is far far far to be a supermodel. That some media insist on considering her supermodel, does not mean she is (today even Bar Refaeli is considered one). I think we all agree that to be super a girl must have tons of campaigns (both high fashion and commercial), tons of shows, tons of editorials and covers of important magazines and finally make a big impact in the worldwide media. This is the path the original supers & Gisele followed.

Then there is another path: to be a Victoria´s Secret angel, but still do some high fashion. This is the case of Heidi, Adriana & Alessandra.

The day you can give the names of 10 class A campaigns, 10 class A covers and 10 extra outstanding works she has done, I'll consider Valeria Mazza as a super.

27-03-2013
backstage pass

I am not going to go into whether Valeria Mazza is a supermodel. If you're a fan of her, then she is a supermodel to you. If you're not, then she isn't.
But the fact that wikipedia would categorize her is hardly proof of anything. Yahoo just in the past week called Amanda Marcum, the wife of the coach of the Florida Gulf Coast men's basketball team, a supermodel. I think 99 percent of us would had never even hear of her much less believe she's a supermodel.
So just as Yahoo is not a legitimate source of who is and isn't a supermodel, neither is wikipedia.

27-03-2013
rising star

I really like Valeria, I love her beauty but I am not a FAN, I'm not that kind of person. I don't care if she has worked only for Bonjour Jeans or she has worked for Valentino, Gucci, D&G, etc... But she is a SuperModel, maybe one of the most unrrated of the elite (Claudia, Kate, Naomi, Cindy, Linda, Christy)

"So just as Yahoo is not a legitimate source of who is and isn't a supermodel, neither is wikipedia."

neither is VOGUE ?

Last edited by obsession1990; 27-03-2013 at 07:31 PM.
27-03-2013
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucaNatashaFan View Post
I think Valeria's case is similar to Nadège Du Bospertus. Probably no one or few of you know her but she was very famous in the 80s/90s and now they're both well known in Italy, they just have been retired very early because of their family and now the young people don't know them but they were well known in the industry many years ago. With that said they are far from Naomi, Linda, Cindy, Claudia or Christy.
I agree. She started very late (middle 90's) and retired very early (late 90's)

The BIG 5 started in late 80's...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
makes, supermodel