How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-03-2005
front row

Kashmir... I think you said what I was really trying to say... tabloid appeal. Although I think that a celebrity boyfriend is a common way that these girls gain public interest, it certainly can be other things, like drugs etc.

16-03-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHB
Lady, let me tell you that you're are soooooooooo wrong ,how old are you?, 15?.

Claudia Schiffer never did "hig fashion" uh? ,well, you don't know ANYTHING about fashion!, do you know how many VOGUE US covers Claudia Schiffer got? , I mean, it seems as if you really don't know who Claudia Schiffer and Cindy Crawford are and how they changed the fashion world forever, shame on you.
calm down, there's no need for personal attacks and I beg to differ, Kimkhuu does indeed know her fashion - there's no need to say otherwise just because you disagree with her on whether Claudia Schiffer fits the term 'supermodel'

JHB
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by scblonndie
^Kimhuhu knows her fashion!

But Claudia has done a little high fashion. She's just more known for her Guess work.
wait, wait, wait a second, the fact that you know Claudia Schiffer only because her Guess ads doesn't mean the rest of the people think at the same way.

Claudia Schiffer and Cindy Crawford were more than Supermodels, they were Pop Idols just like Madonna and Michael Jackson.

Claudia Schiffer was catwalking for every major haute couture brand, Chanel, Versace, Valentino........ she made everything, every magazine Cover, every ad, every runway, I really don't understand why you girls said that Claudia was not doing high fashion, it's annoying, lack of culture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffany
calm down, there's no need for personal attacks and I beg to differ, Kimkhuu does indeed know her fashion - there's no need to say otherwise just because you disagree with her on whether Claudia Schiffer fits the term 'supermodel'
where's the personal attack?, I didn't see it , and of course I disagree 'cause her opinion is out of reality, I mean, the beauty of a supermodel is relative, a person can say she's a beauty and another one can say the opposite, ok, that kind of "differences" are tolerable.

But don't say Claudia was not doing Hig Fashion cause that's ridiculous!

Last edited by JHB; 17-03-2005 at 12:37 AM.
17-03-2005
windowshopping

But why are only haute couture models can only be considered supermodels??? According to that Forbes article link, Tyra and Heidi are in the same ballpark as Gisele, but they can not be considered supermodels because they aren't high fashion/vogue girls??

A successful model is a successful model!!! And I didn't Daria in the top 5 and she's the it girl du jour.

17-03-2005
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimkhuu
I think the "real" supermodels are : Kate Moss, Naomi Campbell, Linda Evangelista and Gisele Bundchen.

The rest, I don't really consider supermodels, I mean, Shalom Harlow, Amber Valletta, Karen Elson, Eva Herzigova, Stella Tennant, Liya Kebede, Angela Lindvall all did high fashion, but they're not internationally known, they're far from being household names.

And then, Heidi Klum, Tyra Banks, Claudia Schiffer, Cindy Crawford..... Milla Jovovich, Adriana Lima, never really did "real" high fashion, so I can't really consider them Supermodels.

I don't know if you understand what I mean....
actually am not trying to attack or anything but quite frankly this list is a contradiction. eva h not mainstream? how about the bra ads!then milla, tyra and claudia not being high fashion i mean they were at the top of the high fashion game

back on topic i agree with the statement supermodel= hot body, massive sex appeal, commercial and some high fashion appeal, beauty, great hair, confidence and just star power!

ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

oh i forgot make tons of money and the world must know that you are making it.

trendsetter

To me the only supermodels are Naomi Campbell, Linda Evangelista, Christy Turlington and Kate Moss, maybe Cindy...

17-03-2005
windowshopping

Well, as immortalized in song by RuPaul, his list of supermodels are as follows:

linda=work mama ! naomi=she is fierce ! christy=foxy lady out of sight
cindy=i can feel it ! claudia=sell the garment ! nikki=work the runway, sweetie

17-03-2005
tfs star

But Claudia has done a little high fashion. She's just more known for her Guess work.[QUOTE]

Claudia is very very famous back in the 90's more famous than Gisele, LOL, I'm serious....

There was a time when Claudia is on every magazine editorials and covers of Vogue, Elle, Harper's Bazaar and Cosmopolitan back-to-back and month after month! People know Claudia because of her magazine saturation. Thats why she became a household name, She's in more than 700+ magazine covers to date........and she's famous more than Gisele will ever be.....seriously!

17-03-2005
tfs star

I love the Songs/artists that paid tribute to the Supermodels.....more notably, Ru Paul "Supermodel" and George Michael's "Freedom"

17-03-2005
JHB
rising star

[QUOTE=PussyLee]But Claudia has done a little high fashion. She's just more known for her Guess work.
Quote:

Claudia is very very famous back in the 90's more famous than Gisele, LOL, I'm serious....

There was a time when Claudia is on every magazine editorials and covers of Vogue, Elle, Harper's Bazaar and Cosmopolitan back-to-back and month after month! People know Claudia because of her magazine saturation. Thats why she became a household name, She's in more than 700+ magazine covers to date........and she's famous more than Gisele will ever be.....seriously!
Of course you are serious!, the most of the people know that, Claudia Schiffer has more than 800 exclusive magazine covers. Gisele and Kate Moss are nothing compared with Claudia Schiffer, Cindy Crawford or Naomi Campbell.

Maybe Gisele could be in the league of Christy Turlington or Linda Evangelista.

I have always thought ignorance is the worst enemy of the human being.

18-03-2005
windowshopping

Nikki Supermodel
Did Nikki Taylor do a lot of runway??? I don't remember???

18-03-2005
fashion insider

They have a really interesting program on this on VH1. Its an hour long and its called "when supermodels ruled the world". See if you can watch it sometime.

18-03-2005
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PussyLee
Of course you are serious!, the most of the people know that, Claudia Schiffer has more than 800 exclusive magazine covers. Gisele and Kate Moss are nothing compared with Claudia Schiffer, Cindy Crawford or Naomi Campbell.
...or Christy Turlington and Linda Evangelista. Kate Moss, at this point, I would say *is* up there with Linda, Christy, Claudia, Naomi and Cindy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PussyLee
Maybe Gisele could be in the league of Christy Turlington or Linda Evangelista.
No way. And if Gisele sticks to her own words and soon exits the fashion world, she'll never reach their status in the fashion world. Looking back at all the mag covers and runway shows of the late 80s/early 90s -- Linda and Christy were literally everywhere. They seriously ruled. Sure, Gisele is popular for a model at *this* time and era, but in no way equals the models from the original supermodel era. You can't even compare the two eras.

Regards, Shana

Last edited by ShanaLucas; 18-03-2005 at 12:05 PM. Reason: grammatical...
18-03-2005
front row

There is no doubt that Kate Moss is a supermodel. wash your mouth out with soap!

all these new faces like giselle, daria have a long way to being truly globaly known and instantly recognisable.

shoot me down but I am suprised that no-one has mentioned erin...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
makes, supermodel