How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-04-2006
V.I.P.

Current models who have supermodel potential:

Karolina Kurkova:she enjoyed some high fashion success and now has VS contract.

Daria Werbowy: who is going commercial now with Lancome and she remains at the top of her game getting all the crucial high fashion gigs.

Isabeli Fontana: pretty successful in high fashion and she too has recently signed a cosmetics campaign with Revlon.

Liya Kebede: the only successful black model working at the moment, she also does alot of work for UNICEF, Estee Lauder contract!.

24-04-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'ador-DioR
Current models who have supermodel potential:

Daria Werbowy: who is going commercial now with Lancome and she remains at the top of her game getting all the crucial high fashion gigs.
well, seeing daria after kk makes me...

anyway, as a consolation, i can say that we haven't seen this huge commercial shift yet... she's even doing more experimental things than before.

tfs star

Honestly, most models today are considered supers, but they arent. They are top models, if anything. No one will be a supermodel again, the era ended. I hate how people call any model doing VS a super. Adriana is not a super. Heidi is not a super. Gisele is not a super. They are household names because VS makes household names. A true super is a household name without the publicity of VS.

backstage pass

The general public calls the VS/SI models SUPERMODELS. These guys are topmodels with household names. i.e. Every1 knows who Tyra Banks and Heidi Klum is. The general public doesn't know who Vlada or Hana is. The VS/SI models are the CURRENT SUPERMODELS. The general public choses it's supermodels, not certain individuals in a forum. It's just the individuals in this threads' opinion and definition of a supermodel. I checked many sites, and main definition is a top model, hiusehold name, high paid model. These guys like Gises, Tyra, Heidi, Adriana, Ana B, , etc are HOUSEHOLD NAMES, DO BOTH HI FI AND COMMERCIAL, ARE HIGHEST PAID,...I could go on. You're just comparing them to the supers of the supers era. But this isn't the supers era, so their superness isn't as great, but they're STILL KNOWN AS SUPERS TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC.

24-04-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil_Flip246
The general public calls the VS/SI models SUPERMODELS. These guys are topmodels with household names. i.e. Every1 knows who Tyra Banks and Heidi Klum is. The general public doesn't know who Vlada or Hana is. The VS/SI models are the CURRENT SUPERMODELS. The general public choses it's supermodels, not certain individuals in a forum. It's just the individuals in this threads' opinion and definition of a supermodel. I checked many sites, and main definition is a top model, hiusehold name, high paid model. These guys like Gises, Tyra, Heidi, Adriana, Ana B, , etc are HOUSEHOLD NAMES, DO BOTH HI FI AND COMMERCIAL, ARE HIGHEST PAID,...I could go on. You're just comparing them to the supers of the supers era. But this isn't the supers era, so their superness isn't as great, but they're STILL KNOWN AS SUPERS TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC.
The supermodel era is almost over. Once Naomi retires at 100, there will be no more. And some of the individuals in this forum know more than the general public- there are people here who actually work in the industry for a living.

backstage pass

It's your DEFINITION, AND I RESPECT THAT. SO STAY TRUE TO YOUR PERSONAL definition OF A SUPERMODEL. Because millions more DISAGREE AND SAY THEY ARE SUPERMODELS. How come Heidi and the likes are paid millions? SUPERMODELS ARE HIGHLY PAID. I.E. TYRA GOT PAID 8 MILLION FOR THE VS RUNWAY.

24-04-2006
tfs star

Quote:
It's your DEFINITION, AND I RESPECT THAT. SO STAY TRUE TO YOUR PERSONAL definition OF A SUPERMODEL. Because millions more DISAGREE AND SAY THEY ARE SUPERMODELS. How come Heidi and the likes are paid millions? SUPERMODELS ARE HIGHLY PAID. I.E. TYRA GOT PAID 8 MILLION FOR THE VS RUNWAY.
You arent going to change my opinion.

And I said my definition before, and there will never be another supermodel. At least another good one. Thats like calling Caprice a supermodel. A real modeling career does not mean that 99% of the time you are in your underwear.

backstage pass

Who calls Caprice a supermodel? She's not a supermodel. There's a difference between a supermodel and a glamour pin up model. A pin up model like Caprice does CHEAP STUFF, playboy, maxim, fhm, and other low mags. A SUPERMODEL like Tyra Banks models for High Fashion, i.e. Anna Sui, Versace, Dolce and Gobana, Yves Saint Laurent, VOGUE, ELLE, L'OFFICIEL, AMONG OTHERS, and COmmercials, SI, VS, CG...

24-04-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Who calls Caprice a supermodel? She's not a supermodel. There's a difference between a supermodel and a glamour pin up model. A pin up model like Caprice does CHEAP STUFF, playboy, maxim, fhm, and other low mags. A SUPERMODEL like Tyra Banks models for High Fashion, i.e. Anna Sui, Versace, Dolce and Gobana, Yves Saint Laurent, VOGUE, ELLE, L'OFFICIEL, AMONG OTHERS, and COmmercials, SI, VS, CG...
Tyra never did Versace along with lots of other fashion stuff. She had a little fashion career from 1992-95. She did no more than girls like some who are forgotten too like Sonia Cole, than girls like Brandi Quinones,Beverly Peele, Gisele(the 1st one with the big nose),etc. She barely counts.

backstage pass

Tyra did model for VERSACE, SHE EVEN SAID IT ON ETHS. She modeled in high fashion from 91-95.

24-04-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeUpJunkie
Honestly, most models today are considered supers, but they arent. They are top models, if anything. No one will be a supermodel again, the era ended. I hate how people call any model doing VS a super. Adriana is not a super. Heidi is not a super. Gisele is not a super. They are household names because VS makes household names. A true super is a household name without the publicity of VS.
Thank YOU. Time will tell and most of these girls will be forgotten. But people still talk about the Cindy's,Naomi's,Linda's,etc and they will continue to for years to come. You can't be one Dimensional like doing VS or SI. Supers like Naomi,Cindy,Claudia did it all. ONE job was not going to make or break them(A REAL SUPER). Now take away VS from Tyra,Heidi,Adriana,etc careers and THEY HAVE NOTHING.

Last edited by OMIFAN9; 24-04-2006 at 04:01 PM.
24-04-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Tyra did model for VERSACE, SHE EVEN SAID IT ON ETHS. She modeled in high fashion from 91-95.
No she did not! Trust me on this one, b/c I catch you everytime.

backstage pass

She actually was modeling in 91.

24-04-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
She actually was modeling in 91.
That doesn't mean she was during anything of note/that mattered. Like being in Vogue or things like that, never saw her! And not for Versace and things like that.

tfs star

Quote:
The general public calls the VS/SI models SUPERMODELS. These guys are topmodels with household names.
They are household names because guys lock themselves in their rooms with VS catalogues and the SI swimsuit editions. Thats why theyre famous. Because those guys dont care about the fashion- they care about umm, well, lets say getting the job done, if you know what I mean.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
makes, supermodel