How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
24-04-2006
  61
V.I.P.
 
OMIFAN9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: USA
Gender: femme
Posts: 8,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeUpJunkie
They are household names because guys lock themselves in their rooms with VS catalogues and the SI swimsuit editions. Thats why theyre famous. Because those guys dont care about the fashion- they care about umm, well, lets say getting the job done, if you know what I mean.
Exactly, I find I know more about girls like Tyra than their so called fans, and I'm not one, they are usually male and they try to tell me a few things that I already know about the girls to make them seem more than they are, No names!

__________________
eyes that hypnotize
  Reply With Quote
 
24-04-2006
  62
backstage pass
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 661
Yeah but girls know who they are too. These girls are always on the entertainment shows. NOT VLADA, NOT HANA, NOT EUGENIA..

  Reply With Quote
24-04-2006
  63
V.I.P.
 
OMIFAN9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: USA
Gender: femme
Posts: 8,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil_Flip246
Yeah but girls know who they are too. These girls are always on the entertainment shows. NOT VLADA, NOT HANA, NOT EUGENIA..
I know who Britney Spears,Paula Abdul and the like are too does that make them great like actual artists?!

__________________
eyes that hypnotize
  Reply With Quote
24-04-2006
  64
tfs star
 
MakeUpJunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil_Flip246
Yeah but girls know who they are too. These girls are always on the entertainment shows. NOT VLADA, NOT HANA, NOT EUGENIA..
You say that like its a bad thing...

It makes a model more respectable when shes in the tabloids.

And if you knew anything, you would know Eugenia has walked in the VS show!!!

__________________
Naomi hit me- and I loved it!
  Reply With Quote
24-04-2006
  65
backstage pass
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 661
I know but Eugenia is not a VS ANGEL.

  Reply With Quote
24-04-2006
  66
V.I.P.
 
OMIFAN9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: USA
Gender: femme
Posts: 8,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil_Flip246
I know but Eugenia is not a VS ANGEL.
So what.

__________________
eyes that hypnotize
  Reply With Quote
24-04-2006
  67
tfs star
 
MakeUpJunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil_Flip246
I know but Eugenia is not a VS ANGEL.
And when was the last time you saw an Angel do a REAL runway show?????

__________________
Naomi hit me- and I loved it!
  Reply With Quote
24-04-2006
  68
V.I.P.
 
OMIFAN9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: USA
Gender: femme
Posts: 8,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeUpJunkie
And when was the last time you saw an Angel do a REAL runway show?????
Oh wait let me guess sloppy Ty for the last time?!

__________________
eyes that hypnotize
  Reply With Quote
24-04-2006
  69
fashion insider
 
sepia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeUpJunkie
The supermodel era is almost over. Once Naomi retires at 100, there will be no more.


I hope one day the pendulum will swing and supers will return. It will take a group of great girls and a shift in the industry, but I don't think it's impossible.

  Reply With Quote
24-04-2006
  70
V.I.P.
 
OMIFAN9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: USA
Gender: femme
Posts: 8,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by sepia


I hope one day the pendulum will swing and supers will return. It will take a group of great girls and a shift in the industry, but I don't think it's impossible.
Let's hope for our own selfish reasons she doesn't quit, also I still hope I continue to see Linda,Cindy,Claudia,Stephanie although they don't work as much as Naomi. But I don't think we will have another Super era, if so it would be like the original era.

__________________
eyes that hypnotize
  Reply With Quote
25-04-2006
  71
fashion insider
 
sepia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,191
Yeah it would similar, but it would be distinctive. I'm still holding out hope!

  Reply With Quote
25-04-2006
  72
backstage pass
 
Callidora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: USA
Gender: femme
Posts: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeUpJunkie
They are household names because guys lock themselves in their rooms with VS catalogues and the SI swimsuit editions. Thats why theyre famous. Because those guys dont care about the fashion- they care about umm, well, lets say getting the job done, if you know what I mean.
Lol, I totally agree! To say that VS makes a supermodel is BS imo. The day that fashion becomes more mainstream and accessible is the day that the supers could return. My definition of supermodel is this: she must be widely known by the general public for modeling with her clothes on. That's why Gisele is not a true super; even though she may still get plenty of fashion work, she is known for her VS stuff, and for dating Leo in his Titanic days when he was the biggest thing on the planet. His fame was dumped off onto her, not the other way around; if Gisele was dating some random guy, he wouldn't be famous just for dating her.

If Brad Pitt dumped Angelina Jolie and started dating Daria, would she be famous? You bet. Would that make her a supermodel? No way.

  Reply With Quote
25-04-2006
  73
fashion insider
 
sepia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil_Flip246
She actually was modeling in 91.
Tyra is her own hypeman. Compare her number of covers and campaigns to the supers and she is totally eclipsed. Even comparing to the "lesser known" supers that weren't in the Top 5 ... like Yasmeen, Beverly, Brandi ... there's no contest. Where are her high fashion editorials and campaigns? Even Janice called, "You weren't in Vogue that much".

Her best career accomplishments were her early runway work (which doesn't make her that special really), and nailing CoverGirl and VS campaigns. That hardly makes her a super.

But let her tell it, she was one of the most popular high fashion models ever.


Last edited by sepia; 25-04-2006 at 11:24 AM.
  Reply With Quote
25-04-2006
  74
Amour Comme Hiver
 
KhaoticKharma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 5,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil_Flip246
Yeah but girls know who they are too. These girls are always on the entertainment shows. NOT VLADA, NOT HANA, NOT EUGENIA..
No one was calling girls like that supers, and they certianly do not merite the title. No one will sway me from my original definition, though, and that is that to be a real, authintic super model, you need to do just as much mainstream as high fashion and haute couture.

The only reason that I didn't add Gemma to my future super list is that I still wonder if her look is just a fad. However, I really think that she could be a Kate in the making (a supermodel, if not an eclectic looking one). Isabeli, however, has a real potential if she works a bit more

__________________
"I say, let's have happy clothes. You could reply that's frivolous in this troubled world, but do you really think dressing like an existential nun with suicidal thoughts is going to solve Bosnia?"

  Reply With Quote
25-04-2006
  75
V.I.P.
 
OMIFAN9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: USA
Gender: femme
Posts: 8,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhaoticKharma
No one was calling girls like that supers, and they certianly do not merite the title. No one will sway me from my original definition, though, and that is that to be a real, authintic super model, you need to do just as much mainstream as high fashion and haute couture.

The only reason that I didn't add Gemma to my future super list is that I still wonder if her look is just a fad. However, I really think that she could be a Kate in the making (a supermodel, if not an eclectic looking one). Isabeli, however, has a real potential if she works a bit more

Don't worry he is always changing the subject, when his VS/SI girls(like Tyra,Heidi,etc) don't compare to the real Supers. He will go than after a more easier comparison girls that may not be well known. Either way none of them are Supers whether it's the VS/SI girls or someone like Hana,Eugenia,etc. Although I respect the ladder models named in the previous sentence over the VS girls, b/c their work takes more talent.

__________________
eyes that hypnotize

Last edited by OMIFAN9; 25-04-2006 at 02:42 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
makes, supermodel
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:58 AM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. 2014 All rights reserved.