How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-04-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeUpJunkie
They are household names because guys lock themselves in their rooms with VS catalogues and the SI swimsuit editions. Thats why theyre famous. Because those guys dont care about the fashion- they care about umm, well, lets say getting the job done, if you know what I mean.
Exactly, I find I know more about girls like Tyra than their so called fans, and I'm not one, they are usually male and they try to tell me a few things that I already know about the girls to make them seem more than they are, No names!

24-04-2006
backstage pass

Yeah but girls know who they are too. These girls are always on the entertainment shows. NOT VLADA, NOT HANA, NOT EUGENIA..

24-04-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil_Flip246
Yeah but girls know who they are too. These girls are always on the entertainment shows. NOT VLADA, NOT HANA, NOT EUGENIA..
I know who Britney Spears,Paula Abdul and the like are too does that make them great like actual artists?!

tfs star

Quote:
You say that like its a bad thing...

It makes a model more respectable when shes in the tabloids.

And if you knew anything, you would know Eugenia has walked in the VS show!!!

backstage pass

I know but Eugenia is not a VS ANGEL.

24-04-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
So what.

tfs star

Quote:
And when was the last time you saw an Angel do a REAL runway show?????

V.I.P.

Quote:
And when was the last time you saw an Angel do a REAL runway show?????
Oh wait let me guess sloppy Ty for the last time?!

fashion insider

Quote:
The supermodel era is almost over. Once Naomi retires at 100, there will be no more.

I hope one day the pendulum will swing and supers will return. It will take a group of great girls and a shift in the industry, but I don't think it's impossible.

24-04-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sepia

I hope one day the pendulum will swing and supers will return. It will take a group of great girls and a shift in the industry, but I don't think it's impossible.
Let's hope for our own selfish reasons she doesn't quit, also I still hope I continue to see Linda,Cindy,Claudia,Stephanie although they don't work as much as Naomi. But I don't think we will have another Super era, if so it would be like the original era.

fashion insider

Yeah it would similar, but it would be distinctive. I'm still holding out hope!

25-04-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
They are household names because guys lock themselves in their rooms with VS catalogues and the SI swimsuit editions. Thats why theyre famous. Because those guys dont care about the fashion- they care about umm, well, lets say getting the job done, if you know what I mean.
Lol, I totally agree! To say that VS makes a supermodel is BS imo. The day that fashion becomes more mainstream and accessible is the day that the supers could return. My definition of supermodel is this: she must be widely known by the general public for modeling with her clothes on. That's why Gisele is not a true super; even though she may still get plenty of fashion work, she is known for her VS stuff, and for dating Leo in his Titanic days when he was the biggest thing on the planet. His fame was dumped off onto her, not the other way around; if Gisele was dating some random guy, he wouldn't be famous just for dating her.

If Brad Pitt dumped Angelina Jolie and started dating Daria, would she be famous? You bet. Would that make her a supermodel? No way.

25-04-2006
fashion insider

Quote:
She actually was modeling in 91.
Tyra is her own hypeman. Compare her number of covers and campaigns to the supers and she is totally eclipsed. Even comparing to the "lesser known" supers that weren't in the Top 5 ... like Yasmeen, Beverly, Brandi ... there's no contest. Where are her high fashion editorials and campaigns? Even Janice called, "You weren't in Vogue that much".

Her best career accomplishments were her early runway work (which doesn't make her that special really), and nailing CoverGirl and VS campaigns. That hardly makes her a super.

But let her tell it, she was one of the most popular high fashion models ever.

Last edited by sepia; 25-04-2006 at 11:24 AM.
25-04-2006
Amour Comme Hiver

Quote:
No one was calling girls like that supers, and they certianly do not merite the title. No one will sway me from my original definition, though, and that is that to be a real, authintic super model, you need to do just as much mainstream as high fashion and haute couture.

The only reason that I didn't add Gemma to my future super list is that I still wonder if her look is just a fad. However, I really think that she could be a Kate in the making (a supermodel, if not an eclectic looking one). Isabeli, however, has a real potential if she works a bit more

25-04-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhaoticKharma
No one was calling girls like that supers, and they certianly do not merite the title. No one will sway me from my original definition, though, and that is that to be a real, authintic super model, you need to do just as much mainstream as high fashion and haute couture.

The only reason that I didn't add Gemma to my future super list is that I still wonder if her look is just a fad. However, I really think that she could be a Kate in the making (a supermodel, if not an eclectic looking one). Isabeli, however, has a real potential if she works a bit more

Don't worry he is always changing the subject, when his VS/SI girls(like Tyra,Heidi,etc) don't compare to the real Supers. He will go than after a more easier comparison girls that may not be well known. Either way none of them are Supers whether it's the VS/SI girls or someone like Hana,Eugenia,etc. Although I respect the ladder models named in the previous sentence over the VS girls, b/c their work takes more talent.

Last edited by OMIFAN9; 25-04-2006 at 02:42 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
makes, supermodel