How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-04-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sepia
Tyra is her own hypeman. Compare her number of covers and campaigns to the supers and she is totally eclipsed. Even comparing to the "lesser known" supers that weren't in the Top 5 ... like Yasmeen, Beverly, Brandi ... there's no contest. Where are her high fashion editorials and campaigns? Even Janice called, "You weren't in Vogue that much".

Her best career accomplishments were her early runway work (which doesn't make her that special really), and nailing CoverGirl and VS campaigns. That hardly makes her a super.

But let her tell it, she was one of the most popular high fashion models ever.
You know it, I see you are not someone who is blind sided, hasn't done their research or has delusions of grandeur.

25-04-2006
backstage pass

Tyra Banks is a supermodel. Even Fashion Television says so.

25-04-2006
V.I.P.

^Delusions of grandeur. Many, including myself aren't/wont be convinced, and Sepia summed it up.

Last edited by OMIFAN9; 25-04-2006 at 03:01 PM.
25-04-2006
tfs star

Whatever you say... of course Tyra is a supermodel... and aliens were supporting the governator in his election campaign...

backstage pass

A majority of people outside of the industry recognize these individuals as supermodels. Your opinions won't make a huge change or impact. It's a fact.

25-04-2006
tfs star

Thats nice.

The public is misinformed. VS markets all their girls as "supermodels"

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeUpJunkie
Thats nice.

The public is misinformed. VS markets all their girls as "supermodels"
Yes they are. BTW, what VS is doing is just business(which includes hype/selling) which equals an edge,money & attention. Something I've seen for years and are learning more about in my studies.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil_Flip246
A majority of people outside of the industry recognize these individuals as supermodels. Your opinions won't make a huge change or impact. It's a fact.
Neither are you or these girls, thank you. They're already being left out of the books/documentaries/things that when last and this includes Tyra,Heidi,etc. Boy if it wasn't for TV she would almost never be mentioned(which is very small if she is anyway).

Amour Comme Hiver

I hate to say it Mr. Flip, but even the people on Urban Dictionary agree with us, and most of them are not fashion experts

Contrary to popular belief, a supermodel is not just any prominent model. There are only five: Cindy Crawford, Linda Evangelista, Naomi Campbell, Christy Turlington and Claudia Schiffer. These are the models who ruled the fashion industry in the 1990s with outrageous contract demands and failed though financially rewarding attempts at acting and singing; the era of the supermodel is over. Prominent models are known as "powermodels" and include Tyra Banks, Kate Moss, Gemma Ward, Heidi Klum, Gisele Bundchen and the like.

25-04-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by sepia
Yeah it would similar, but it would be distinctive. I'm still holding out hope!
I have a feeling Supermodels a la Linda, Christy, Cindy, etc will return as well

25-04-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhaoticKharma
I hate to say it Mr. Flip, but even the people on Urban Dictionary agree with us, and most of them are not fashion experts

Contrary to popular belief, a supermodel is not just any prominent model. There are only five: Cindy Crawford, Linda Evangelista, Naomi Campbell, Christy Turlington and Claudia Schiffer. These are the models who ruled the fashion industry in the 1990s with outrageous contract demands and failed though financially rewarding attempts at acting and singing; the era of the supermodel is over. Prominent models are known as "powermodels" and include Tyra Banks, Kate Moss, Gemma Ward, Heidi Klum, Gisele Bundchen and the like.
agree, agree, agree

25-04-2006
backstage pass

Tyra, and the likes are Supermodels. Even Tyra says so. Even Janice Dickinson said Tyra was the last of the great supermodels.

25-04-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil_Flip246
Tyra, and the likes are Supermodels. Even Tyra says so. Even Janice Dickinson said Tyra was the last of the great supermodels.
Its like talking to a wall...

Janice only said that because they were friends.

backstage pass

So you're saying those five are the only supermodels. LOL.

25-04-2006
tfs star

Lilflip, I think you are one of the ones introduced to modelling via ANTM, am I right?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
makes, supermodel