How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-01-2004
V.I.P.

What Model Do You Admire?
what model do you admire? just like the other topic not mainly because of their looks but because of their process of success.

i realize that a lot of models are just discovered by i admire natalia vodianova above them all. i like how she was working at a fruit market to support her family and then became one of the biggest model in the country.

and then married an aristocrat in case she should become unpopular. HA
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100081409.jpg (14.0 KB, 68 views)

10-01-2004
Hoppity Hop

Alek Wek.

I admire her because her story is, details aside, the same story that so many people have except they'll never be famous--therefore never have the opportunity to have a voice--and be in a thread like this.

Here's an interview with her to learn all about this amazing person.

http://www.refugees.org/audio/alekw.ram

10-01-2004
gromosexual

I'd have to say Alek as well.. i saw an interview with her, shes absolutely amazing

Christy Turlington too

10-01-2004
gromosexual

Daria too b/c shes from Toronto.

10-01-2004
Heated

I think models that come from impoverished nations can be admired for overcoming difficulties and rising to the top. This includes, but is not limited to, Natalia V, Natasha Vojnovic, Alek Wek, and Yasmin Warsame.

However, when I think of admiring someone I think of people who genuinely do good for a great number of people: philanthropists, nurses, doctors, etc. And I don't we can laud models in this same way. It seems a little silly.

10-01-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by chickonspeed@Jan 10th, 2004 - 9:16 pm
I think models that come from impoverished nations can be admired for overcoming difficulties and rising to the top. This includes, but is not limited to, Natalia V, Natasha Vojnovic, Alek Wek, and Yasmin Warsame.

However, when I think of admiring someone I think of people who genuinely do good for a great number of people: philanthropists, nurses, doctors, etc. And I don't we can laud models in this same way. It seems a little silly.
I agree, I would admire models for doing good if they had more artistic credibilty, but lets face it msot dount

and exeption would be Peggy Mofit , who i love and is very artistic

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by Spacemiu+Jan 10th, 2004 - 11:47 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spacemiu @ Jan 10th, 2004 - 11:47 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-chickonspeed@Jan 10th, 2004 - 9:16 pm

I agree, I would admire models for doing good if they had more artistic credibilty, but lets face it msot dount

and exeption would be Peggy Mofit , who i love and is very artistic [/b][/quote]
ok we'll not say admire...

we'll just say what model you find interesting, other than how they look.

11-01-2004
V.I.P.

They may not be the most talented, but they're still human and have facets to admire like everyone else...

11-01-2004
adam_biggest_fan

I suppose you could guess that love!

11-01-2004
backstage pass

i think that you already know that i admire Tiiu Kuik!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tiiu_gucci_fall2003_2.jpg (34.5 KB, 40 views)

11-01-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by chickonspeed@Jan 11th, 2004 - 5:16 am

ditto CHICK!
i think a model career is all about luck. nothing i would admire.

but i find HEIDI KLUM quite good in the sense that shes running her own business now.

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
11-01-2004
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally posted by leyla m.@Jan 11th, 2004 - 3:33 pm
chickonspeed,Jan 11th, 2004 - 5:16 am] I think models that come from impoverished nations can be admired for overcoming difficulties and rising to the top. This includes, but is not limited to, Natalia V, Natasha Vojnovic, Alek Wek, and Yasmin Warsame.

I agree. I Like Heidi Klum alot. I find her a very sweet person.

11-01-2004
front row

i personally don't admire or look up to any models...i look up to Mandy Moore & Maggie Gyllenhaal though!

12-01-2004
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

i admire karolina,maggie rizer and heidi they have something genuine abt them that most models dont.Also fernanda

V.I.P.

Alek Wek - because she has overcome huge obstacles to be one of the most successful models in the world, and she seems like a sweet person

Caitriona Balfe - because she seems like a grounded and cool person and was discovered doing volunteer work in Dublin for people with multiple sclerosis, which is a great thing to do

Angela Lindvall - because she has a lovely website geared at encourging people to really communicate with each other, find out what each other are thinking - that's something that the world has seemed to lose touch of, and I think it's wonderful that she would take the time to address the issue
Also, she's done spreads to encourage awareness about heart disease among women - and I find that very admirable
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bcbg13.jpg (73.6 KB, 56 views)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
admire, model