How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-10-2013
trendsetter

To the mod who folded the thread I started yesterday" down steppers" into this one.
I rarely visit this thread title because to me it us about models who are no longer modeling(see first post in 2005 about girls several years gone) and we miss them. I wanted my thread to be about
1 current girls who are losing momentum and
2 I might not come on this thread because I will not miss Cara D. but would want to discuss if she is losing momentum. Maybe the thread could be retitled or restart my thread? Thanks

03-10-2013
V.I.P.

^I agree that this topic is different enough to warrant a separate thread.

As far as fading faces though, it seems as soon as I warm up to someone and start liking them, they start fading from the runways. I fully expect Josephine LT to be MIA next season.

Othilia Simon - though that may have started last season
Kati N - seems kind of early for her to stop being a 'runway' girl?
Janice - I am glad about this one though (sorry to all the fans)
Zuzanna - I know she still does good shows, but the days of her being everywhere are gone.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
Zuzanna - I know she still does good shows, but the days of her being everywhere are gone.
Yeah, I feel like she doesn't really need shows that much anymore, but I would still like to see her everywhere again considering how gorgeous she is on the runway, and she has a pretty great presence.

03-10-2013
Soviet Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab348 View Post
To the mod who folded the thread I started yesterday" down steppers" into this one.
I rarely visit this thread title because to me it us about models who are no longer modeling(see first post in 2005 about girls several years gone) and we miss them. I wanted my thread to be about
1 current girls who are losing momentum and
2 I might not come on this thread because I will not miss Cara D. but would want to discuss if she is losing momentum. Maybe the thread could be retitled or restart my thread? Thanks
The mod team reviewed this and we do not think a separate thread is warranted; the distinction is too fine. Over time, many of the models discussed in the proposed "fading" thread would belong in the "retired" thread. To look at it another way, the idea that this thread is for models who have retired is your interpretation; in fact, when a lot of the older posts were made, those models were "fading". So, it's really the same topic.

Last edited by tangerine; 03-10-2013 at 05:30 PM.
03-10-2013
trendsetter

Thank you for your review.Could the thread be retitled to Models you miss or are fading? Again to my point, I would be interested in who is fading but not necessarily miss them. Thanks again.

04-10-2013
backstage pass

Codie Young. Hmm..

Also, Alyona Osmanova.

Last edited by vandekamp; 04-10-2013 at 02:00 AM.
04-10-2013
rising star

I too think this should be a separate thread as I'm intrigued to see which models members feel are fading but I don't miss many of them.

What is the distinction between best SS 14 casting and the general casting thread?

04-10-2013
trendsetter

I echo this, I would have loved to have a thread for models who are fading.
(and they don't necessarily have to end up in the 'models you miss' thread, daga ziober for example is a downstepper, but you wouldn't miss her because she still does get work, albeit b-list.)

04-10-2013
TNF
front row

You can open such a topic by yourself, why wait till others do?

If it's not possible, I suggest Daphne Groeneveld and Stef Van Der Laan. Stef's comeback from a couple of years ago seems to last quite short.

fashion elite

Angela Lindvall, it's time to do a comeback already.

09-10-2013
Someone's at the door

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pricciao View Post
Angela Lindvall, it's time to do a comeback already.
I don't think she wants to, sadly, even though I miss her terribly on the runway. I think she wants to do minor ed/ad stuff with occasionally popping up in things like a Bazaar edition (like she did with Russia this month).

09-10-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bun-bun View Post
I don't think she wants to, sadly, even though I miss her terribly on the runway. I think she wants to do minor ed/ad stuff with occasionally popping up in things like a Bazaar edition (like she did with Russia this month).
Yeah I really don't get why she wants to do those minor eds, it makes it seem like she doesn't get booked for the big things.

scenester

She was barely around, but I miss Gina Bock. I also miss the Kenny twins, and Kolfinna. But who doesn't miss Kolfinna?!

11-10-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertNoir View Post
Not out of the scene at all!!
Yes, Stella is still around sometimes - does some shows and ads - but I don't see her as much as I like. She was a Queen in the late nineties. I miss seeing her in editorials regularly.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
09-12-2013
fashion icon

Lately, Julia Saner... With a face like hers you can tell she was gonna be epic. *sigh*, I'm pretty sure she would've gone far if she hadn't quit.

I'm think that she was just too young to deal with this crazy industry & a little overwhelmed by all her success. Hopefully when she matures a bit more (emotionally, mentally & spiritually) she'll make a comeback

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
downsteppersmodels, fading, miss, models, worse