How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-09-2009
backstage pass

for new face prada gives between 3 and 5000 euros.
Last girl i know who did got 3000, just notice that she got the money more than...1 year after, as Prada is in the slowest clients to pay their bills to agencies...

13-09-2009
Tobias Funke

^
Wow I had no idea that happened, I thought they get paid right after or after fashion week, that's weird, is it because of paperwork or it just takes that long?

NeverNude
14-09-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXRedRubYXxX View Post
^
Wow I had no idea that happened, I thought they get paid right after or after fashion week, that's weird, is it because of paperwork or it just takes that long?
No, it is always like this ...models get payed last. At first it takes forever till clients sends money to agency,after agency must check models situation with statement and expences,tax etc,then model gets money...but dipends of country-can be 3 months ,can be longer.

30-11-2009
windowshopping

At the same time, NOT walking Prada isn't detrimental to a models career.

Constance Jablonski has never walked either Prada or Miu Miu (off topic, doesn't look like she walked many Russell Marsh shows either)....and just look at how well she did at the s/s 2010 shows, not only walking 72 shows in total, but walking the key ones like Opening Celine, walking Calvin Klein, Balmain, Balenciaga.....

and now she's sustaining her exposure in the off season too with her many editorial appearances.

25-02-2010
backstage pass

Alessandra Ambrósio walked for Prada for the first time

Last edited by imagensfashions; 25-02-2010 at 10:40 PM.
25-02-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriana View Post
At the same time, NOT walking Prada isn't detrimental to a models career.
agree.

Also I think this was just a one time thing for the VS girls.

I highly doubt we're going to see them season after season at Prada like Natasha or Lara.

As much as I'd like this to be a springboard for someone like Alessandra to walk in other big shows, I doubt that's happening.

26-02-2010
V.I.P.

I hope Maryna and Abbey Lee weren' thrown in as VS girls
because I would love to see them walk for the brand again

30-03-2010
V.I.P.

Are Prada campaign & exclusive girls cursed?
After the season is over, I noticed that some disappear or don't do so well
in terms of booking shows, same with their campaign girls. I don't know if
they become overrated that casting directors don't even bother with them anymore.

Some (Exclusives & Campaign) girls that have done poorly in booking shows or are no longer doing shows.
Toni Garrn
Kendra Spears
Katlin Aas
Anna Jagodzinska
Ymre
Suvi Koponen
Julia Hafstorm
Katrin Thormann
Giedre Dukauskaite
Natalia Chabanenko
Cato Van Ee
Adina Forizs

30-03-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by á la Balenciaga View Post
Some (Exclusives & Campaign) girls that have done poorly in booking shows or are no longer doing shows.
Toni Garrn
Kendra Spears
Katlin Aas
Anna Jagodzinska
Ymre
Suvi Koponen
Julia Hafstorm
Katrin Thormann
Giedre Dukauskaite
Natalia Chabanenko
Cato Van Ee
Adina Forizs

each case is different. Take Giedre Dukauskaite, she was already rather far from her peak when she booked Prada, so Prada has been just a sparkle for her that season, but it obviously was not enough to make her book shows again, thing that she was already not doing anymore since 2-3 seasons before Prada.

30-03-2010
User Friendly

Toni, Anna J, Suvi did/are doing quite well. Sure Toni or Anna J are nowhere near their 8 campaign monster season, but realistically how possible is it to live up to that season after season. I think Toni and Anna have very respectable careers. Suvi also did quite well and I think she may be fading but Prada took her to the very heights of modeling.

31-08-2010
V.I.P.

Spring/Summer 2010
O: Lindsey Wixson
C: Kate Kosushkina

Fall/Winter 2010
O/C: Samantha Gradoville

What do you think of these girls? Lindsey is quite successful imo, and I've heard of Samantha. But I've never heard of Kate. D:

31-08-2010
V.I.P.

Honestly i don't get Lindsey. With the puffy cheeks, I would never take her for a successful model if I saw her on the streets. And so young too.

01-09-2010
V.I.P.

^ I agree that I'd probably never recognise Lindsey as a model when seeing her out on the streets, but I think you can't deny that she certainly has great skills and really impresses with her print work. I see her more as a Miu Miu (not only because of her campaigns) than a real "Prada girl" though.

Regarding Kate: I think she's one of those who suffer the "Prada-curse" - she appears in the show (even closes it) and everyone expects her to explode after that. But of course, walking the show doesn't guarantee ANY girl success and therefore everyone is like "Where the hell did she go? Is she actually still modelling?" She's certainly not the most successful girl around but I think she's doing okay. Especially considering that she was SO young when she started out.

Tbh, these days I'm way more excited about who will walk Givenchy as an exclusive, than which girl will show up at Prada

V.I.P.

It's funny how things turn around and it's now considered a 'curse'. I guess exclusives, opening, closing, have all jumped the shark. We're all too aware of it now.

I personally never expected Kate K to explode after closing Prada... Lindsey (reluctantly) & Rasa (the only debut exclusive) perhaps, but not Kate - she looked like an infant compared to the rest of the cast (and that says alot, since Lindsey, Rasa & co look like little girls), and her look didn't make an impact in any of her previous shows. But, I think opening is more significant than closing anyway (unless you're doing both).

Maybe I'll eat my words, but I think Sam Gradoville will be a one-show wonder. Not because she looks young - she doesn't - but, again, because she has no real impact. Well at least not on me

Zenga Zenga

^Totally agree with you on how exclusives have 'jumped the shark' and I'll be forever thankful to you for having found the right expression to say it

I didn't expect much from Kate's side either after she did Prada and actually I don't think she's is the first one to suffer from that kind of 'curses'. Quite a bunch IMO have experienced this cold shower after walking Prada or other famous shows as exclusives. Though, she might be one of the best examples of course.

As for Givenchy... not really excited either, see how many 'exclusives' they had last season and how many of them really had an impact then. And even when they left big impression or made their marks, did any of this tiny group made it really far? Not yet, I would say even if it's too early to judge but then it wouldn't be only the Givenchy-effect.

Not sure what to think of Samantha's career either, I can picture her having a decent one at least but she could also fade or go higher this season. Basically everything is possible and nothing can be predicted at all.

So, any exclusive status doesn't make me excited at all (anymore?) and I prefer slow and steady career patterns and models that keep improving after having been a bit in the shadows when they started. I still believe in Gucci-exclusives, though. Half-joking only

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
prada, significance, walking