How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

31-12-2012
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsamg View Post
Kinga should have a campaign, she's walked quite a few times.
Kinga was in Prada S/S 2011 campaign.

20-02-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanhuq View Post
I'm bored so I'll update!

FW11
Opener: Colinne Michaelis
Next 8 Girls: Marique Schimmel,Caterina Ravaglia, Dempsey Stewart,
Juliane Gruner, Valerjia Kelava, Sara Blomqvist, Tati Cotliar, Kinga Rajzak

Closer: Josephine Skriver
I really like this cast because it went so well with the collection and had alot of my favorite girls in it! Colinne wasn't exclusive and did almost every other relevant show for the season, walked Prada/ Miu Miu again for SS 2013 and now is gone... None of the girls who walked got the campaign instead it was Ondria Hardin, Frida Gustavasson, Kelly Mittendorf, and Antonia Wesseloh. Only Antonia walked for Prada the spring 2012 show, Ondria did SS2013, and Frida did the SS13 men's show. Juliane Gruner whom was an exclusive did end up getting 2 Balenciaga campaigns in a row and was an exclusive at the last SS13 show.

SS12
Opener: Querelle Jansen
Next 8 Girls: Meghan Collison, Guinevere Van Seenus,
Marte Mei Van Hasster, Abbey Lee Kershaw, Arizona Muse, Marique Schimmel, Mariacarla Boscono, King Rajzak

Closer: Natasha Poly
For the first time in I don't know how long a new girl didn't open! Guinevere got the Miu Miu resort campaign then ended up getting the main Prada with
Meghan Collison, Elise Crombez, Natasha Poly, Ymre Stiekema, and Katryn Kruger. Katryn did the resort lookbook for Prada and was a worlwide exclusive for Givenchy, she did the Prada show for fw 2012 and is currently slowly dying out... This show cast was also Russell Marsh's last for Prada.

FW12
Opener: Vanessa Axente
Next 8 Girls: Zen Sevastyanova, Elza Luijendijk, Lula Osterdahl,
Madison Headrick, Iris Van Berne, Lara Mullen, Carla Gebhart, Ymre Stiekema

Closer: Iselin Steiro
Ashley Brokaw's first show cast for Prada. Vanessa, Elza, Madison joined Magdalena (who this was her first time walking Prada), Iselin, and Anne V in the ad campaign. Vanessa is currently doing very well with 2 Prada campaigns, a Meisel exclusive (which is over now), 2 Vogue Italia covers, a Vogue Japan cover, and she also opened Celine (doing their pre fall lookbook before the show), and Valentino. All campaign girls returned to the show next season except for Madison and Anne V.

SS13
Opener: Maartje Verhoef
Next 8 Girls: Maja Milosavljevic, Antonina Vasylchenko, Isabelle Nicolay,
Romy Schonberger, Manon Leloup, Marine Deleeuw, Zoe Colivas,
Marte Mei Van Haaster

Closer: Daria Strokous
Can't really say much about how these girls are doing since we're mid season right now. Alot of Prada favourites didn't do this show (Lindsey, Querelle, Meghan, Anais, Kinga, Daphne, ect.) Maartje ended up getting 1 shot in the campaign, while Vanessa Axente repeated the campaign. Irina Kravchenko (who I'm not sure if she was a semi exclusive?) also was featured along top names like Sasha Pivovarova, Eva Herzigova, Kirsten Owen, Amber Valletta, and Raquel Zimmerman. Maja was the only exclusive who showed up at the Miu Miu show.
when u say Next 8 Girls, u mean EXCLUSIVE Model ?

20-02-2013
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkita View Post
when u say Next 8 Girls, u mean EXCLUSIVE Model ?
Nope. That means the 2nd to 9th girl who walked out on the runway during the show.

20-02-2013
front row

^ Oh I'm sorry, I thought u made resume list of exclusive girls or u've done one ? I been searching everywhere but cant find past exclusive list
Posted via Mobile Device

20-02-2013
V.I.P.

^ this thread - http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f96...ves-66756.html

V.I.P.

Update!

F/W 2013
Opener: Amanda Murphy
Next 8 Girls: Catherine McNeil, Mariacarla Boscono, Lisa Verberght, Elise Smidt, Liisa Winkler, Jessa Brown, Adriana Lima, Magdalena Frackowiak
Closer: Amanda Murphy

First time a girl opened and closed Prada since Arizona for S/S 2011. Lots of established, old Prada favorites like Liisa Winkler, Esther de Jong, and Kirsten Owen. And an appearance by Adriana Lima. Also marked Daphne's return to the Prada catwalk since S/S 2012. Oddly enough, Vanessa the two season in a row exclusive was missing from the show after skipping Milan entirely. Gina Bock, Irene Hiemstra, and Joanna Tatarka were exclusives for the show, Jessa Brown was a co-Exclusive with Jil Sander. Irene, Jessa, and Joanna appeared at Miu Miu in Paris. The campaign features: Amanda Murphy, Cameron Russell, Caroline de Maigret, Catherine McNeil, Christy Turlington, Fei Fei Sun, Freja Beha Erichsen, Kristine Froseth, Malaika Firth, Rachel Williams and Sophia Ahrens. Malaika as the first Black model to star in a Prada campaign since Naomi Campbell, nearly two decades before her.

S/S 2014
Opener: Amanda Murphy
Next 8 Girls: Mariana Santana, Nika Cole, Julia Bergshoeff, Aleksandra "Ola" Rudnicka, Anna Ewers, Katlin Aas, Vanessa Axente, Devon Windsor
Closer: Amanda Murphy

Amanda Murphy becomes the first model to ever open and close Prada two seasons in a row, and as an exclusive. Prada's casting becomes, for once, less homogenous in terms of skin color, with five Black models and two Asian models being cast for the show. An invasion of platinum blond, bright red and intense black hair on the runway, with plenty of newbies getting makeovers backstage. Fourteen exclusives were cast for the show. The campaign featured 18 models: Amanda Murphy, Anna Ewers, Ashleigh Good, Cindy Bruna, Dorota Kullova, Gracie Van Gastel, Julia Bergshoeff, Lexi Boling, Lieke Van Houten, Magdalena Jasek, Maggie Jablonski, Malaika Firth, Maja Salamon, Nastya Sten, Ophelie Guillermand, Ola Rudnicka, Sabrina Ioffreda, and Viktor Van Pelt. Of which only nine walked the show. Malaika and Amanda repeat the campaign.

06-02-2014
rising star

Reading this whole thread is like finding the real Bible on Fashion Models History Amanda Murphy achieved something so rare that even the iconic Pradette Sasha P. couldn't: opening and closing 2 times in a row (Sasha opened two consecutive seasons but closed only 1).

The most interesting case in recent memory is definitely Kaitlin Aas. Debut with both spots at Prada, then became kind of a filler girl in several blue-chips shows, and not until last season she really blew it up (opening Versace like a boss).

20-09-2014
V.I.P.

The fact that a model like Gemma Ward decides to wait for an opportunity like opening the show to make her come back official tells about the significance of this brand for other models itself.

20-09-2014
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legolas View Post
The fact that a model like Gemma Ward decides to wait for an opportunity like opening the show to make her come back official tells about the significance of this brand for other models itself.
And not only that, i've pretty much seen everyone who walked for Prada this season on instagram uploading a pic of the show and thanking Ashley and the team....i havent seen anyone yet thanking Michelle or Anita that itself shows the hierarchy of the show for everyone.

25-09-2014
fashion icon

I love this thread! So glad to some updates here.

I also find it very interesting to compare who walks Prada and Miu Miu in one same season. Before when Miu Miu was still shown in Milan, I think the cast was more or less the same. But since Miu Miu moved to Paris, the cast was always a surprise.

25-09-2014
trendsetter

Hopefully we can get an update for last season and this?

25-09-2014
V.I.P.

I think whole casts should have been posted/analyzed. I mean, it's not like there's any difference between being girl 7 or 8, than girl 9.

V.I.P.

Yeah I too was wondering what the significance of being 2-8 was.

rising star

I posted in the model casting thread that Sasha was supposed to walk for this season. Really disappointed it didn't happen.

I kind of miss Sigrid and Ymre as well. Didn't like them at first but warmed up to them eventually

27-09-2014
trendsetter

Gemma opening and Sasha closing or Sasha opening and Gemma closing... that would be perfect! So sad it didn't happen.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
prada, significance, walking