How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-02-2008
V.I.P.

carmen_kass: impressive. you certainly done your homework.

*for one, Prada sets the bar for (highly coveted) exposure and a sweeter paycheck for girls when they branch out (doesnt mean they have to have every highly coveted campaigns nor be a top girl , either. they're in the models bible with a priority stamped next to their names so to speak.) ...

... Gucci is another but Prada's got a slight edge.

20-02-2008
scenester

That was interesting to read... I certainly learned alot.

Does anyone know if the models get paid alot to walk in the Prada show?

21-02-2008
trendsetter

Elise walked this show 9 times.
Marina, Sasha, Jessica, Raquel, Freja, Vlada walked 6 or 7 times.
Anouck's last Prada show was S/S04. so her comeback shocked me.

21-02-2008
fashion icon

look at suvi, daria, gemma, raquel, sasha etc since there prada openings and you'll see why. it can make people take notice with you on some occasions, not for every girl but still having a prada opening before the days of sasha often lead to a campaign.

and miuccia mostly keeps faithful to her girls as haru says above, those established girls are walking 6/7 times.

User Friendly

really?? I feel like she keeps faithful to her true favorites.. Currently: Suvi, Alyona, Irina, Anabela, Vlada and of course Sasha... but sooo many prada exclusives walk one season and are completely dismissed the next. I mean look at an extreme example with Anna-Mariya.. she was completely let go from the flock.

21-02-2008
fashion icon

^Yeah same with Leah de Wavrin.

Does anyone know if IMG really does have monopoly over Prada castings, maybe Ivan Bart and Russel Marshhave some kind of agreement. The show usually has a huge number of IMG girls. Irina, Anabella, Lara, Sasha, Adina, Daria, Gemma, Marina, Angela, Stam and Anna Mariya. Same with Jil Sander and Miu Miu. A lot of girls who have opened and closed belong to IMG.

Last edited by carmen_kass; 21-02-2008 at 05:24 AM.
21-02-2008
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderland View Post
Does anyone know if the models get paid alot to walk in the Prada show?
I'm curious to know about it.

21-02-2008
trendsetter

this season :
IMG-Anabela, Freja, Lara, Angela, Irina, Kamila, Alana,Anna, Anouck, Jessica, Marina, Guinevere, Heidi

WOMEN-Alana Zimmer, Alyona, Amanda, Daiane, Georgina, Hanne, Isabeli, Jourdan, Kasia, Natasha, Suvi, Vlada, Natalia

WHY NOT-Elise, Bette, Ali

NEXT-Catherine

I don't know-Cato Vanee and Eden Clark, Sara Blomqvist

IMG&WOMEN are very strong!

21-02-2008
trendsetter

I thought Angela, Anouck are Prada exclusive.
but they did other shows.

21-02-2008
fashion icon

About Snejana, I'm curious, too. She did the Prada campaign before she walked for Prada. And she only did Prada runway once! Could there be any chance that she got the campaign because Meisel liked her so much at that time?
Although Snejana only did Prada runway for once, she did Miu Miu three times(S/S 06, F/W 06, S/S 08). Does it mean Miuccia is still interested in her? Especially because she's back for Miu Miu last season.

About this season, Catherine McNeil is the biggest mystery for me. Why was she? It seems Prada casting is not that easy for me to understand.

21-02-2008
V.I.P.

oh, great thread!

21-02-2008
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starry View Post
About Snejana, I'm curious, too. She did the Prada campaign before she walked for Prada. And she only did Prada runway once! Could there be any chance that she got the campaign because Meisel liked her so much at that time?
Although Snejana only did Prada runway for once, she did Miu Miu three times(S/S 06, F/W 06, S/S 08). Does it mean Miuccia is still interested in her? Especially because she's back for Miu Miu last season.

About this season, Catherine McNeil is the biggest mystery for me. Why was she? It seems Prada casting is not that easy for me to understand.

There's been some discussion over this in Snejana's thread too, I think she got the campaign because of Meisel too, but he's totally lost interest now I think. I mean her Prada images were barely used right?

Do Muiccia or Russel or Meisel cast for Miu Miu, apparantly Meisel casts for Anna Sui because they're good friends, and Snejana is always there, but really walking shows isn't any use if you aren't getting major campaigns or editorials, which Snejana isn't.

Olga didn't walk Prada this time....any reason?

fashion icon

edit: If Meisel casts for Anna Sui, why was Catherine McNeil there, acording to Knightley he doesn't like her because he didn't have a hand in her initial discovery and success, although if he did work with her she'd really be his "type" of girl.

V.I.P.

^ catherine mcneil was at miu miu last season, but not prada, right? this season she was at prada. it's odd. and what about girls like coco rocha? didn't she walk only once, like fw 05 or 06? the same season hye park walked.

21-02-2008
princely

Coco walked in the show opened by Anna Mariya. Hye has walked prada 3 or 4 times I think.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
prada, significance, walking