How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-02-2008
fashion icon

The Prada campaigns sure have come a long way considering Shannan Click's were just her holding a shoe.

Last edited by carmen_kass; 22-02-2008 at 07:44 AM.

22-02-2008
V.I.P.

Behati was Prada's exclusive for S/S 06!

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxymoron View Post
Irina L walked FW06, and I know Behati walked for Prada. I think she was on an exclusive? Neither has Flavia, Ai, Alek (basically any black/asian model not named Naomi, Hye or Jourdan). I don't think Tiiu has either.
Irina L walked for Prada in S/S 06 & F/W 06

backstage pass

Amazing Thread!!!!!!!!!

Claudia Seiler was exclusive last season, not walked in this show...

22-02-2008
User Friendly

I read in a previous thread that Hana never walked for Prada, but she has walked for Miu Miu once

22-02-2008
V.I.P.

For me, the models that were the perfect faces for prada had already walked for it, models like Hana, Trentini, Hilary, Flavia etc. aren't models that I would like to see walking for Prada ...

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmen_kass View Post
Is the Trentini sotry true? That she was going to walk Prada and one season she was cast and backstage Miuccia tapped her on the shoulder and said you're too ugly please go home? What a cruel thing to do. I mean if you can cast Vlada and Stam who look exacty like her then why not Trentini?

Please correct me If I'm worng. I think Siri's case is odd, she may become one of thosee girls who only walked once, I wonder why she wasn't there this season.
As far as Miuccia telling her to go home because she was too ugly, I've no doubt that's a complete exaggeration. Miuccia Prada does not speak to the girls. She speaks in Italian and to her employees and casting director. She tells the casting director if she likes a girl or not and leaves it to him to sort it out. The casting director does not say "sorry you're canceled because you're too ugly" he says "she didn't think your look fit with the others" or "your look isn't right for this season" and then there's also "she's dropping your outfit from the show" (4 or 5 outfits are dropped last minute and the girls with them every season)

Also with Siri I imagine that given Milan's interest in the anti-anorexia campaigns and publicity (they have rather moving billboards all over the city of a naked skeletal woman posing, captioned "No Anorexia") it could be due to the particularly controversial reaction in the Milan industry to one of Siri's resent editorial images portraying her bare back. Many designers in Milan have gotten on the boat of discussing their desire to not cast for such an image.

24-02-2008
V.I.P.

Iselin did walk for Prada/ S/S 2004 (Although, she wore a hat and it was hard to see her face under it) and S/S 2005 as well. I believe she walked for Miu Miu those seasons as well, but I could be wrong about that.

tfs star

Pretty tough to get dropped from Prada at the last minute. Do the other casting directors sort of know about it, so it doesn't hurt a model's rep?

Like, at least she was considered...

24-02-2008
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by haru View Post
Iselin has never walked Prada and Miu Miu.
Actually Iselin started her career as with a Calvin exclusive and a Prada exclusive.

24-02-2008
tfs star

Wow, I thought Gemma Ward had opened Prada before but it turns out she hasn't opened or closed. Interesting, because I read an article about how they flew Gemma to Milan to meet Miuccia and her first reaction was "bella" (beautiful). I figured she would get an opening/closing slot at least.

25-02-2008
fashion icon

^I was shocked by that too. Thank you smokebreak for that insight.

25-02-2008
Someone's at the door

I, for one, am extremely surprised by the casting of Lindvall in this show. She hasn't walked for Prada for almost a decade (since Fall 2000), when she was replaced in the ongoing campaigns. For years she did nothing that had to do with Prada or Muiccia. And now she's sort of become the older, sexy model in a sea of new girls, walking mainly for Lagerfeld, Galliano and the such. Why cast her now? I love it because I love anything Angela, but it is totally surprising.

25-02-2008
rising star

i was surprised about that too, but i have no complaints

25-02-2008
fashion icon

^me either, I'm more shocked by Catherine McNeil! I guess she is the real deal and walking Prada cements it.

Although about Catherine, now that she's walked Prada, and she's walked Anna Sui which Steven Meisel casts, do you think he'll end his fued with her and actually use her for photographic work? That would be amazing.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
prada, significance, walking