How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-03-2008
V.I.P.

I don't know if that was posted but I read that Russell Marsh is accused of accepting bribes from IMG and Women to put their girls front and center in Prada and Miu Miu ads and runway shows. Here You have sth. about it:

Quote:
According to Fashionista, Prada Casting Director, Russell Marsh is accused of accepting bribes from IMG and Women to put their girls front and center in Prada and Miu Miu ads and runway shows. Sources claim an e-mail supposedly from Russell Marsh is circulating where he says he'll be "going away for a while."
Miuccia Prada is reportedly in the dark on the bribery.
Tomaso Galli, group communication and external relations director for Prada tells NYMAG, : "I can't believe this ... We have worked with Russell for so many years ... He is such a great guy!"
frillr.com

Quote:
We were going to call this post, "The Devil Scares Prada," but instead we'll get right to the point:
There's a swirl of agents and casting directors buzzing about a very dire rumor. Some have accused Prada's longtime casting director, Russell Marsh, of accepting bribes from IMG and Women to put their girls front and center in Prada and Miu Miu's casting. According to the rumor, Miuccia's team had no knowledge of the bribes, and according to Style.com, the evidence that IMG and Women girls are usually on Prada's opening and closing moments (and of course their Sasha Pivovarova campaigns) is quite solid. Although we've always believed that those two agencies, collectively, have the best stash of girls anyway. It's also true that Meghan Sutherland had a Prada moment last year, but you may have noticed she was missing this season from the runways...
Furthermore, there's an email going around, purportedly from Russell Marsh to his contacts, saying he needs to "go away for a while." But we remember when the faux Olivia Palermo email got out last year, so we know how easy it is to forge an email address.
So why is this rumor going around and around?
Either it's true, or a very vicious agency feels violated because their best girls got nixed from the Prada runway or campaign, and they decided to take matters into their own hands.
Also:
We get emails every day from people asking how to get into the fashion business. This is probably a good example of why you may not want to try.
And of course, if you know anything about this, email tips@fashionista.com and fill in the blanks.
fashionista.com

Quote:
Our slow news day just picked up its pace. A lot. Fashionista.com reports rumors are swirling about a bribery scandal at Prada and Miu Miu. The label's casting director, Russell Marsh, purportedly accepted bribes from IMG and Women modeling agencies to put their girls front and center in Prada and Miu Miu ads and runway shows. Looking at runway slideshows, it's pretty clear Women and IMG girls get prominent placement. Sasha Pivovarova of IMG, after all, has appeared in over nine Prada ad campaigns. An e-mail supposedly from Marsh is circulating that says he'll be "going away for a while." Then again, it could be from a faux Marsh. Fashionista brought up the theory that a competing agency started all this in the hopes of getting its girls a fair shot with Miuccia's camp. Not unlikely. A Prada rep said she had no knowledge of the rumor and declined to comment. If it's true the label might get some good advice from the good people at Marc Jacobs, who are dealing with a bribery scandal of their own. Sigh. Oh, fashion industry...
Update: Tomaso Galli, group communication and external relations director for Prada, had this to say: "I can't believe this ... We have worked with Russell for so many years ... He is such a great guy!" And there you have it.
nymag.com

29-03-2008
trendsetter

This thread is so interesting , the trinity that is Wintour , Prada and Meisel..the influence they have , it's so obvious once you start digging a little deeper.

Catherine McNeil for Prada , she seems too athletic to me , her recent i-D shoot was trying to push her as the new 'body'.

V.I.P.

love the new rumours

29-03-2008
fashion insider

Apperantly there is no significance, especially if the chances of getting in a show are rigged.....lol. I thought this was nothing new, I remember someone posted a while ago in this thread!

29-03-2008
front row

i dont believe IMG would pay him for that....lots of outstanding IMG girls like Viviane Orth never done Prada. If there was an actual bribe...ALLof the great IMG girls would be walking his runways

Last edited by guiberger; 29-03-2008 at 08:08 PM.
29-03-2008
tfs star

Catherine for Prada? No ,just no.Her features are way too strong and hard edged.

29-03-2008
fashion elite

great post .

30-03-2008
fashion icon

I think it's been mentioned before that an Agency owns a certain percentage of the fashion show and so from a financial point of view a certain percentage of thier girls need to be on the runway. I think it is telling though that 14 girls from Women were on this season's Prada runway, that's A LOT. Natasha P, Georgina S, Isabelia F, Joudan D, Kasia S, Alyona O, Alana Z, Natalia Chabaneko, Vlada R, Alana K(?), Daiana C, Hanna Gaby O, Suvi K, and one girl who I can't remember but you get the idea.

V.I.P.

^Alana Kuznetsova is IMG

30-03-2008
fashion icon

Yeah I thought so, Thanks Bianca, so who are the other two girls?

V.I.P.

Amanda Laine is the only other from Women that I can think of.

Others:

Cato (IMG), Kamila (IMG), Anabela (IMG), Irina (IMG), Lara (IMG), Anna (IMG), Angela (IMG), Anouck (IMG), Stam (IMG), Guinevieve (IMG), Marina (IMG), Freja (IMG), Heidi (IMG), Catherine (Why Not), Ali (Why Not), Elise (Why Not), Eden Clark (D'Management), Sara (?).

So IMG actually had 13 too.

30-03-2008
V.I.P.

Actually no, I forgot to include Alana K.... So IMG had 14, Women had 13.

30-03-2008
fashion icon

Wow, thanks Bianca, well if there were no bribes there's definately some kind of dominance/monopoly conspiracy, we all know IMG girls usually get the Prada campaign (Lily, Gemma, Daria, Irina, Anabella and Sasha) so is that why girls like Siri and Meghan who were rumoured to get the campaigns didn't? Anna Selezneva is a gorgeous girl, I thought she'd definately be at Prada this season and I think she would have looked great in the line up, but she doesn't have a strong New York agency, then again neither did Adina F, but then she was with IMG Paris.

Last edited by carmen_kass; 30-03-2008 at 01:46 PM.
30-03-2008
V.I.P.

if it's not a bribe, which i have a feeling it might be, it could just be that img and women have the best models.

31-03-2008
V.I.P.

The girls from Women dominate a lot of the shows.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
prada, significance, walking