Who Should Be the Next Supermodels? - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-08-2009
front row

Who Should Be the Next Supermodels?
I believe that, in these times of Recession, Fashion needs that particular interest from many MANY people! The same kind of interest when Linda, Naomi, Christy, Claudia, Cindy, and Kate were the reigning queens of an industry we call "Fashion"

I believe that these 6 young models have what it takes to be the next "Big 6" don't you? .......

Charlotte di Calypso

onemanagement.com

Toni Garrn

oknation.net

Anna Selezneva

teamsugar.com

Jourdan Dunn

glam.com

Karlie Kloss

fashionjournalistinthecity.blogspot.com

Arlenis Sosa Pena

vivafashionblog.com

If you think the there are models that should be included or be replaced with one of the models on my list, feel free to post about it!
I only ask that you do it in a courteous and polite way!

Last edited by classicalbang; 26-08-2009 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Added sources
25-08-2009
fashion icon

^I actually agree with all of them except Arlenis, someone like Monika Jagaciak seems much more likely to be on the right track to supermodel-dom. LOL

trendsetter

I think Karlie Kloss would be the next big thing. I mean, the exposure she gets especially in the American media is overwhelming. And I think with VOGUE at your back, she'll be more recognized.

Confused & Bewildered

Never heard of any of them.

Clearly one of the big names of the near future is Hilary Rhoda. She's already on track to storm into the public eye in a big way and has one of the best chances of becoming known in the way some of the former Supers were.

25-08-2009
MON
V.I.P.

Lara Stone, I mean she's everywhere! I GO FOR LARA STONE

25-08-2009
V.I.P.

There won't be NEXT supermodels ... supermodels' times are over, that belonged to the 90's ...

25-08-2009
V.I.P.

I think girls like Sasha, Daria, Gemma, Lara or even Karlie are defenitely the ones who will be remembered like the supers.

the echo of silence.

Natasha Poly: Shes already a top model. But I think her next top is: Supermodel.

Shes got that walk, that energy, she can draw you in to whatever shes doing, She is IT. Don't need to explain my self much further.

25-08-2009
V.I.P.

^ ^Yes supers although only Gemma is a supermodel, the rest isn't & won't be able to be.

25-08-2009
V.I.P.

^ Well, for me "supermodels" are the girls from that certain era (in the 90's, as you mentioned) like Claudia, Cindy, Naomi etc. so I wouldn't exactly list Gemma with them.
And I also don't think there'll be a nother supermodel-era, but as I said, I'm pretty sure there are a couple of models who will be remembered even in 10 years.

V.I.P.

^ No Gemma is considered a supermodel as far as I know ... It belonged to the 90's but it wasn't literally over after the 90's.

The supermodel is dead, says Claudia Schiffer

Quote:
Last updated at 21:04 03 Setembro 2007

The age of the supermodel is over, according to Claudia Schiffer.
The 37-year-old beauty believes models can no longer achieve the kind of global celebrity she, Naomi Campbell and Cindy Crawford enjoyed in the 1990s.
These days, singers and actresses are as likely to grace the covers of glossy magazines, preventing models from reaching star status, Miss Schiffer told an interviewer in her native Germany.
Scroll down for more
Claudia Schiffer: one of the five original supermodels, says the current generation of models are not major celebrities

"In order to become a supermodel one must be on all the covers all over the world at the same time so that people can recognise the girls.
"That is, for now, not possible, not least because the advertising industry is very much taken nowadays by popstars and actresses. Supermodels like we once were don't exist any more."
There are so many beautiful models around, it is almost impossible for a handful to become real celebrities, Miss Schiffer added in the magazine Fivetonine.
Scroll down for more
The original supermodels: From left to right: Linda Evangelista, Cindy Crawford, Naomi Campbell and Christy Turlington

The model, who has a home in Suffolk-added: "I can remember when I needed four bodyguards to get backstage from a Chanel show just to my car. And that wasn't only me. It just isn't like this any more."
Miss Schiffer believes the Brazilian Gisele Bundchen is one of the few women to have supermodel status today.
"Her face is well known, her name is recognised - but no other girl occurs to me that people in the street would recognise," she said.
Claudia, who lives in the UK, has previously hit out at the trend towards super-thin models.
Scroll down for more
Gisele Bundchen: the only model that Claudia Schiffer currently acknowledges is a superstar

She told the magazine she was glad that their day in the spotlight seems to be receding towards a trend of "glamour and opulence."
She added. "I think and hope that there is a change in the scene, where glamour returns after heroin-chic and discusions about Anorexia.
"Current photo stories in magazines suggest it is going in this direction. Certainly the things I have done recently have been unusually glamorous and beautiful.
"Perhaps this new development can cause a revival of the supermodel as we embodied the image of beauty in the 90's."
She is happy to be working again with Karl Lagerfeld, the genius of Chanel, on a new ad campaign for champagne.
dailymail.co.uk

Last edited by Filipe; 25-08-2009 at 07:08 AM.
25-08-2009
fashion icon

"In order to become a supermodel one must be on all the covers all over the world at the same time so that people can recognise the girls."

Well that's not strictly true, Anna Selezneva is a current model who has been on the covers of Vogue Paris, Russia, China, Nippon, Australia, Italy, and the cover of V Magazine and even before her there's girls like Freja, Daria, Natasha and Gemma who have been on all those covers multiple times and the general public still doesn't know who they are.

V.I.P.

I think Alina Ismailova definitely will be very popular and successful model:

also Anna Selezneva, Abbey Lee and Jac

(viva pics)

25-08-2009
front row

Thanks for Posting on my Thread guys!

On the topic on how the Supermodel is Dead, maybe they are dead! But that doesn't mean that they couldn't be resurrected! And these girls just show that, even when they're very young, the could still kick a** and look like the sh** the way the 90's Supermodels did it!

But I very much value the opinion of my fellow TFS members!

front row

Magdalena Frackowiak just because of the whole "structured vibe fashion has these days", and that jaw line is razor sharp. But dreamy

Tags
supermodels