Who Will Sweep Up the Fall/Winter 2018 Shows? - Page 3 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-02-2018
V.I.P.

Adut Akech, Imari Karanja, Loane Normand, Sarah Dahl, & Yoonmi Sun

fashion elite

Kaia will probably open/close a million shows. The girls that will slay for sure i think are Adut, Kris, Aube, Cara, Gisele, Fran, Hiandra..and as usual, the slayage clan: Kiki, Lineisy, Selena, Sora, Yasmin, Vitto, Binx, Vitto...

07-02-2018
front row

As for comebacks? I hope Julia Banas comes back to runway.

08-02-2018
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseup View Post
Kaia will probably open/close a million shows. The girls that will slay for sure i think are Adut, Kris, Aube, Cara, Gisele, Fran, Hiandra..and as usual, the slayage clan: Kiki, Lineisy, Selena, Sora, Yasmin, Vitto, Binx, Vitto...
In Milan that might be quite possible along with Gigi and Bella opening/closing shows (you can't escape the Hadids in Milan, that's a rule). Fairly possible in Paris as well.

Last edited by Runabout; 08-02-2018 at 08:48 PM.
12-02-2018
backstage pass

Its kind of hard to see who is actualky doing well in New York because there not a lot of top quality shows IMO.

12-02-2018
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeohRocks View Post
Its kind of hard to see who is actualky doing well in New York because there not a lot of top quality shows IMO.
I totally agree. I think it's premature to judge if someone is "fading" or "flopping" if they're not walking the right shows in New York. We still have 3 cities left and I'm sure some of the girls will show up in Europe.

backstage pass

Quote:
I know right? We'll have to wait until Milan and Paris kick in

The actual leader in my spreadsheet did small shows which I don't think would qualify as "doing well" per se. Haven't got the chance to update yesterday's shows because I had a lot to work on.

12-02-2018
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Style Savvy View Post
I totally agree. I think it's premature to judge if someone is "fading" or "flopping" if they're not walking the right shows in New York. We still have 3 cities left and I'm sure some of the girls will show up in Europe.
Because Europe pays better!!!! Lol

Im not sure if London is a good indication either. Usually some of top 10 girls with the most shows in London arent usually the ones who end up doing well in Milan and Paris also.

V.I.P.

Yes and less shows in general... Paris has less shows this season as well... I guess we'll never see again models walking 70+ shows a season, this time's over.

12-02-2018
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runabout View Post
I know right? We'll have to wait until Milan and Paris kick in

The actual leader in my spreadsheet did small shows which I don't think would qualify as "doing well" per se. Haven't got the chance to update yesterday's shows because I had a lot to work on.
You work hard every season! Its ok! Weve been doing this for years. Lol

Remember when they had Donna Karan (and DKNY), Tommy Hilfiger and Altuzarra. Who else is gone?

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentine27 View Post
Yes and less shows in general... Paris has less shows this season as well... I guess we'll never see again models walking 70+ shows a season, this time's over.
Yes! The I think the last ones to go over 60 was Waleska, Maartje, Alexandra Elizabeth and Julia B in 2015. During NYFW they already had around 20 shows each. Now the top girls barely have 5 so far.

Last edited by YeohRocks; 12-02-2018 at 10:37 AM.
12-02-2018
V.I.P.

Quote:
Remember when they had Donna Karan (and DKNY), Tommy Hilfiger and Altuzarra. Who else is gone?
I have in mind Zac Posen, Diane von Furstenberg, Rag & Bone, Rodarte that are not doing runway this season.. Paris won't have Céline, Mugler, Barbara Bui, Alexis Mabille, Ungaro... Also, what happened to BCBG MaxAzria?! I have been wondering this for years. It was the ultimate "kickoff of the Fashion Month" and the biggest casting. And the walkers would have usually appeared to be the top walkers of the season...

12-02-2018
backstage pass

Quote:
I have in mind Zac Posen, Diane von Furstenberg, Rag & Bone, Rodarte that are not doing runway this season.. Paris won't have Céline, Mugler, Barbara Bui, Alexis Mabille, Ungaro... Also, what happened to BCBG MaxAzria?! I have been wondering this for years. It was the ultimate "kickoff of the Fashion Month" and the biggest casting. And the walkers would have usually appeared to be the top walkers of the season...
BCBG did a presentation.

They havent been doing well financially lately and had to close a lot of stores.

rising star

i think it's too early to cast judgement yet for example ..on our team we have Zwaan Bijl ,Faretta ,Alex Micu & Matea Brakus all not in NYC who are gonna do most of the work in London, Milano & Paris ...the days of models walking 60 shows in fashion month are over...the global dynamics of fashion has sifted significantly & the self life of models is getting shorter & shorter ..New faces cost less that plays a huge factor economically from a brand perspective..it's about quality not quantity ..20 big shows a season is success nowadays.. that's just the reality of the fashion game today ..just my perspective that's all ...

Last edited by Scouting Snapper; 12-02-2018 at 11:32 AM.
12-02-2018
V.I.P.

Quote:
Also, what happened to BCBG MaxAzria?! I have been wondering this for years. It was the ultimate "kickoff of the Fashion Month" and the biggest casting. And the walkers would have usually appeared to be the top walkers of the season...
They vanished into thin air, just like Russell Marsh who made all those models a star.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2018, fall or winter, shows, sweep