How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-03-2004
rising star

Amsterdam - Vintage Shopping
I'll have to be in Amsterdam for a few days next week... I'll be working but I'm sure I'll manage some shopping escapade.

So where should I go to for vintage clothing?

16-03-2004
flaunt the imperfection

someone else may be able to give you more specifics, but i really just wandered around and found some amazingly cool vintage stuff...especially leather...very good prices...also there's a shop somewhere that sells a lot of belgian designers and is very cool...have a good trip..

16-03-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by softgrey@Mar 16th, 2004 - 1:03 pm
also there's a shop somewhere that sells a lot of belgian designers and is very cool...have a good trip..
The one right on canal, corner building?! That store looked like a real deal, too bad we came across it in the late evening - it was closed.

Gudmun, let me dig around in my Wallpaper magazine stash tonight (if I don't forget), they had a great article on Amsterdam shopping a while back.

16-03-2004
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally posted by faust+Mar 16th, 2004 - 1:38 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(faust @ Mar 16th, 2004 - 1:38 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-softgrey@Mar 16th, 2004 - 1:03 pm
also there's a shop somewhere that sells a lot of belgian designers and is very cool...have a good trip..
The one right on canal, corner building?! That store looked like a real deal, too bad we came across it in the late evening - it was closed.
[/b][/quote]
yes!---that's the one...it was closed when i found it too, but luckily we had enough time to stop in the next am before we left...boyfriend bought me a bee-yoo-tee-full dries ruffle skirt there....one of my favorite things....

if you can figure it out gudmun, you should really check it out...they also had TONS of amazing jurgi pieces...

17-03-2004
rising star

Quote:
Originally posted by faust@Mar 16th, 2004 - 1:38 pm

Gudmun, let me dig around in my Wallpaper magazine stash tonight (if I don't forget), they had a great article on Amsterdam shopping a while back.
Thanks!

19-03-2004
rising star

Any other thoughts? Anyone?

19-03-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by Gudmun@Mar 19th, 2004 - 5:34 am
Any other thoughts? Anyone?
Oh, crap, I keep forgetting to look. I have to leave myself a message or something! I'm sorry.

19-03-2004
backstage pass

That shop is called
Van Ravenstein
Keizersgracht 359
1016EJ Amsterdam
0031 (0)20-6390067

In that area there are several vintage and new clothingstores, I'll see if I can find a link to a map of that area

19-03-2004
backstage pass

Here's a link in english Shopping

I hope it's helpfull!

25-03-2004
rising star

Thanx!

25-03-2004
V.I.P.

Gudmun, I finally remembered to look in my stash, but that was an article about interior decorating shopping, not clothes. Sorry!

25-03-2004
rising star

Quote:
Originally posted by faust@Mar 25th, 2004 - 11:02 am
Gudmun, I finally remembered to look in my stash, but that was an article about interior decorating shopping, not clothes. Sorry!
Thanx anyway

25-03-2004
etre soi-meme

i've heard that Amsterdam is THE place for vintage in Europe, sad but i havent been there YET

hope you find lots of vintage and share cool addresses with us Gudmun
enjoy your trip

27-03-2004
Stitch:the Hand

I've been wanting to make a more formal trip of Amsterdam rather than just the airport for some time.

There's one vintage shop,I hear,that's quite popular called: 'Lady Day'. I don't know the street address or anything, but it seems that's where almost all of Am'dam's fashion crowd heads to when on a budget and looking for some 'special' things.

And Soft and Faust**,how was Van Ravenstein? They recently opened a flagship,or whatever its called,in Berlin. Not just Belgians,they sell,but they manage to squeeze in a couple of their very own.

27-03-2004
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott@Mar 27th, 2004 - 9:55 am
I've been wanting to make a more formal trip of Amsterdam rather than just the airport for some time.

There's one vintage shop,I hear,that's quite popular called: 'Lady Day'. I don't know the street address or anything, but it seems that's where almost all of Am'dam's fashion crowd heads to when on a budget and looking for some 'special' things.

And Soft and Faust**,how was Van Ravenstein? They recently opened a flagship,or whatever its called,in Berlin. Not just Belgians,they sell,but they manage to squeeze in a couple of their very own.
scott---they had tons of jurgi...that's where i saw a lot of his stuff...it was that amazing collection with all the strips of fabric...about 3 yrs ago...the work on these things was amazing...

also carried-dries, ann, margiela,
i remember the staff was very cool
i also bought a magazine there called baby---it was a cool mag...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
amsterdam, shopping, vintage