How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-03-2005
V.I.P.

iSpot, thanks for that! I knew I hit a lot of stores in Antwerp, but I see that I missed a few good ones. Het Zeid was definitely awesome - wonderful architecture along the river, straight out of an architecture magazine! Is Little Buddha still open? We had dinner and drinks there, it was a sweet place, very friendly.

One of the few pictures I took in Antwerp.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Antwerp.jpg (61.8 KB, 60 views)

23-03-2005
scenester

Wow! Damn I see I missed a lot.. too bad! But I'll be back soon.. I only have to drive 1,5 hour by car.. that rocks! Thanks for all the info!

23-03-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademoiselle*
Wow! Damn I see I missed a lot.. too bad! But I'll be back soon.. I only have to drive 1,5 hour by car.. that rocks! Thanks for all the info!
All right, you, the Belgians and Dutch - stop robbing it in

23-03-2005
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by faust
All right, you, the Belgians and Dutch - stop robbing it in
Don't you dare to complain!! You live in NYC.. I'd KILL to be there for only one second!!! (well okay.. a month sounds better..) It's my ultimate place to go!

23-03-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallianoke
there is? heuh waar da? en verkopen ze prada in dany may ?
I think you should talk in english as this is an english board
The shop which sells lanvin/jill sander is in the somewhere in the half of the street (you have to take a few steps to enter the shop). And Dany May doesn't sell prada but d&g, r.cavalli,plain sud and tod's sorry

23-03-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademoiselle*
Don't you dare to complain!! You live in NYC.. I'd KILL to be there for only one second!!! (well okay.. a month sounds better..) It's my ultimate place to go!
the grass is greener on the other side. i'd swap the only ann demeulemeester store in the world for the entire barneys

23-03-2005
Stitch:the Hand

Labels Inc.....I was mad when I found out that place opened AFTER I left. Could've saved a me a bit of money...actually alot of places I notice opened after I left.

Places I loved...goodness...I love Louis and Walter and Naughty I is brilliant as well for second-hand. They've a excellent selection of vintage Burberry trenches....and I bought a gorgeous YSL biker jacket there for 40(I've mentioned it before,I know!! ) Anna Heylen also has a sweet little shop at Lombardenvest 44....just a door or two from APC.

Stephen Schneider,Christoph Broich,Cocodrillo(shoe galore!),CDG/Yamamoto/[and now]Undercover...

Faust,what street is that...I recognize it! You people are making me terribly homesick...yes I said home

24-03-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Faust,what street is that...I recognize it! You people are making me terribly homesick...yes I said home
I hear you loud and clear. This is the main drag that starts at the train station. The gorgeous woman in the middle is my then-girlfriend now-wife.

25-03-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Labels Inc.....I was mad when I found out that place opened AFTER I left. Could've saved a me a bit of money...actually alot of places I notice opened after I left.

Places I loved...goodness...I love Louis and Walter and Naughty I is brilliant as well for second-hand. They've a excellent selection of vintage Burberry trenches....and I bought a gorgeous YSL biker jacket there for 40(I've mentioned it before,I know!! ) Anna Heylen also has a sweet little shop at Lombardenvest 44....just a door or two from APC.

Stephen Schneider,Christoph Broich,Cocodrillo(shoe galore!),CDG/Yamamoto/[and now]Undercover...

That's de Meir, main street with high street shops...I also love Naughty I!! I spend most of my teen years there

25-03-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpot
jaja, echte antwerpse (yes I live in this city)

ps there's also a nice shop @ schuttershofstraat, forgot the name but they sell jill sander and lanvin
that will be Balieri => Schuttershofstraat 21

25-03-2005

de Meir...ah yes! See,I must return as I'm beginning to lose all the valuble details. Of course,I spent most time in the central part of town so I remember it a bit more clearly. Kammenstraat(walked that street every single day from where I was staying on Terninckstraat);Nationalestraat,Groenplaats,Schutt ershofstraat(as mentioned)Lombardenvest,Steenhouwersvest. Those are all my old stomping grounds,if you will.

I hope when I do return,it'll be permanent.

28-03-2005
backstage pass

Oh how do I love Antwerp! Pretty much all the great shops I could think of were mentioned here. The Kammenstraat seems to be adding lots of new shops lately, since it's becoming more and more popular. Oh and for Viktor&Rolf lovers: go to Princess Blue, there are always some collection pieces to be found there!

At Closing Date you will find Vivienne Westwood jewelry as well as her clothes, Dsquared, La Fille D'O and I think Andrew Mc Kenzie but I'm not to sure on that one .

04-04-2005
front row

we do need a chanel and dior store!

Whatever happened to Gert Motmans and Tom De Poortere's(ex-Academy students)shop I'TM? Did they close it? I noticed on the ModeNatie web site the address is no longer there.

06-04-2005
flaunt the imperfection

it's about time we had this thread really...
thanks for all the great info guys...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
antwerp, shopping