How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-05-2005
rising star

Barcelona Vintage Shopping
Within two months I'm going to Barcelona and I would need to know the greatest spots to shop. Not to expensive and a lot of vintagem, because I adore vintage.

Also some nice places to lounge ot chill are welcome aswell. Please help me, and tell me all the things that are really worth visiting! And shopping will be the #1 thing on the list. Oh, Gaudi. I've already visit that! Great!

Thanks already and all the places and adresses are welcome!

25-05-2005
Naturellement pulpeuse

Quote:
I've already visit that!
All of it? 'Cause there's a bloody lot of it. Well if you've done Gaudi then you can start on Domenech at the Palau Musica Catalana. But I see Yppe in this thread so I'm sure some better advice is coming...

trendsetter

Well, I could tell you many places, but I'll begin with vintage.
Barcelona is not a great place for vintage but there are some shops in a street called Riera Baixa, going down along Las Ramblas a street on the right, you'll have to look for it on a map. In that street is where all vintage shops are concentred: There is an expensive one, "Le Swing" which sells designer vintage, but there also are other shops much cheaper with second-hand clothes, lots of 60's and 70's stuff.

There's also a famous shop called "El camello"(is an ancient building with an sculpture of a camel in the entrance), in the street Portaferrissa, which used to have a second-hand section on the 2nd floor, I don't know if it's there yet.

Finally, there is a so expensive shop called "La Gauche Divine", adress: Passatge de la Pau, 7. It's difficult to find so this is its website, with a map:
www.lagauchedivine.com

It's not only vintage, also young designers, but has a vintage section (but it's so expensive)

25-05-2005
trendsetter

Places to see, there are a lot, but I'm going to tell you my preferences.

Firstly, some neighbourhoods that I like and are interesting: the Born, with a lot of shops, restaurants and some museums (Picasso, or an ancient market with XVIIIth century houses ruins inside found recently).
Also Gracia, which begins at the end of the Passeig de Gracia and has a ot of Modern style buildings smaller and not as known as Gaudi's or the big ones. Is a traditional residential neighbourhood.

I don't understand exactly what do you mean with place to lounge or rest, if you could explain it...

25-05-2005
trendsetter

And Gracia and the Born both have, in my opinion, the best nightlife in the city.(not discos or big clubs, but music-bars, pubs and small concert places) The first one is cheaper and younger, and the second one is more fashionable and expensive.

03-02-2006
rising star

Hi, I am going to Barcelona at the end of March. I am not sure what clothes to bring with me for evening. Can anyone give me some advice? Thanks.

Last edited by BTLover; 03-02-2006 at 06:00 AM.
18-06-2006
trendsetter

Barcelona shopping..
Hey

I was wondering if anyone knew any cute/vintage shops in Barcelona as every time I go there I end up on the high street.
Just wanted some variety

Any info would be much appreciated!

trendsetter

There is a street in the ancient part of Barcelona where are located almost all the vintage shops in the city. It's called Riera Baixa in the Raval.

The best shops are Le Swing and Smart&Clean. But there are some other shops in the same street and area.

This shop is inetresting too, it's not all vintage, but it has a really good vintage section, thought expensive. The website has a map
http://www.lagauchedivine.com/

Hope I've helped you

24-06-2006
trendsetter

Ah thank you so much!
Karma!

V.I.P.

Barcelona Shopping
Hi!

I'm going on a class trip to Barcelona in early september to admire this beautiful city. (I'm studying city planning.) I thought I'd also take advantage of the shopping facilities while I'm there. Can you recommend any good shops or streets/centers where I can find them?

I'm male and like everything from Dolce & Gabbana and DSquared2 to Lacoste and Hugo Boss.

I really hope someone can help me .. Thanks in advance!

23-07-2006
backstage pass

Go to the Born neighbourhood, very cute indie shops with designers labels, you´ll like it for sure!

05-08-2006
trendsetter

I don't know much about male clothes shopping, but I agree, go to the Born, and also to the smaller and less important streets in the Gothic neighbourhood (Avinyó is a street with good shops for both men and women clothing).

For designer and labels that you mentioned the streets are Passeig de Gràcia and Diagonal and the area that surround those streets.

05-08-2006
V.I.P.

Thank you both so much.

11-08-2006
fashion elite

Passeig de Gràcia.

Have you been in Madrid? Well it is similar to Paseo de la Castellana, they don't look anything alike but have the same sort of international shops you find everywhere in the world.

I was in Barcelona during late june and loved it and I had no problems finding my way to everyplace since I speak fluent spanish anyway.

PopWillEatItself

Anyone knows where I can find designers like Ann Demeulemeester, Comme des Garcons, Junya Watanabe, Margiela and in general of the Belgian or Japanese aesthetic, in Barcelona?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
barcelona, shopping