How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-12-2005
Stitch:the Hand

There's alsp Little Red Riding Hood(or LRRH as they normally go by)at Quatier 206 on Fredrichstrasse. They got one of the best designed super-boutiques in Berlin. As well as having their own house-label,they carry pieces by Alexander McQueen,Chalayan,Helle Mardahl(Danish print/fashion designer) and German label Firma. For some self-promotion,I'm in correspondence with owner Daniela Goergens as they're interested in buying pieces by me As well,they also have a line of high-top Nike sneakers designed exclusively for LRRH.

Last edited by Scott; 13-12-2005 at 03:30 PM.

14-12-2005
backstage pass

yes, i'm going too in early january. keep your ideas coming pretty please. thanks to all who have contributed so far!

12-01-2006
windowshopping

Berlin shopping tips
Hey Guys!
I'm moving from Sweden to Berlin for a few months in two weeks and am wondering where I should go for some good, personal shopping. Are there any good second hand/vintage shops or markets similar to Camden and Portobello in London?
I'd appreciate any tips, and a webpage would be great so I can check it out.

Take care

12-01-2006
windowshopping

oops, I just nitoced there's a sub-forum Shop by city... Maybe the mods can move this thread?

Also: which part of Berlin is considered to be the trendiest/ coolest?

12-01-2006
windowshopping

Hi... the coolest parts of Berlin where all the scenesters and hipsters are around is the area around Prenzlauer Berg. Friedrichshain, Kreuzberg and Berlin Mitte are also interesting. Once you are there you won't miss the cool shops.

12-01-2006
windowshopping

If you are looking for young Berlin designers, go to www.berlinerklamotten.de!

14-01-2006
Storm & Sommer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandarine
Hi... the coolest parts of Berlin where all the scenesters and hipsters are around is the area around Prenzlauer Berg. Friedrichshain, Kreuzberg and Berlin Mitte are also interesting. Once you are there you won't miss the cool shops.
Yeah that's what I heard - Glad to have it confirmed - since I booked a hotel in Prenzlauer for my weekend break.

16-01-2006
windowshopping

Ok that's cool, the course I will be going to is actually in Prenzlauer. yippi!

10-02-2006
windowshopping

Berlin shopping
Hello. I#ve moved to Berlin now and I have to admit that the shopping here is crap!
I went to Garage and it wasn't chic or vintage or anything like that at all, it was just crap and it smellt lite ****.

Shopping in Berlin is not good, the fashion here is more alternative than chic a la paris, London, New york. Not even the alternative fashion is good unfortunately. Plus Berlin doesn#t have a clear shopping disctrict because it's a relatively young capital, also due to the was and the Berlin wall. Sorry to break it to you all....

10-02-2006
There is only Karl

Mona1:
Hope you enjoy your stay inspite of this in Berlin
I'd suggest you going shopping at Friedrichstraße- there's Quartier206 with all well-known designers, but also cheaper shops like H&M or some other chains+department stores. Have you already been there?

03-03-2006
Storm & Sommer

In 2 weeks I'm going to Berlin for a weekend trip with a girlfriend sans kids..

I've been told that there is a huge textil market somewhere in Berlin, which I think my friend would like to see since she sews so much. Any idea which market this might be and where it is located ?

Any good restaurant/cafe recommendations would also be greatly appreciated !

03-03-2006
backstage pass

I went to do research i Berlin some month ago and I was highly surprised! It was the first time there (strange) and I found it so spacy, light, colorful and fresh...A lot of wonderful shops, cute little places where young designers sell their stuff, great street-art..a bit like Barcelona but bigger and colder..It's huge..
I went to a nice place called Zoes, to eat..close to Alexanderplatz..close to "Apartement" (i think the name was..expensive but nice stuff) really good.."king Kong Club" for beer and sixties music...Whatever...wherever I went I found really great places..Nice people too..even if a lot of them don't speak english...

03-03-2006
backstage pass

http://www.misskittin.com/links/content.html

On this site you can find some bars ecc...

03-03-2006
Storm & Sommer

Thank you emi

05-03-2006
front row

o.k. i'm waiting for the oscars to start and don't know what to do with myself, so here you all go. some tips for you guys

shopping by area

mitte: (around "hackescher markt").

the streets to wander are münzstrasse, alte schönhauser strasse (not neue schönhauser, really), mulackstrasse and rosa-luxemburg-strasse. in this area you'll find, for ex:

acne: münzstrasse
a.p.c.: mulackstr.
andreas murkudis: münzstr.
apartment: memhardtstr. (off-alexanderplatz)
best shop: alte schönhauser str. 6
bless: mulackstr.
blush dessous: rosa-luxemburg-str.
ulf haines: rosa-luxemburg-str.
soma: alte schönhauser str.
tools & gallery (t&g): alte schönhauser str.

also take a taxi to: cdg guerilla, karl-marx-allee 78 (closing march 19), near it is another temporary store "berliner klamotten" selling local designers but with a lot of crap also

mitte (around friedrichstrasse)

quartier 206 departmenstore: friedrichstr. 71 http://www.departmentstore-quartier206.com/
in the same building/passage stores by lv, ysl, gucci, etro, la perla, céline, bottega veneta...

q206 is totally worth a visit but don't waste your time wandering up or down friedrichstrasse, it's a waste of time (exept hermès has a nice shop). lafayette is next to q206 but it's not nearly as luxurious as in paris.

the former head of q206 departmentstore has just opened a great new concept space "the corner berlin" at gendarmenmarkt/markgrafenstrasse (near the regent hotel). they stock galliano, alaia, mouret, balenciaga and great furniture.

o.k. that's what i can think of right now. all locations are in "east berlin".

as for west berlin, the showy flagships are still in the west, on ku'damm/kurfürstendamm (b/w knesebeckstr. and adenauerplatz) if one's into chanel, valentino. lv, rykiel, and so on.
but jil sander has a very nice shop (ku'damm 185). and harvey's, just off-ku'damm on bleibtreustrasse, next door to piaget is a tiny tiny but nice menswear shop selling the japanese and artsy stuff (miyake, number (n)ine).

Last edited by nikos; 05-03-2006 at 07:23 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
berlin, shopping