How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-03-2006
There is only Karl

Hanne, i'm quite sure you mean KaDeWe that's a huge store where you can find everything you desire- have a look at the cosmetics, you'll find a huge variety there!
one of the best-located boroughs is 'Mitte' with its large shopping street Ku'damm (you find different brands there- from Chanel, Burberry to Zara, H&M and others).
Enjoy Berlin

07-03-2006
Storm & Sommer

Thank you nikos and *DiamondQueen* - not sure KaDeWe is the market I've been told about.. I think it's a turkish textil market that's supposedly extremely cheap ?

08-03-2006
There is only Karl

you're very welcome, Hanne
look at www.kadewe.de
by the way the address of KaDeWe is Taurentzienstr. 21-24 (very central) ...as it's Europe's biggest department store KaDeWe is worth a visit in any case!(they sell about 2000 brands there on many floors)

08-03-2006
backstage pass

i wanna go back to berlin and SHOP

20-03-2006
Storm & Sommer

Great place to eat :
PIZZERIA I DUE FORNI Schönhauser Allee 12 10119 Berlin (u-bahn stop : senefelderplatz) - Cheap, great, fun, noisy and gooood food (pizza the way it should be).

KaDeWe - If you're expecting a german version of Harrods, Selfridge etc..this is not it.. The clothing selection was sub par.. The cosmetics section was okay.

Sewing - if you're into sewing there is a dirt cheap textile and Turkish delicacy market every tuesday and friday from 12:00 - 18:30 at Maybachufer (u-bahn stop: Schönleinstrasse).

12-05-2006
front row

I'll be visiting Berlin in the end of this May.
I'd love to do some shopping. Especially jeans or shoes.
Comparing to UK or Sweden, does anyone know if the jeans are often cheaper or expensiver?
Are there any chic brands that I should look for, in jeans? Or is it better to buy jeans in Sweden.

Are there any good, but a bit cheap stores that sell really nice clothes? Something like H&M or topshop.

18-05-2006
front row

For the swedes, there's this Berlin shopping special in the Cosmopolitan june issue. It made me hopeful again, about finding something beautiful when I'm visiting Berlin.

They recommended the Blush store. They wrote that it's a spectacular underwearstore. Does anyone have any knowledge of it? Quality, prices.. etc.

19-08-2006
scenester

I'm going to Berlin next week, I love it! I don't know the city that well, but I have a few tips: on Rosenthaler Strasse, and around that area, there are many funky smaller shops. They mostly sell sporty, designer streetwear though, which isn't really my style, but if you look there are great clothes just waiting to be found! There's also a really good restaurant (though a bit expensive) called Pan Asian in the Hackeschen Maerkten which serves great sushi rolls Finally, though the Ku'damm has all the shops you could ever want, there's not much atmosphere and it's usually pretty crowded. I prefer the East Berlin neighborhoods, like Prenzlauer Berg, which are trendier but less crowded.

10-01-2007
front row

I had an amazing time at the Departmentstore Quartier 206 mentioned here. They have top notch brands and an excellent sales staff who knows when to give you space.

I've written more about it for Stylebites. Check it out here.

01-03-2007
front row

nearly all amazing shops in berlin are mentioned here there are only two i want to add:

the corner
AM GENDARMENMARKT
FRANZÖSISCHE STR. 40
( in the area of friedrichstraße)

and

duong l lee

gormannstraße 24
ecke mulackstraße( in the area of hackescher markt )

the corner : amazing big shop where you can buy clothes from international in-labels , books and magazines about art & lifestyle , mobile phones , ipods and other cool trendy stuff. there's also a yummy restaurant in the shop.

duong l lee :
amazing little new shop with hand-crafted , elegant , beautiful clothes. you have to go there. it's worth it. the designers are very nice and the clothes include also lots of evening dresses.

08-03-2007
tfs star

Just booked to go to Berlin in the week before easter with the fella! We can't wait to get some shopping in.

09-03-2007
V.I.P.

I'm going to Berlin next week, does anyone have any good vintage (very cheap!) shopping addresses? Thanks ever so much.

01-04-2007
Storm & Sommer

New shop for CdG lovers.. http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...lin-55321.html

pinterest : hanneonpin
27-06-2007
rising star

for all berlin visitors who wanna go shopping in berlin and wanna find some fashion (brands) outta berlin, you should check out this site here.
it is helping me a lot...even though i am kinda from berlin

www.berlinerklamotten.com

btw. Hackescher Markt/Höfe is a great place to go shopping...more of small shops with individual fashion situated in the center and couple of cafes.

13-07-2007
scenester

I'm in Berlin right now I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned the Kastanienallee and the Oderbergerstrasse. Both are in Prenzlauer Berg (East all the way!) and have a few fun vintage, kitsch and retro shops like Skunkfunk, which I think represent Berlin style very well. More fun to hang out than do serious shopping at, though.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
berlin, shopping