How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-04-2011
scenester

It's been asked quite a few times but: can anyone recommend any vintage/second hand shops in Berlin? That aren't Garage.

Also, I'm going in July/August. Do shops close in Berlin like they do in say...Paris over the summer?

15-04-2011
windowshopping

Hey, my parents are going to Berlin in the next few days and I was wondering are stores close on Good Friday or Easter (I'm not familiar with those holidays)?
Also can you recommend any stores that are in the price range of h&m, zara etc but are less familiar?
Oh and one last question – do you have "Intimissimi" over there? I usually buy their stuff when I'm in Europe and I couldn't find any information on their website regarding store locations.

Thank you very much!

15-04-2011
scenester

Hi,

shops are closed on Karfreitag (Easter Friday?) and Ostermontag (Easter Monday?)

During the summer, shops aren`t closed like in Paris, don`t worry!

17-04-2011
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotti View Post
Hi,

shops are closed on Karfreitag (Easter Friday?) and Ostermontag (Easter Monday?)

During the summer, shops aren`t closed like in Paris, don`t worry!

This is so depressing because I heard that shopping is great in Berlin…L
On which dates do these holidays occur?

18-04-2011
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi87 View Post
On which dates do these holidays occur?
It´s next weekend - Friday 22nd and Monday 25th.

04-08-2011
scenester

Just got back from Berlin & had a great time from the tips found on this thread!

Thought I'd add some of my own though...

If you head over to the West (which I would recommend for contrast alone) in Charlottenburg there's one street: Suarezstrasse, which is full of antique shops & is having a festival or something at the beginning of September (I think) where they close the street & have like an antique fair.

The best shop was Tony Durante's. Not only was his stock meticulously vetted & perfect (every piece I wanted to take home) but he was absolutely lovely too. He told us stories about every piece, gave me tips on starting my own shop, told us about serving Kate Moss in his London store & showed us garments he never even put out to sell because they were so special too him. It is more pricey than most vintage shops in Berlin, but they're completely justified because they are properly quality pieces.

Also I would say that if you go to Mauerpark market, to go to Arkonaplatz market first, it's much smaller but most of the stock is better quality (I got a 40s silk dress for €30) & it's less touristy too.

Also, whilst I would recommend Garage, I would stay away from Made In Berlin & Colours, they're by the same people, but they're overpriced, bad quality & practically on every corner. I prefer to work a bit harder for my clothes, but I was really unimpressed! Plus the Bauhaus Archiv is really near Garage, which was properly amazing.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonpeg View Post
Also, I'm going in July/August. Do shops close in Berlin like they do in say...Paris over the summer?
I didnt know shops close over summer in Paris?

Tags
berlin, shopping