How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-06-2007
V.I.P.

Bordeaux Shopping
Hi, i'm going to bordeaux this summer and since i've never been there or heard much about it i was wondering if anyone here could help me with some shopping tips.

Thanks in advance

13-06-2007
backstage pass

I haven't been to Bordeaux myself, but I took this little tidbit from CNTraveller.com

Quote:
SHOPPING
For clothing, go to rue Ste-Catherine, the smarter cours de l'Intendance, and the area to its north, known as le Triangle, confined by cours Georges Clemenceau and Allées de Tourny. For food, head for the area around place des Grands-Hommes, which has a market. For antiques, try along rue Bouffard, near the Musée des Arts Décoratifs, and the rue Notre Dame, near Les Chartrons
Might be somewhere to start. Also, if you know of any French designers that you like, check out their webpage and see if they have any stockists in Bordeaux?

15-06-2007
V.I.P.

Thank you so much

15-06-2007
V.I.P.

Karma for you

30-06-2007
backstage pass

In Bordeaux one of the very best shops are Christian Lacroix in Rue du Temple. Also in Rue du Temple you have this shoes shop with really nice stuff (Lacroix and Givenchy) almost in front of the CL boutique. In one of the main streets you can see Hermes and By Terry, also around is Natacha a very cute boutique with Prada, Sonia Rykiel and Marc Jacobs. There´s also a small shopping center called Boulevard du grandes hommes with some boutiques (Agatha that I can remember).
In Rue Saint Catherine you will find galleries Lafayette and Sephora among some other dozens of shops and in one of the streets crossing you will find the Tara Jarmon boutique, with one the nicest shops assistants I´ve ever met.
I recommend you to go there in a really good mood, Bordeaux is the most unfriendly city I´ve ever been to (except for the Tara Jarmon girls).

06-07-2007
trendsetter

when i go to bordeaux I only visit lafayette. the other stores(such as prada, marc jacobs etc...) are way too expensive for me, and the rest is (mostly) just rubbish.(imo)

scenester

I'm going to Bordeaux next spring semester, and from some internet research, it seems there is a small Louis Vuitton, an Hermes of unknown size, a Cartier, and a Montblanc, but beyond that I don't know. Any particular stores good for guys??? Any help is appreciated!

V.I.P.

anything anyone else can add?

V.I.P.

^Bordeaux shopping guide online ...
http://www.bordeaux-shopping.com/POC2/default.asp

and this - in french :
http://www.baleinesouscaillou.fr/les...ng-a-bordeaux/

Last edited by BerlinRocks; 22-08-2009 at 02:03 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bordeaux, shopping