How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-06-2006
trendsetter

ahh I just called the Bleecker store, the guy said they were sold out in all the MJ stores across the country!

I'll try Barneys now..

edit..argh.. Barneys doesn't have them.

Last edited by fashion_boi_01; 24-06-2006 at 12:48 PM.

02-07-2006
V.I.P.

Ok, I have some BAD news to report, lol. I went to Boston yesterday to get some of those 9.99$ shirts at H&M, and guess what, THEY were ALL OUT. I cannot believe it. I was ready to get like 15 of them because they're so cheap and they fit me so well and now I don't know what I'm going to do. Does anybody know any other place where I can get some cheap slim fit shirts?

02-07-2006
still here

^which H & M did you go to? I was at the one at the Cambridgeside Galleria yesterday and they had tons of t-shirts.

02-07-2006
V.I.P.

No, not the t-shirts, the dressy shirts. I went to the one on Newburry and the Downtown Crossing one.

10-07-2006
V.I.P.

louis boston sale going on now.

20-07-2006
still here

This isn't about shopping but since this is where Bostonians congregate...

Anyone know a tailor really skilled with fur, or a place that does quality fur restoration? I have a great coat from my grandmother that would be extremely cute if it weren't way too huge on me, I'd love to be able to use it. Anyone have suggestions?

20-07-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mundodabolsa
This isn't about shopping but since this is where Bostonians congregate...

Anyone know a tailor really skilled with fur, or a place that does quality fur restoration? I have a great coat from my grandmother that would be extremely cute if it weren't way too huge on me, I'd love to be able to use it. Anyone have suggestions?
hi, go down to the fur department at filenes basement downtown. (although its in the basement its owned by another company) they can help!!

20-07-2006
girl who fell to earth

^^ speaking of fur.. does anyone know how something like that would cost? my mom has a fur coat that just drowns her.. not too mention the weirdo 80s cut of the coat (big shoulders, balloon-like sleeves)...

i keep telling her she should get something made out of it or should have it re-cut/styled

08-08-2006
rui
front row

One Day Only 8/13/06 Vintage Shopping Event
AUGUST 13TH 2006

New York City's vintage fashion darlings Tommy Cole and ROy Caires ( both originally from Boston) are about to bring the ladies and gents of Boston an unprecedented shopping experience. On Sunday, August 13th 2006 from 12:00-8:00 p.m. - Cole and Caires will take over the beautiful Design of Boston Salon in the North End for a one-day only "guerrilla store" event. They will fill the space with an abundance of carefully selected vintage clothing and accessories-all in excelent condition and sold at very reasonable prices. Just imagine perusing rack after rack of gorgeous vintage clothing without the smell of mothballs and dust! Shoppers will also recieve clothing advice from professional stylists Cole and Caires ...without being charged their day rate!

Mens clothing $5-$50 for accessories, western shirts, blazers, jackets, tees and more.

Womens $5- $85 for accesories, jewlery, dresses, skirts jackets and more

Design of Boston Salon is located at 285 Causeway St. in Boston's North End. ( intesection of Causeway/Commercial/ Washington St. )
Just 5 minute walk from North Station

visit http://www.designofboston.com for details

This Sale will be one day only!!
SUNDAY AUGUST 13TH 2006 12-8 P.M.
Cash, Mastercard and Visa accepted

NOTE:

Tommy Cole and Roy Caires moved to NYC from Boston in 2003 to start their own menswear line called This Old Thing? Over the past few years they have gained much recognition in the NYC fashion community with their remarkable line of "reconstructed" clothing for men. This Old Thing? has been featured in Fader Magazine, Refinery29.com, Papermag.com, Sportwear International magazine and Tendencias Magazine- Spain.
"...what's OLD could be the Next Big Thing." - Andi Teran, Refinery29.com
"...gentelmen, we tip our hats to you." - Fader Mag

still here

^sounds like fun, thanks for that.

This weekend is tax free weekend here too, but just for purchases under $2500, so don't be planning to break the bank anyone...

Last edited by mundodabolsa; 08-08-2006 at 12:23 PM.
08-08-2006
V.I.P.

lots of louis boston and bloomingdales stuff at filenes basement boston right now.

09-08-2006
girl who fell to earth

^^ thanks for the heads up...
i might have to head over even though i promised myself i would stop spending money:p

11-08-2006
still here

If any of you bostonians have experience selling your old stuff to consignment stores, would you mind pming me? Thanks!

28-08-2006
trendsetter

Any reccomendations for men's hair salons? I'm going to Boston on the 30th and I'll be there for almost a week..

29-08-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashion_boi_01
Any reccomendations for men's hair salons? I'm going to Boston on the 30th and I'll be there for almost a week..
judy jetson, mass ave in cambridge. near porter square.

they gave mr. lucy92 nice textured cuts.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
boston, shopping