How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-05-2005
rising star

CLoset consigner is located at 178 Newbury Street almost across from the other second hand store, second time around. Closet Consigner always has better stuff than second time around. I just went last week, and found a gorg. Bottega Veneta bag in amazing condition for 150! They always have a few Chanel pieces and tons of other great stuff. Let me know if you have any luck there!
And an update, skip Fanny and Delphine's if you can... Without specifics, the owner is really rude behind the scenes and not someone you want to support with your hard earned dollars.

30-05-2005
front row

I would probably just suggest Riccardi's and Louis Boston, the prudential mall has some ok stores (Nieman Marcus, Saks, Gucci, Louis Vuitton - handbags and accessories, Hugo Boss,etc.). There is also a Barney's going in the Prudential Mall so that should help get some more variety in, but overall I don't Boston has that many great places to go, your way better off doing the five hour drive to New York.

30-05-2005
rising star

Unfortunately, the Barneys will not be opening in Copley for another year! Until then, we'll just have to make do with the one in Chestnut Hill, which is pretty small.

30-05-2005
scenester

Thanks for the location, I always miss things while people watching

31-05-2005
front row

There is also the Barney's outlet in Wrentham, I've found some good deals there and its only about an hour away.

21-07-2005
scenester

My 17 year old neice is coming to visit. She is heading off to college in a few weeks and I promised to take her shopping. She is going to Clemson in South Carolina. Having worn a school uniform for the past 12 years she is really looking forward to choosing her own clothes.

I want to take her to Newbury Street and would like advice on what stores we should definitely hit that won't break poor auntie's bank.

Thanks.

21-07-2005
backstage pass

The price conscious shopper would do better shopping in the Downtown Crossing area. Marshalls, DSW, H&M, TJMAxx, Macys, Filenes, Filenes Basement and a host of other shops which offer more bang for your buck. It's a popular area for teens as well...Newbury is kinda expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallulah
My 17 year old neice is coming to visit. She is heading off to college in a few weeks and I promised to take her shopping. She is going to Clemson in South Carolina. Having worn a school uniform for the past 12 years she is really looking forward to choosing her own clothes.

I want to take her to Newbury Street and would like advice on what stores we should definitely hit that won't break poor auntie's bank.

Thanks.

22-07-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisHollywoodLfe
I would probably just suggest Riccardi's and Louis Boston, the prudential mall has some ok stores (Nieman Marcus, Saks, Gucci, Louis Vuitton - handbags and accessories, Hugo Boss,etc.). There is also a Barney's going in the Prudential Mall so that should help get some more variety in, but overall I don't Boston has that many great places to go, your way better off doing the five hour drive to New York.
I don't see the interest of looking for Gucci, Neiman Marcus, Saks, Louis Vuitton when you come shopping to a new city. You can find those stores anywhere and they're always the same. It's like recommending that people eat at chain restaurants wherever they travel. How will you discover local flavour if you only go for what you know?

If you want interesting shopping you will look out for unique stores selling uncommon and unique designers, and Newbury St is full of them.

01-08-2005
trendsetter

Boston shopping
I recently made a trip to Boston, as I will be living there next year. One thing struck me, it didnt seem like anyone was into fashion... Maybe I was in the wrong part of town or at the wrong time of year or whatever.... but people on TFS from Boston, please direct me to where to find chic in Boston, I am going to need to find people to shop with and yammer about fashion. Any tips, suggestions or whatever, it will be greatly appreciated.

03-08-2005
trendsetter

^ its sad no one replied to my thread..

03-08-2005
no photos, no photos

not familiar myself...........but Louis Boston is pretty well known and stocks some great brands

03-08-2005
V.I.P.

I had the same impression on my regular visits.
However, we have plenty of stylish Bostonians here - Chino1z, kLm, jadovski, etc...

03-08-2005
backstage pass

I have been going to Boston every summer for the past 8 years and i have to say that there are many fashionable Bostonions around// All u have to do is hang out on Newbury Street on the weekends and pass by the Copley Place and Prudential Center where Saks and Neiman are. I am sure u will fit in and love it!!

kLm
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcj
I recently made a trip to Boston, as I will be living there next year. One thing struck me, it didnt seem like anyone was into fashion... Maybe I was in the wrong part of town or at the wrong time of year or whatever.... but people on TFS from Boston, please direct me to where to find chic in Boston, I am going to need to find people to shop with and yammer about fashion. Any tips, suggestions or whatever, it will be greatly appreciated.
Depends on what chic is to you. For the adventurous sort, Alan Bilzerian, Louis Boston, Riccardi's, and Stel's all carry some interesting labels (all on Newbury). Other than that, there are all the regular brand-name stores on Newbury and in Copley Plaza, along with Neiman's and Saks.

04-08-2005
V.I.P.

Welcome to Boston!
Sorry I didn't see the post until now. Where do you live? I live in the South End and I go to Newbury street/back bay/copley square very often. Like KLM said, there are lots of nice spots. I think you will like Boston once you are familiar with it:-)
yeah I guess we can even get several people here and shop together

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
boston, shopping