Browns, London - Page 3 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
07-02-2008
boo

I ordered something off the website a while ago and it took them a week to let me know it was out of stock. Booo!!

07-12-2008
fashion insider

Does anyone know when Browns usually start their winter sale? From what I remember they start their sales late. I'm eyeing this pair of boots that's too expensive right now for me...

08-12-2008
fashion icon

I hope they are smart enough and start sooner! -this is the year of early sales!

08-12-2008
fashion insider

^I know! Everywhere I go I am bombarded by SALE signs, which makes it very hard for me to stay home and study for exams as I should be doing. :p

08-12-2008
fashion icon

check out Luisaviaroma.com - they started their sale earlier!

10-01-2009
scenester

I placed an order online at Browns almost two weeks ago and they've charged my credit card, yet I still haven't received any notification about whether or not they're sold out, delivered, or anything. Does anyone know if I still have any chance whatsoever of actually getting my shoes?

22-01-2009
V.I.P.

this is so fabulous! Shoes Galore for everyone...

http://www.brownsfashion.com/content...ious_Shoes.htm

22-01-2009
?

I'm afraid I'll have to join the Browns online store bashing now..
I ordered a dress last week, they charged my card and the dress was taken off the site (as if I'd bought the last one) but then yesterday I noticed that my money has been refunded.

YET they haven't sent me any e-mails about the dress being out of stock already, nor has my order confirmation been taken off my Browns login page. Not to mention, they've put the dress back up for sale again!

I feel confused, I really want(ed) the dress...

scenester

Yeah the online customer service at Browns is the worst I've come across. I placed an order on Dec 24th and didn't hear back from them for over a week, (even after sending emails to customer service, orders, enquiries) so I assumed the order had been lost. Meanwhile the second markdown happened so I placed the same order on the Jan 3rd (everything was still available according to the site) and continued to send emails asking about the order(s). Both orders were charged to my card. After another week or so, I finally got confirmation that 2 of the 3 items I originally ordered had been shipped. Even though they hadn't sent them until the second mark down, they charged me the price from the first markdown. A few days later I got an email saying everything was sold out and my card wouldn't be charged. I did end up getting the 2 items and finally after three weeks the charges for the second order were gone. Once the items were shipped they did arrive within a few days (I'm on the West Coast of the US, so that's pretty good) but that has more to do with DHL than Browns.

Their site says that they will contact customers within 48 hours of placing an order, so I'm not sure what's going on with their site. They need to hire some people that just take care of questions and orders about the website.

I decided to give them another chance (mostly because they are one of the only places where I can find Ann Demeulemeester in XXS) and I placed an order for a jacket on Jan 12. Well I didn't get confirmation until yesterday (Jan 21) that the item was shipped. I actually still haven't received the official Browns confirmation (even though I sent 3 messages asking if the order would be filled), I just got the DHL shipment notice.

So, while I love the selection for men on the Browns site, I really hope they figure out how to run the website correctly. They are going to lose a lot of potential and real customers with the way they are running the site now.

fashion icon

does anybody know when they start the sale this year?

25-12-2009
tfs star

^ online sales are now on, started today... so i guess the same goes for instore sales.

26-12-2009
fashion icon

thank you !The
damage is done.... LOL!

04-01-2010
rising star

I ordered a pair of shoes and one foot was in size 9 and the other was in size 6.

I already emailed them but my past experience with them through e-mail is terrible. This is so frustrating.

17-02-2010
unspecified

now i'm afraid, i saved the items in the bag for a week, and tried to purchase them from another computer, they said it was sold out, came back to the original with saved shopping bag and bought them, they sent me the confirmation to my e-mail.
DOES THIS MEAN THEY CAN STILL DEDUCT ME AND THEN REFUND ME AND SUDDENLY TELL ME THE ITEMS I PURCHASED ARE SOLD OUT AND NEVER EVER SEND THEM TO ME???

http://pilchero.wordpress.com/ - Very Personal Style
18-02-2010
trendsetter

I'm lucky i work literally round the corner from from Browns in South Molton Street where they have their 3 boutiques including Browns for less, where their selection of shoes isn't the greatest i have to say. Their selection of clothes is actually much better than it's shoes, there's a little bit more or variety. Some time ago, i found this amazing Alexander mcqueen white bandage dress with a very good reduction on it. Check it out if you can

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
browns, london