How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-03-2010
unspecified

the one in galerias pacifico is MAC Pro!
does anybody know what international designers are in Buenos Aires (Av Alvear, Av Quintana)? i'd like to have a look and go at the $!
i knew (maybe they are no longer there) of Christian Dior, Louis Vuitton, Max Mara, Fendi, and Armani.

http://pilchero.wordpress.com/ - Very Personal Style

06-03-2010
rising star

I saw two big stores from Christian Lacroix, but can't remember which malls! :/

06-03-2010
unspecified

yes, galerias pacifico, very good..
i want to know if there is a Gaultier somewhere out there

06-03-2010
trendsetter

^ Gaultier?! you're asking too much! we are lucky we get some of these designers.
On Alvear Av. there is Hermes, Louis Vuitton, Ralph Lauren, Valentino, Emporio Armani, Rochas, Versace, Escada, Salvatore Farragamo and Nina Ricci if i remember correctly. You could try Coterie on Av. Alvear also it stocks Burberry, Bottega Veneta, Furla and Jimmy Choo, they might have Gaultier, don't even want to think of the prices (all the ridicolous amount of vat, taxes we have to pay )

Last edited by beduina; 06-03-2010 at 03:10 PM.
06-03-2010
unspecified

i thought so..
vat..i had to pay 100% last time i ordered something!!!!!!!:ninja :

08-04-2010
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by beduina View Post
^ Gaultier?! you're asking too much! we are lucky we get some of these designers.
On Alvear Av. there is Hermes, Louis Vuitton, Ralph Lauren, Valentino, Emporio Armani, Rochas, Versace, Escada, Salvatore Farragamo and Nina Ricci if i remember correctly. You could try Coterie on Av. Alvear also it stocks Burberry, Bottega Veneta, Furla and Jimmy Choo, they might have Gaultier, don't even want to think of the prices (all the ridicolous amount of vat, taxes we have to pay )
I'm from Buenos Aires and I NEVER went inside these stores. I was wondering about the clothes, are they like the leftovers from really old collections or are they just a little bit behind?

unspecified

i always wonder that too.. I dared to enter in a Cacharel store once, and it was the last time because they treated me like Pretty Woman! But i read today that we have a KENZO!!! so i'll dare once more...

09-04-2010
trendsetter

I don't think we get the leftovers, as you know we are a season behind in comparison to Europe...
Hate snotty sales assistants, they should drop the attitude and don't forget they work in a shop at the end of the day , boutique whatever...this comes from someone who used to be a sales assistant too.

Last edited by beduina; 09-04-2010 at 04:44 PM.
08-08-2011
rising star

This thread has been dead for a while. I am heading to Buenos Aires in 1 week and was wondering if somebody could give me some recommendations for leather bags (local designers, not Florida street leather bags) and clothing stores (again, not Zara, Mango etc. but local designers). I was in BA 3 years ago and bought fantastic leather bags somewhere in Palermo.

09-08-2011
rising star

^ You should try AY not dead, Maria Cher, Jazmin Chebar, Trosman, Paula Cahen d'anvers, Wanama ... maybe Tramando, Juana de Arco. I dont know which is your personal style or age, so its kind of dificult to suggest you any brand. I just named some local designers that i like.
About leathers bags... well, im thinking... you know, there are some good brands that sells leather bags, but i must confes i never bought anything there... (im talking about prüne, blaqué, lazaro, maybe la martina) cause i usually buy bags in the brand i told before.

If you already know Palermo, you should go there once again, its getting bigger and full of good designers (:

Hope ive help you a bit!

rising star

Thank you! I looked up Jazmin Chebar online and really liked her stuff. I will have a look at other stores you suggested.

14-08-2011
trendsetter

Try Doma, last time i went back home i bought 2 leather jackets from there, they are amazing, proper leather. I think they have about 4 branches in Buenos Aires 2 in Palermo Soho (from which one is an outlet), another one in Galerias Pacifico and another one in Puerto Madero. Net A Porter also sells their jackets.
The only Argentinian brands that are worth checking out are Doma, Jazmin Chebar and Uma IMO. Then you can always check out not so main stream designer's boutiques in Palermo Soho

15-08-2011
rising star

Thanks for all the suggestions! I ended up buying 2 leather jackets from Doma and am thinking to go back for some handbags. Also bought a lot of stuff from Maria Cher (luckily for my wallet a lot of sizes were sold out) and some stuff from AY not dead. Thanks for all the suggestions! I saw some nice handbags from Lu gagliardi online but have no idea where her stores are. I think Google maps lead me the wrong way. Prune, Blaque etc didn't do much for me, don't think I like their bags or other stuff that much. Any suggestions for handbags?

15-08-2011
rising star

Oh, I also found amazing sandals in Jazmin Chebar, still thinking about them! (un)fortunately, Argentinian shoe sizes are not good for me: either too small or too large!

22-08-2011
backstage pass

Just wanna add: Lupe and Felix, if you have a boyfriend

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
aires, buenos, shopping