How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-12-2008
i'm almost ready..

Calgary, AB shopping
i've spent the last few months in calgary and it looks like i will be here for quite a while now....i have discovered a few shops here and there that are lovely (i went to inglewood the other day....a few gorgeous shops ) but for the most part it seems like it's all 'mall' shopping and i feel like i'm missing out..

coming from sydney, i miss my good shopping... i don't like all these chain stores.. although i must admit it is great having a Zara!. :p

any Calgarians out there who can share some great secret (or not so secret) shopping spots?...

the 2 shops i really like so far..

Eye on design
in inglewood..

Mandarine also in inglewood..(i love this space)

http://www.mandarinecouture.com/Store.html

Last edited by adorefaith; 29-12-2008 at 11:22 PM.

31-01-2009
Meg
inspired contemplation

oh wow adore! I had no idea you moved so close to me! Well, I'm not out west now but still. The best places for shopping are malls pretty much, that's just the way it works. obviously you have TD Center downtown which has Holt's (in case you haven't visited yet, it's like the Neiman Marcus of Canada) and a couple other stores. Other than that, your best bet is Chinook on Macleod Trail S. It had the first Pottery Barn and Williams Sonoma in Canada, it acts as a testing ground for a lot of stores before they go wide across Canada. If you stroll down 17th Ave. there are a lot of smaller stores and boutiques. Hope that helps somewhat

23-03-2009
front row

I think 17th Ave is your best bet. Some great boutiques with original stuff. Smyth and Kang is great. They even have a blog http://www.smythandkang.com/ check it out.

Last edited by UrbanSophistactd; 23-03-2009 at 09:51 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
ab, calgary, shopping