How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-07-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercer
is it fairly easy to walk from blake to ikram?

the address i have for blake is 2448 N Lincoln Ave, is this wrong?
Hi mercer - Blake moved over a year ago. New address is 212 W Chicago Ave. Good news is that it is much closer to Ikram -- I'd say about 1 mile. Depends how much walking you want to/can do . Or its a really short cab ride. You can get directions from one to the other on Google maps or Mapquest.

07-07-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth
Hi mercer - Blake moved over a year ago. New address is 212 W Chicago Ave. Good news is that it is much closer to Ikram -- I'd say about 1 mile. Depends how much walking you want to/can do . Or its a really short cab ride. You can get directions from one to the other on Google maps or Mapquest.
awesome! thanks! 1 mile is not far to go when cute clothing is involved!

07-07-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJohnson
ive been to jake, but what is sugar and samantha? really odd i never heard of them, do explain
Samantha Chicago is a great store, hard to see from the street. It is located on the second floor (so you have to walk up some stairs) It carries brands like, ya-ya,vince, lewis cho, rami kashou, AKA New York, Shoshana, Citrine by the Stones, Cynitha Vincent, Theory, Michael Stars, Goldenbleu, True Religon, 575, Kasil, Genetic, Nation, Karen Zambos, Joe's, Kenneth Jay Lane, Karoo, Trina Turk, and even more than that.

Sugar Magnolia is also a very popular store, I have only been in once. And im not sure what all the brands are, but I'm sure it is worth a trip!!!

07-07-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth
oh wow thx for this info! Im definitally going to see them! hmmm...it seems like 4-5 blocks from Michigan ave...I cant wait!

07-07-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlg08
Samantha Chicago is a great store, hard to see from the street. It is located on the second floor (so you have to walk up some stairs) It carries brands like, ya-ya,vince, lewis cho, rami kashou, AKA New York, Shoshana, Citrine by the Stones, Cynitha Vincent, Theory, Michael Stars, Goldenbleu, True Religon, 575, Kasil, Genetic, Nation, Karen Zambos, Joe's, Kenneth Jay Lane, Karoo, Trina Turk, and even more than that.

Sugar Magnolia is also a very popular store, I have only been in once. And im not sure what all the brands are, but I'm sure it is worth a trip!!!
ok thx a lot! I was on michigan ave today and they are working quickly on that J.Mendel store! i cant wait!

07-07-2006
front row

Going to Chi-town this weekend, very excited! Anyone know how easy it will be to find free parking on weekends near N. Michigan Ave? I don't mind parking further away (but paying less) and then walking or taking public transit to the shopping district. Isn't it $7/hr to park at some lots right at N. Mich?

07-07-2006
front row

We paid 24 dollars or so. It was near the Water Tower.

07-07-2006
front row

Exactly! Do you know anywhere near the shopping area or at least the El station that has free parking? I'm planning on buying a pass for the El anyways so I can get to and from my car if I have to.

08-07-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpolo
Exactly! Do you know anywhere near the shopping area or at least the El station that has free parking? I'm planning on buying a pass for the El anyways so I can get to and from my car if I have to.
er......i dont think anything in this area is free parking.....hmm.....i dunno

10-07-2006
front row

Chitown was fabulous! And to top it all off, I saw Nelly while shopping at Water Tower Place. There was a huge crowd outside the Water Tower Clock Shop where he was buying a huge diamond encrusted Rolex. (They shut down the store, but I was surprised that the store didn't close the blinds since people were snapping pics.) And yes, you could see his grillz.

11-07-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Chitown was fabulous! And to top it all off, I saw Nelly while shopping at Water Tower Place. There was a huge crowd outside the Water Tower Clock Shop where he was buying a huge diamond encrusted Rolex. (They shut down the store, but I was surprised that the store didn't close the blinds since people were snapping pics.) And yes, you could see his grillz.
EEEEEEW when was this? I work right across the street

11-07-2006
rising star

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess it was more than 18 hours ago but less than 72.

11-07-2006
rising star

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess it was more than 18 hours ago but less than 72.

11-07-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amo_Armani
Yes, of course, based on the time of my post. But more specifically, it was Saturday night around closing time. (Why do all the damn stores in Chicago close so early?)

JJohnson, where do you work?

12-07-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Yes, of course, based on the time of my post. But more specifically, it was Saturday night around closing time. (Why do all the damn stores in Chicago close so early?)

JJohnson, where do you work?
a store in 900 N michigan

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
chicago, shopping