How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-07-2006
front row

I have a question I heard Marshall Fields Has a huge Dolce&Gabbana Shop In Shop for Men In Marshall Fields,( I LOVE D&G) but I heard it was leaving because of Macys Is Saks or Neimans Getting it??? I really hope they open another one of those mini stores in Chicago Women get them at damn near every Neiman Marcus or Saks in the country but a mens one is hard to come by only Dallas Neimans is the only one ive seen to have shop in shop for men.

16-07-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalleriaResident
I have a question I heard Marshall Fields Has a huge Dolce&Gabbana Shop In Shop for Men In Marshall Fields,( I LOVE D&G) but I heard it was leaving because of Macys Is Saks or Neimans Getting it??? I really hope they open another one of those mini stores in Chicago Women get them at damn near every Neiman Marcus or Saks in the country but a mens one is hard to come by only Dallas Neimans is the only one ive seen to have shop in shop for men.
Yea Marshall Field's has a Dolce area in their flagship store on State street. They do have a few things. Federated bought the company for 3 bil and they said they were going to change the name to Macy's (YUCK!!!) anywayz, there are many places in chicago that sell Dolce for men. Marshall Fields, Bloomingdales, Chasalla, Barney's NYC, Neimans, Saks (I think), and more I cant think of.

16-07-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJohnson
Yea Marshall Field's has a Dolce area in their flagship store on State street. They do have a few things. Federated bought the company for 3 bil and they said they were going to change the name to Macy's (YUCK!!!) anywayz, there are many places in chicago that sell Dolce for men. Marshall Fields, Bloomingdales, Chasalla, Barney's NYC, Neimans, Saks (I think), and more I cant think of.
Thanks do any of them have the Shop in Shop set ups?

16-07-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Thanks do any of them have the Shop in Shop set ups?
Marshall Fields is shop in shop, but all the others just have a rack, or a section...

30-07-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Marshall Fields is shop in shop, but all the others just have a rack, or a section...
They just recently closed the Dolce shop-in-shop. The associate I talked to said they are turning it into a Boss section... blah. They are dropping Dolce completely, but will still carry D&G. They are also dropping Miu Miu and Calvin Klein Collection. I hate Macys so much.

30-07-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimal
They just recently closed the Dolce shop-in-shop. The associate I talked to said they are turning it into a Boss section... blah. They are dropping Dolce completely, but will still carry D&G. They are also dropping Miu Miu and Calvin Klein Collection. I hate Macys so much.
OMG! *gag* I thoguht they werent going to change the name!? All the signs still say Marshall Field's UGH! WTF! Macy's should stay in NYC and Marshall Field's in chicago! Its historic! They're changing it to a Boss section!?! EVERYONE sells Boss and there is even a Boss store! They're getting rid of all the good stuff! I hate Federated Department Stores!!

30-07-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
OMG! *gag* I thoguht they werent going to change the name!? All the signs still say Marshall Field's UGH! WTF! Macy's should stay in NYC and Marshall Field's in chicago! Its historic! They're changing it to a Boss section!?! EVERYONE sells Boss and there is even a Boss store! They're getting rid of all the good stuff! I hate Federated Department Stores!!
Yeah, I think it was a terrible decision to change the name. It would have made much more sense to turn the Michigan Ave Fields into a Macys and leave the State street store as Fields, it seems disrespectful to a store with so much history. I hope they at least bring in a few new designers. The same SA told me they will be getting a high-end collection from Kenneth Cole . I'm curious but more car wreck curious than christmas morning curious.

30-07-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimal
Yeah, I think it was a terrible decision to change the name. It would have made much more sense to turn the Michigan Ave Fields into a Macys and leave the State street store as Fields, it seems disrespectful to a store with so much history. I hope they at least bring in a few new designers. The same SA told me they will be getting a high-end collection from Kenneth Cole . I'm curious but more car wreck curious than christmas morning curious.
ugh this is lame! i would agree on the micigan ave choice tho, but Kenneth cole?! ugh there is an actual kenneth cole store here! BLAH! I HATE FEDERATED!

01-08-2006
front row

What is this Rumor Dolce&Gabbana and Dior Coming to Chicago?

Its amazing Chicago is only surpassed In Size by L.A and NYC Yet smaller cities still have more luxury an fashion retailers.

01-08-2006
windowshopping

For really vintage stuff, cheap and expensive, I would suggest visiting the Wicker Park neighborhood. Most of the stores are on Milwaukee on the North side of Chicago. The area has great stuff but you have to be willing to walk around and find out what exactly you are looking for. Good luck!

01-08-2006
windowshopping

Quote:

Its amazing Chicago is only surpassed In Size by L.A and NYC Yet smaller cities still have more luxury an fashion retailers.
Is that really true? I've been shopping in most major US cities and the only smaller city with notably superior shopping is Las Vegas. But then again I haven't been everywhere and a lot of it has to do with personal preference.

01-08-2006
front row

Well Vegas is Fashion Retailers on Steriods only town that is gonna have 3 Gucci an 4 Diors 2 Chanels Brioni etc all on the Same Street. Vegas does have every retailer under the sun even free standing Gaultier an Manolo..Miami,Dallas,Houston, Not saying Chicago doesnt have a luxury presence but it seems more big names would be there im sure JJohnson can elaborate.(Check Out His Blog) Another Question he posted a blog titled: The Unfashionable Chicagoian. Which In Honesty Surprised me but that is just his opinion though

Last edited by GalleriaResident; 01-08-2006 at 01:13 AM.
01-08-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Well Vegas is Fashion Retailers on Steriods only town that is gonna have 3 Gucci an 4 Diors 2 Chanels Brioni etc all on the Same Street. Vegas does have every retailer under the sun even free standing Gaultier an Manolo..Miami,Dallas,Houston, Not saying Chicago doesnt have a luxury presence but it seems more big names would be there im sure JJohnson can elaborate.(Check Out His Blog) Another Question he posted a blog titled: The Unfashionable Chicagoian. Which In Honesty Surprised me but that is just his opinion though
It seems to me like Chicago is more interested in luxury than fashion. We're drowning in Prada, Dolce etc. but there doesn't seem to be much from designers out of the mainstream, and that's my main complaint with shopping in Chicago. There's only 3 places to buy Dior Homme here and thats a major brand. Forget about finding Ann D, Chalayan, or Simons (for men anyway). It's not all bad though, I picked up an AMAZING Balenciaga jacket from Barneys yesterday and talking to the SA (Amy, super nice) I learned they will be getting Lanvin Homme soon.

01-08-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:

I know! Aspen has a Dior Before Chicago! UGH

01-08-2006
front row

That is Impressive though you can get Dior Homme Houston but only the shoes an the,Dior store here only carries the Womens Line. Balenciaga an Lavin for Men is Wow!! Im starting change my mind about the shopping there, It seems Chicago has a big Boutique culture. Also Does Versace sell in Chicago? (I cant really imagine it being big there.)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
chicago, shopping