How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-08-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalleriaResident
Well Vegas is Fashion Retailers on Steriods only town that is gonna have 3 Gucci an 4 Diors 2 Chanels Brioni etc all on the Same Street. Vegas does have every retailer under the sun even free standing Gaultier an Manolo..Miami,Dallas,Houston, Not saying Chicago doesnt have a luxury presence but it seems more big names would be there im sure JJohnson can elaborate.(Check Out His Blog) Another Question he posted a blog titled: The Unfashionable Chicagoian. Which In Honesty Surprised me but that is just his opinion though
lol yea i named it that because we dont have as many stores as the other cities We cant be as fashionable and have that much fun shopping

01-08-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
That is Impressive though you can get Dior Homme Houston but only the shoes an the,Dior store here only carries the Womens Line. Balenciaga an Lavin for Men is Wow!! Im starting change my mind about the shopping there, It seems Chicago has a big Boutique culture. Also Does Versace sell in Chicago? (I cant really imagine it being big there.)
Well the only place I know that sells Versace is Chasalla on Oak Street. There used to be a versace boutique directly accross the street, but it closed down like 3-4 years ago There is a Versace outlet store, however, up North of Chicago in Aurora.

01-08-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJohnson
Well the only place I know that sells Versace is Chasalla on Oak Street. There used to be a versace boutique directly accross the street, but it closed down like 3-4 years ago There is a Versace outlet store, however, up North of Chicago in Aurora.
Whattt?? I never knew they had Versace in Chicago I guess Its to loud for Chicago. Why it close? As for Aspen having Dior, its ASPEN They have everything they are filthy rich hell they had J.Mendel before Chicago. Aspen is like Beverly Hills in the Mountians so that isnt a fair comparison.
Houston Galleria has Versace(used to have 2 in the mall but Versus is no more),Dior,Fendi,Carolina Herrera,YSL(before chicago)DolceGabbana(now closed few years ago)Zara,Emporio Armani, Jimmy Choo,an then the standard luxury must have Gucci,LV,Chanel,etc etc Even Dallas has D&G,Versace,Juicy Couture,Jimmy Choo, an intermix.
-Im thinking of moving to Chicago JJohnson start a campaign an get more stores before I decide to come there

01-08-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Whattt?? I never knew they had Versace in Chicago I guess Its to loud for Chicago. Why it close? As for Aspen having Dior, its ASPEN They have everything they are filthy rich hell they had J.Mendel before Chicago. Aspen is like Beverly Hills in the Mountians so that isnt a fair comparison.
Houston Galleria has Versace(used to have 2 in the mall but Versus is no more),Dior,Fendi,Carolina Herrera,YSL(before chicago)DolceGabbana(now closed few years ago)Zara,Emporio Armani, Jimmy Choo,an then the standard luxury must have Gucci,LV,Chanel,etc etc Even Dallas has D&G,Versace,Juicy Couture,Jimmy Choo, an intermix.
-Im thinking of moving to Chicago JJohnson start a campaign an get more stores before I decide to come there
yea im a store whore LOL! haha Yes the J.Mendel store is looking nice! The sign is up and everything. I need to remember my camera when I go to work so I can take a picture BTW IM not realy sure why Versace closed, I guess no profits? i dunno. The guy who worked in Yves Saint Laurent used to work there and he told me. WOW ASPEN HAS EVERYTHING!! Im shocked! LOL Im very jealous! WE NEED MORE STORES HERE! I cant wait for a Marc Jacobs!!!!!!

Last edited by JJohnson; 01-08-2006 at 10:53 AM.
01-08-2006
front row

You sure do Love Marc Jacobs Is he really coming or is that wishful thinking?
I dont think the Versace Outlet store is open anymore its not listed on the Chicago Premium Outlets or Gurnee Mills?

01-08-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
You sure do Love Marc Jacobs Is he really coming or is that wishful thinking?
I dont think the Versace Outlet store is open anymore its not listed on the Chicago Premium Outlets or Gurnee Mills?
Oh that Marc Jacobs is wishful thinking, I guess Versace left the premium outlets

Last edited by JJohnson; 01-08-2006 at 11:24 AM.
01-08-2006
front row

I Guess Dontella Doesnt Care for Chicago lol j/k

01-08-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
I Guess Dontella Doesnt Care for Chicago lol j/k
I think it's the other way around lol, Marshall Fields used to carry VJC but dropped it a few seasons ago. There's no place to buy proper Versace here, Chasalla on Oak carries Versus, VJC, Versace Sport and maybe a few of the many other diffusion lines (in fact Chasalla basically only carries diffusion lines) though. I think Cavalli has mostly stolen the market for loud Italian fashion, at least here anyway.

01-08-2006
front row

LOL good one danimal Marshall Fields dropped VJC because the diffusion lines by Versace have been drastically scaled back, They closed all the Versace Jeans Couture & Versus stores in America(except South Beach) An Pulled Versace Cosmetics from this side of the pond. I think the only place you can really get diffusion lines from Dontella is in Europe. Thus like you said Roberto Cavalli has taken more of the Versace customer base.

04-08-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
LOL good one danimal Marshall Fields dropped VJC because the diffusion lines by Versace have been drastically scaled back, They closed all the Versace Jeans Couture & Versus stores in America(except South Beach) An Pulled Versace Cosmetics from this side of the pond. I think the only place you can really get diffusion lines from Dontella is in Europe. Thus like you said Roberto Cavalli has taken more of the Versace customer base.
very interesting.....how weird...

04-08-2006
V.I.P.

OMG! I almost forgot! J.Mendel opens on MONDAY AUGUST 7th!!!!!

06-08-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJohnson
OMG! I almost forgot! J.Mendel opens on MONDAY AUGUST 7th!!!!!

06-08-2006
front row

Such Glamourous ppl sitting in front of J.Mendel & LV maybe they were waiting for the new J.Mendel to open hahaah j/k j/k

06-08-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Such Glamourous ppl sitting in front of J.Mendel & LV maybe they were waiting for the new J.Mendel to open hahaah j/k j/k
lol! this was taken early in the morning. I believe those are the guys who were flying all over the place working on it. I think the open date was setback from what WWD Daily said. Read my blog for more info

07-08-2006
backstage pass

I saw this in the Chicago Red Eye today:

"Stock your closet with some heavily discounted Prada and Dolce & Gabbana from high end resale shop Selections (2152 N. Clybourn Ave) We're taking 50% off items that already were discounted 70%. Sale ends Aug 11."

If I go, I'll let you know how it is!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
chicago, shopping