How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-08-2006
backstage pass

I'm glad I'm not the only one who read the Iowa comment as being snotty. A pity some people still haven't learned tact.

Anyway, I made it out to Chicago the other day and pretty much had fabulous service everywhere I went. I'd especially recommend Kathy at Chanel and Christine at YSL. The attitude of the SA's can really make or break a shopping trip. I didn't go into J. Mendel, though--I was kind of put off by the mannequin-looking guy in a suit by the front door that was glaring daggers at everyone that walked by. Way to scare off customers.

20-08-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drusilla
I'm glad I'm not the only one who read the Iowa comment as being snotty. A pity some people still haven't learned tact.

Anyway, I made it out to Chicago the other day and pretty much had fabulous service everywhere I went. I'd especially recommend Kathy at Chanel and Christine at YSL. The attitude of the SA's can really make or break a shopping trip. I didn't go into J. Mendel, though--I was kind of put off by the mannequin-looking guy in a suit by the front door that was glaring daggers at everyone that walked by. Way to scare off customers.
YES! I agree completely on the J.Mendel thing. They have really big attitudes there, well its like a snotty vibe. Its a "if you dont have a birkin then stay away" kinda attitude haha. i will never go in there again....

25-08-2006
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amo_Armani
You're from Iowa... why exactly are you interested in Lanvin and Balenciaga?
Stupid post. Sorry, but... stupid post.

25-08-2006
front row

Any good sales lately or must see stores? Are there are good stores in Lincoln Park or Wicker Park? After a while, shopping at the same stores doesn't seem as exciting anymore...

25-08-2006
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

How I miss Chicago! I moved down to Tallahassee, Florida two weeks ago and totally miss all of the little boutiques.

One of my favorite spots was the Fashion Tomato... near my old apartment at Belmont and Clark.

25-08-2006
front row

Fashion Tomato: what kind of store is that? Do you have any other boutique recommendations?

25-08-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin
How I miss Chicago! I moved down to Tallahassee, Florida two weeks ago and totally miss all of the little boutiques.

One of my favorite spots was the Fashion Tomato... near my old apartment at Belmont and Clark.

I live near there..I"l have to go check it out!

V.I.P.

Has anyone been to Jake? Its on Rush street. Ive been in there once, but I should go there again tomorrow. I heard they sell Doo.Ri. I never saw Doo.Ri up close and personal. Also they are constructing a store on 600 N michigan ave next to the Nike Store. The retail space is 3 floors and it is on the corner. Anyone have any idea about this?!

25-08-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJohnson
Has anyone been to Jake? Its on Rush street. Ive been in there once, but I should go there again tomorrow. I heard they sell Doo.Ri. I never saw Doo.Ri up close and personal. Also they are constructing a store on 600 N michigan ave next to the Nike Store. The retail space is 3 floors and it is on the corner. Anyone have any idea about this?!
I've been to Jake, didn't see much that interested me other than a few Cloak pieces, and they don't seem to carry small sizes. It's a pretty cool little shop though. That's REALLY crazy that they're opening a store next to Nike, especially one that big. The only space that could be is the old Sony store... that place would be HUGE for Jake. That's ballsy, I can't even imagine what the rent must be. Good for them, I hope they do well and pick up some designers that nobody else has.

26-08-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimal
I've been to Jake, didn't see much that interested me other than a few Cloak pieces, and they don't seem to carry small sizes. It's a pretty cool little shop though. That's REALLY crazy that they're opening a store next to Nike, especially one that big. The only space that could be is the old Sony store... that place would be HUGE for Jake. That's ballsy, I can't even imagine what the rent must be. Good for them, I hope they do well and pick up some designers that nobody else has.
OH dear! I was unclear!!! that whole store next to Nike isnt jake, i was just saying that they're building one...sorry for the confusion . Well I went to jake today and saw some Doo.Ri, Sass and Bide, 3.1 Phillip Lim, Ya-ya, and Missoni. I didnt look at menswear so I guess i missed the cloak pieces. Oh well...

26-08-2006
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpolo
Fashion Tomato: what kind of store is that? Do you have any other boutique recommendations?
Ohhh... they just have lots of dressy tops... dresses... I got some beautiful silk drape tops from there, and a sleeveless mustard-colored top... beautiful.

As far as other boutiques... I'm not sure... I'm not a huge boutique shopper.

26-08-2006
V.I.P.

Has anyone been to Blake on Chicago Ave? do tell about it....do the people act snotty?!

02-09-2006
backstage pass

I just saw online the 'Fashion Focus Chicago' will be in a few weeks...has anyone been before or have any comments about it?

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegal2183
I just saw online the 'Fashion Focus Chicago' will be in a few weeks...has anyone been before or have any comments about it?
I was reading something about it in Chicago Magazine! I cant wait! I was also talking to someone and they told me that the event is very unorganized....i need to find out more info!

02-09-2006
V.I.P.

Oh i forgot! Nicole Miller is moving her boutique and were getting a Jimmy Choo! They're having a big sale there...they're even selling the hangers for $1

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
chicago, shopping