How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-02-2006
PopWillEatItself

^Thanks!

18-02-2006
windowshopping

For jewerly, I'd suggest Yume at 1 E. Delaware- they feature alot of unique things by local designers.

20-02-2006
PopWillEatItself

What about japanese designers... Is there a store or boutique that stocks them?

03-03-2006
PopWillEatItself

It's me again... I'm going to Chicago at the end of next week for business therefore I won't have too much time for shopping... I live in Europe and I'm not familiar with the States shopping scene... where should I go for shopping to save myself some time and trouble... my aesthetics are inclined towards the japanese/ belgian designers sector... but I'd love to find something different or quirky... any ideas?

04-03-2006
V.I.P.

Sure im here melt Michigan Ave and Oak Street is where it all is

Last edited by JJohnson; 04-03-2006 at 06:06 AM.
04-03-2006
PopWillEatItself

Thanks! Are there any off the mainstream boutiques I should visit?

04-03-2006
PopWillEatItself

I'm going tobe there for a conference from Saturday 10th to Wednesday... All I have realised by now is that I HAVE to visit Ikram...

04-03-2006
V.I.P.

Ok Melt lemme tell you from the start. Michigan Ave has many diff types of stores the further you go down, the more expensive it beomes. Like LV and Gucci and Chanel are at the end of Michigan Ave, but then you turn on Oak Street and all the small boutiques are there: Prada, Barney's, Hermes, Jil Sander..etc...U say you want Japanese designers so there is this AMAZING store called Ikram Chicago, it is located on Rush Street. When you go down Oak Street, Prada is like the last major boutique on the street and Barney's is directly accross from that. You are then on the intersection of Rush and Oak Street. Go South on Rush and eventually you will run into a small boutique that says Ikram Chicago. Go in there. They have runway fashions from most conceptual designers: Yamamoto, Gaultier, McQueen, Chayalan, Comme des Garcons, Narsico, Proenza Scholer, Miu Miu, and a lot more conceptual people. I LOVE THAT STORE LOL But also on Michigan Ave there is a Saks 5th Ave, and a Neiman Marcus, which I love. There is another store way up north of Chicago called Blakes, but Ive never been there, I tend to stay in one area where all the major stores are. More coming up...

04-03-2006
V.I.P.

Like I said Ikram is owned by Ikram Goldman, who used to work at Ultimo. Ultimo is a boutique on Oak street. They carry John Galliano, Emanuel Ungaro and many others. This store is more HIGH CLASS and they have 2 floors. Its a really nice store. They dont have the crazy things made by John (they didnt have them when i was there) but they have a more consavative collection for ppl who actually wear normal things. Moving on, there is a boutique called Chasalla, which has more younger pieces off the runway for women like Versace, D&G, Hugo Boss, and a Moschino..i love that store Also Sara Jane is a boutique on Oak Street that sells up and coming designers. Most of all these stores are in the same area, right next to each other actually. The streets to keep in mind are Oak Street, Michigan Ave, Rush street, and State Street.

04-03-2006
V.I.P.

Melt do you plan on going shopping Thursday? I will be down that way yay

04-03-2006
PopWillEatItself

Still, I can't give Karma

Thanks darling! You are great! As soon as thekarma thing functions, karma is flying your way!

04-03-2006
V.I.P.

YAAAAAY me like Karma Ok there is more...Saks and Neimans are a lil south on michigan ave. But remember all the stores start PASS the river. Everything is in walking distance. I forgot to tell u that there is a Yves Saint Laurent, Tods, Kate Spade, and a whole bunch of jewely stores on Oak Street. The thing about chicago is that they dont have the major stores like Marc Jacobs, Pucci, Dior, Dolce and Gabanna, McQueen, Balenciaga, etc...oh Balenciaga is sold in Barney's right accross the street from the 4 floor Prada store.

04-03-2006
V.I.P.

You can find A LOT of designers either at Saks or Neimans like I said, every designers has their own little space. Im not sure if they carry conceptual designers because things are more conservative here regarding what you wear (kinda like NYC) but I know for a fact the conceptual designers are at Barney's and Ikram Chicago (FOR A FACT I KNOW THIS) so your japanese needs can be fulfilled by those stores. Oh BTW the store Yume is really nice! Its like local designers. Its a really small store and you have to be really small to fit the clothing LOL, but it is nice. Oh and there is a hot gay guy that works there

04-03-2006
PopWillEatItself

you've made my day!!!!!!

Last edited by melt977; 04-03-2006 at 06:31 AM.
04-03-2006
PopWillEatItself

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJohnson
Melt do you plan on going shopping Thursday? I will be down that way yay
Nooo... I'm arriving on Saturday (noon I think) and leaving on Wednesday... It would have been so cool...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
chicago, shopping