How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-04-2008
scenester

On my visit to Chicago I went to this really great store on Division, and I lost the card and dont remember what the name of it was. I wanted to do some charge sends, but dont have the info. I remember it was really stark and had only a few racks. They carried Messagerie for men as well as a few other labels. Right now they have black raincoats in the window. The title was "blank" Chicago. Any help would be great.

12-04-2008
windowshopping

Glory...was it Gamma Player?

15-04-2008
scenester

Hey thanks ! That was it. Great little store, what do you think ?

23-04-2008
rising star

This thread needs more love. What is everyone's favorite stores in Chicago?

Also, anyone know of any Sample Sales or something?

23-04-2008
windowshopping

This is awful, but i still have not been in there! I guess i will blame the winter hibernation. It is about 2 blocks away from my apartment...really sad! I am definitely going to check it out this weekend!

23-04-2008
windowshopping

I have only been to one sample sale in chicago...built by wendy a couple yrs ago. I don't hear of them often...only from the daily candy emails.

anyway, i usually love robin richman, hejfina, tangerine (for the good mix of style) the most, sometimes jake and barneys. but i usually stay in the wicker park area. Also...nordstrom, n rack and forever 21/h&m/aa...of course! I got an amazing vena cava cami for $19 at filenes on state recently so am going to start checking that out more often.
i wish we had more choices here..i internet-shop a lot, but it is getting much better.

Last edited by monoshade; 23-04-2008 at 10:13 PM.
24-04-2008
backstage pass

There was recently a desigener jeans sample sale at Navy Pier.

backstage pass

THis was in Daily Candy today:
SHOP
Savvy Shopper Approved Men’s Sample Sale
What: Samples and overstock from Hyden Yoo, James Perse, Salvage, and more at 40-80 percent off.
Why: Less is more.
When: Sat., 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
Where: Brickermade Studio, 1109 W. Fulton Market, b/t Aberdeen & May Sts.

GIVE
Montopoli’s Menswear Drive
What: Donate gently worn suits, sport coats, dress shirts, and ties to The Cara Program, dedicated to helping the homeless find jobs.
Why: Suits you fine.
When: Thru Apr. 30. Call 312-987-0987 to arrange drop-off.
Where: 714 S. Dearborn St., b/t Harrison & Polk Sts. (312-987-0987)

rising star

are there any consignment stores in chicago that end up carrying more high end brands?

28-04-2008
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionRoyalty View Post
This thread needs more love. What is everyone's favorite stores in Chicago?

Also, anyone know of any Sample Sales or something?
Beta boutique (http://betaboutique.com) in Bucktown holds regular sales; their everyday prices are usually pretty good as well.

13-05-2008
backstage pass

From Daily Candy:May 13, 2008Blast from the PastCarolAnn Wachter Spring Collection A flapper in your past life, you’re having difficulty assimilating into the here and now.You’re addicted to fringe, drink recklessly, and can’t seem to understand that cocaine is no longer legal.Ditch the snuff and start taking cues from CarolAnn Wachter, an Art Institute grad whose spring collection screams sophisticated ’20s broad.A trained painter, Wachter designs her own prints, studying the philosophy of Wiener Werkstätte, a ’20s Austrian artist collective, for inspiration. She observes old photos for interesting sewing techniques and structural details.This season look for flirty camisoles, yoked skirts, and cotton dresses with French lace inserts and feminine sashes (the Dina dress is a classic).The palette is clean and simple: blacks, whites, navies.So you can dress the part without actually playing it.Available at Roslyn, 2035 North Damen Avenue, between McLean and Dickens Avenues (773-489-1311 or roslynboutique.com). To see styles, go to carolannwachter.com.

Meg
inspired contemplation

I know this is a shopping thread but.....does anyone have any hotel recommendations for Chicago? My boyfriend and I are thinking of going away for a weekend at the end of June for lots of good eating and we really enjoy small, interesting boutique type hotels. I'd prefer something under $200 a night since a lot of the most well known boutique hotels are priced starting at about $220. Is there some unknown gem that I'm missing?!

16-05-2008
I am half-sick of shadows

Meg, you could try The Willows or The Majestic, both are in Lakeview which is a nice neighborhood on the North Side. Alternatively, you could try the W Hotel on Lake Shore Drive...I'm note sure what their room rate is but they do have packages like the one below.

W Chicago – Lakeshore brings the best of Michigan Avenue to you. See the sights, take in some shopping, then indulge some more with tasty treats. Your Michigan Avenue experience includes:
  • $50 Magnificent Mile gift certificate to hit your favorite stores
  • Unwind with a half hour carriage ride for up to four along the Magnificent Mile
  • A treat from Chicago’s own Garrett’s Popcorn
  • Two cool cocktails
  • All in a wonderful room you’ll love from $299
Arrive any day for stays through September 1, 2008.

17-05-2008
backstage pass

^^^ The Talbot hotel is very small and boutique-y

Sofitel.. James Hotel.. Hotel Blake..

21-05-2008
front row

Continue the theme from above, I know this is a shopping thread, but can anyone recommend a good place to have brunch around Lincoln Park area, preferably with outdoor seating that's good for people watching? I have some out-of-towners coming that I want to take them for Sunday morning brunch. :p

Anyone tried Unique So Chic, a tea/dessert place?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
chicago, shopping